Emile-Robert Blanchet

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
fleubis
Pianomasochist
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Emile-Robert Blanchet

Post by fleubis »

Anyone online shops selling Blanchet scores? I'm getting hungry for more of this composer's very interesting scores and wouldn't mind paying for those in copyright.
alfor
Pianodeity
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by alfor »

fleubis wrote:Anyone online shops selling Blanchet scores? I'm getting hungry for more of this composer's very interesting scores and wouldn't mind paying for those in copyright.
http://www.di-arezzo.com/france/resulta ... &nv_rech=1

http://www.musikhaus-dassler.de/suche.h ... chet+emile

http://www.halleonard.com/search/search ... s=blanchet
Best regards, Alfor S. Cans

Music is a higher revelation than wisdom and philosophy (Beethoven)

http://www.mediafire.com/alfor
4candles
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Piano, organ, (drums)

Post by 4candles »

I simply cannot understand how a composer as original as Blanchet has not been more widely recorded (though I'm sure someone here would be able to explain why).
My first introduction to his music was also via Hyperion's/Hamelin's Kaleidoscope album. The piece present there is also partially performed on YouTube in a typically improvisational interpretation by Nyiregyhazi, which I believe was also recorded on LP/disc.
I have suggested to a few record companies that his works need to be recorded for wider dissemination, but no news on that so far. We can only hope ;)
delius1995
Participant
Music Scores: No

Post by delius1995 »

I would love to see a disc with Blanchet's works, but this seems really utopian. As about Blanchet's output and its oblivion , in my opinion the hystericly changing musical trends contributed highly to its present state. Hundreds of composers like him became shadowy figures as the years passed by and the musical trends developped and changed. And this is even more infuriating in Blanchet's case, because of his uniqueness and quality of works. But the most weird is the large quantity of sheet music available ( under copyright, of course ). I hope some day the disc companies will force a renaissance of his works. Until then, we have to wait...
4candles
Pianomaniac

Post by 4candles »

Caprotti wrote:
fredbucket wrote:
Au Jardin du vieux Serail
Op. 7 Five Etudes
Op. 13 Theme and Variations
Op. 15 No. 1 Etude de Concert
Op. 15 No. 3 Polonaise
Op. 15 No. 4 Scherzo
Op. 18 Turquie
Op. 19 Neuf Etudes de Concert
Op. 22 Variations on a theme by Mendelssohn
Op. 27 No3 Impromptu
Op. 28 Tocsin, Passacaglia
Op. 29 Ballade No. 1
Op. 30 Ballade No. 2
Op. 32 Ballade No. 3
Op. 35 Three Ecossaises
Op. 41 Sixty-Four Preludes
Op. 41b Exercises for the left hand
Op. 44 Two Pieces
Op. 45 Rhapsodie turque
Op. 47 Divertimento
Op. 50 Le Pont des Caravanes (Smyrne)
Op. 53 Etudes for the left hand alone
Op. 55 Huit Etudes de concert
Op.108 Sonata
Saltarello

Regards
Fred

I can add :
op.09 Polonaise
op.11 Polonaise
op.14 Concertstuck
op.42 Deux Etudes
op.52 Six Etudes polyrythmiques
op.54 Exercices en forme musicale
op.70 Poème
op.76 n.4 Fileuse
op.78 n.1 Allegro
op.78 n.2 Agitato
op.82 n.1 Lento sostenuto
op.93 2 Toccatine
op.106 Etudes
op.107 n.1 Pastorale
op.107 n.2 Toccata

I wasn't sure whether to post this here or or in the organists' discussion group, and it's a long shot anyway, but would anyone have access to Blanchet's only known piece for organ (name not known)? Perhaps it is still in manuscript?
HullandHellandHalifax
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: piano organ harmonium

Post by HullandHellandHalifax »

hello 4candles,
I suspect you are right about the organ piece existing only in manuscript, I can find no trace of it in any organ music list. From what I have found on the net it appears likely to me that the manuscript is kept in the Bibliotheque Cantonale et Universitaire in Lausanne. perhaps a very nice email to them will be successful.
best wishes
Brian
4candles
Pianomaniac

Post by 4candles »

HullandHellandHalifax wrote:hello 4candles,
I suspect you are right about the organ piece existing only in manuscript, I can find no trace of it in any organ music list. From what I have found on the net it appears likely to me that the manuscript is kept in the Bibliotheque Cantonale et Universitaire in Lausanne. perhaps a very nice email to them will be successful.
best wishes
Brian
Many thanks for your advice Brian.

Regards,
4c
parag
Site Admin

Post by parag »

I wish to make a request that Blanchet's Turquie Op.18 which started off this thread should be rescanned at a better resolution if anyone has a hard copy. It is a gorgeous piece and being difficult to play, it would be great to have a decent quality scan of the same.

Thanks,
Parag

Edit: Based on the score I have 3,4 and 6 particularly need re-scanning.
passthesalt
Pianophiliac

Post by passthesalt »

parag wrote:I wish to make a request that Blanchet's Turquie Op.18 which started off this thread should be rescanned at a better resolution if anyone has a hard copy. It is a gorgeous piece and being difficult to play, it would be great to have a decent quality scan of the same.

Thanks,
Parag

Edit: Based on the score I have 3,4 and 6 particularly need re-scanning.
Parag, I second that request. I just did a cursory search online for Blanchet music and there is precious little to be had. In addition, whenever you can find a PDF of a Blanchet piece, it's always the same crummy scan. The ubiquitous Op 18, No 3 scan especially vexes me: every time I think I've finally found a clean scan of Jardin de Vieux Serail, up it pops, covered with its obnoxious little pencilled notations. (To be fair, the pencil marks aren't obnoxious - it's just that the scan is faint and the notations further obscure it.) Does a clean copy exist anywhere? If anyone out there can re-scan some Blanchet, I will join your fan club.
passthesalt
Pianophiliac

Post by passthesalt »

Blanchet's Op 13, Tema con Variazioni. TTTOS.
blanchet op13 theme and variations.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.