The Russian / Soviet Piano Concerto

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
lutoslawski
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano,Violin. Composer.
Music Scores: Yes

Re: The Russian / Soviet Piano Concerto

Post by lutoslawski »

mballan wrote:Especially for Thal and the CPS......Rostislav Boiko (1931 - ? ).....his Gypsy Rhapsody in D minor for Piano & Orchestra [2 piano arrangement].
Boiko R - Op 60 Gypsy Rhapsody in D minor for Piano & Orchestra [2P].pdf
There is a recording on the Russian Disc label [along with his other rhapsodies and 3rd symphony].

Malcolm
Ahh , Excellent work. Have not had a chance to see this recording. But his symphonies are very promising.

Tony
mballan
Site Owner
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by mballan »

I now know why I hate scanning piano concertos........too many pages, and this one was a particular sod to do.

I mentioned this work some weeks back, when I posted his 1st piano sonata - Faradzh Kara ogly Karayev (1943 - ), son to the better known Azerbaijan composer, Kara Karayev. His first concerto for piano and chamber orchestra arranged for two pianos [posted with due permission from the appropriate Azer. authority]. I've not yet managed to find out if this has ever been recorded......maybe Tony might be able to discover any information on this [would be very curious to hear] ?
Karayev F - Concerto for Piano & Chamber Orchestra [2P].pdf
Malcolm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lutoslawski
Pianophiliac

Post by lutoslawski »

mballan wrote:I now know why I had scanning piano concertos........too many pages, and this one was a particular sod to do.

I mentioned this work some weeks back, when I posted his 1st piano sonata - Faradzh Kara ogly Karayev (1943 - ), son to the better known Azerbaijan composer, Kara Karayev. His first concerto for piano and chamber orchestra arranged for two pianos [posted with due permission from the appropriate Azer. authority]. I've not yet managed to find out if this has ever been recorded......maybe Tony might be able to discover any information on this [would be very curious to hear] ?

Malcolm
Terribly curious. On the search.

Tony
lutoslawski
Pianophiliac

Post by lutoslawski »

mballan wrote:I now know why I had scanning piano concertos........too many pages, and this one was a particular sod to do.

Malcolm
Onno said that he had no idea, and could not find any specific information. While searching, i only discovered his postludia for piano and orchestra.
Also asked a fellow composer from ukraine, currently in lebanon, without any ideas either.

Still on the search Oo

Tony
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

In the spirit of Christmas.....and for those who teach our younger folk [as well as another one for Thal]......Leonid Brustinov - pianist, teacher and composer. Born 1948 in Donetsk to a musical family. He graduated from the Donetsk School of Music and the piano faculty of the Donetsk Musical and Pedagogical Institute (now the Prokofiev Conservatoire). For many years he taught at the Dzerzhinsky, Maikop and Slavic music schools in the Donetsk area. He also repeatedly appeared on stage at different levels as a solo performer, accompanist and with chamber ensembles. He immigrated to Israel in 1997 where he has since won many awards for his works - "Ashdod Inspiration" (1999 - first prize) and "Compassion "(Jerusalem, 2002). Radio REKA repeatedly aired his compositions - he is mainly noted for his vocal works especially songs based on Hebrew themes.

I have posted his delightful Children's Concerto for piano and orchestra, arranged for two pianos.
Brustinov L - Children's Concerto for piano & orchestra [2P].pdf
Malcolm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
thalbergmad
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano, banjo

Post by thalbergmad »

I say, you are on form today.

Thal
lutoslawski
Pianophiliac

Post by lutoslawski »

I say thank you !
wish you a very merry Christmas !

Tony
alegitor
Pianophiliac

Post by alegitor »

mballan wrote:The first of forementioned concertos - this may be of interest to those members who teach younger players - the Variations for Piano & Orchestra arranged for two pianos by Polunin.

Yuri Iosifovich Polunin (1913-82) – teacher, pianist and composer who worked all his life in various Moscow children’s schools and was noted as an exceptional teacher. His compositions, aimed at children / young players, include:

Three Pieces (Muzgiz 1951) 1. Recollection 2. New Play 3. Summer Rain
Sonatina (Muzgiz 1960)
Concert Variations for Piano & Orchestra – arr. Two Pianos (Muzyka 1966)
The Spinner [Spinning] Etude
Album for Children (Soviet Kompozitor 1986)
Seven Little Etudes

Malcolm
One more by Polunin. NMS, tttos.
Polunin_Concertino_for_pno_&_str_score.pdf
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

Re: Polunin.

Fantastic Alegitor.......I wasn't even aware of this work, so thank for posting.

Malcolm
sgambatiesque

Post by sgambatiesque »

I don't know if it's a forum member, but the YouTube channel for fyrexianoff is bursting at the seams with fantastic concerti of this genre (and other old Eastern Bloc countries)

http://www.youtube.com/user/fyrexianoff