honkytonkpiano
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Keyboard, Organ
Music Scores: No

Re: School of Syncopation - Jazz, Stride, Novelties & the Li

Post by honkytonkpiano »

Hi Jean-Séb, thank you, nice to hear.
Best regards,
Martin
Last edited by honkytonkpiano on Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
honkytonkpiano

Post by honkytonkpiano »

For all Boogie Woogie fans...
Here are two rare Boogie piano sheet music manuscripts incl. mp3 files by Che & Ray. One of the best Boogie Woogie Piano Duo from Switzerland.
Che & Ray - Real Boogie (MANUSCRIPT) (1975)m --LEGAL COPY OF MANUSCRIPT FOR THE PUBLIC--.pdf
Che & Ray - Real Boogie (1975) (cvcd)m.mp3
Che & Ray - Right Time To Boogie, The (MANUSCRIPT) (1983)m --LEGAL COPY OF MANUSCRIPT FOR THE PUBLIC--.pdf
Che & Ray - Right Time To Boogie, The (1983) (cvcd)m.mp3
Che & Ray are a Swiss Boogie-Woogie Duet from Zurich, Switzerland,
consisting of Jean-Marc "Che" Peyer (* 7th of May, 1950) and Raymond "Ray" Well (* 20th of August, 1950).

Jean-Marc Peyer (Che) and Raymond Fein (Ray) know himself from the school hours and started to play in 1968 together boogie-woogie. They played their first own concert in January, 1975 at the Bucheggplatz theatre in Zurich and still in the same year they published with "Giants Of boogie-woogie & blues" her first album. In 1977 they received her first golden record from a total of 7 golden sound carriers and one of platinum. Twice they were on European tour with Manhattan Transfer and Paul Anka. The large part of her repertoire passes of boogie-woogie and blues-own compositions, rapidly played on Grand pianos and E pianos, partially with Blues-Harp inserts of Che Peyer. However, in addition also come classics of Ludwig van Beethoven and Scott Joplin up to rock'n'roll of Jerry Lee Lewis.
Their second record "Burning the Boogie" receives the status Gold and Platinum. There follow six golden records. They played more than 3200 concerts, reached 3 million concert-goers and sold more than 300,000 sound carriers. Their second record "Burning the Boogie" receives the status Gold and Platinum. There follow six golden records. The duet appeared in three Saturday evening broadcasts with BBC One in London.
In 2005 the duet put his work; since then Che Peyer gives a concert solo.

Homepage by Che Peyer :
http://www.chepeyer.ch/

Translated from the german wikipedia website :
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Che_&_Ray

Best regards,
Martin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by honkytonkpiano on Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:55 am, edited 14 times in total.
gigiranalli
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Post by gigiranalli »

Hi Martin,

you uploaded some great music! Thank you very much for the neat pieces and for the detailed descriptions you often included with the scores.

I'd reply to your boogie woogie score with the posting of another Lionel Hampton piano solo (I see that his "Chop Chop" has already been posted by Frank time ago).

The title is "Hamp's Boogie Woogie" and I hope you'll like it!
Hampton, Lionel - Hamp's Boogie Woogie.pdf
Luigi
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
honkytonkpiano

Post by honkytonkpiano »

Hi Luigi, thank you for your nice compliments.. and Hamp's Boogie Woogie by Lionel Hampton & Milton Buckner.
In Europe Hamp's Boogie Woogie became very famous by Winifred Atwell.

Best regards,
Martin
Last edited by honkytonkpiano on Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.
fhimpsl
Pianomasochist
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Post by fhimpsl »

Dear Friends Luigi, Toby, Martin, Adrien and all other fellow fanciers of flightful syncopations,

Thank you for your continued postings of new discoveries. Martin, I was so delighted to see the Walter Dobschinski compositions which you generously shared with all of us. He is still very much a "name" with me. I remember seeing him associated with many fine German novelty piano pieces and songs in the past. And Luigi, those Lionel Hampton solos which Robbins published in the mid 1940s are both wonderful and extremely rare. Hampton died of a broken heart. I remember he suffered a fire in his New York apartment many years ago, in which he lost all personal artifacts musical and otherwise. He passed soon after that tragedy. Hampton's fame was on the xylophone, but he played fine piano as well. And I don't remember ever seeing "Black Jazz" by Gene Gifford, one of the few Alex Hill arrangements to boot. Wasn't Gene Gifford the composer of "Smoke Rings," which gained considerable popularity in the swing era? I can't recall. Gene Gifford may have been related to another Black (rag) composer, Alfred M. Gifford, who composed the wonderful "Banana Split Rag" and later about 1929 or so, "Lazy Mama."

Some time back I believe Adrien or another friend requested a copy of the Clarence Williams "Syncopated Classics" folio, which I'm posting here. This deserves to be in circulation, for it contains the only published record of two early Waller compositions, "Oriental Tones" and "Wild Cat Blues." Also included is Willie The Lion's "Keep Your Temper" as well as comparable rarities which may or may not have been published separately. Finally, I believe there was a request for the obscure Joe Davis sheet of "Random Thoughts" by Leo Erdody, which is also posted.
Williams, Clarence - Syncopated Negro Classics Folio a.pdf
Erdody, Leo - Random Thoughts.pdf
Enjoy and All Best,

Frank H.
honkytonkpiano

Post by honkytonkpiano »

Dear Frank,

At first.. thank you so much again for your immense work of all great and rare uploads !!!
Wow... and many thanks for the great "piano folio by Clarence Williams" plus
the fine Novelty piece "Random Thoughts by Leo Erdody".
Oh.. very nice to hear that you like the music by "Walter Dobschinski". Thank you.
I have some music scores more in work and i'll upload the files in the next weeks.

Some music for the weekend...
Here are two pieces by Thomas Fats Waller : "Blue, Turning Grey Over You" and "Keepin' Out Of Mischief Now", both Arr. by Georges Newtone.
Waller, Thomas Fats - Blue, Turning Grey Over You (1929, 1930) - Arr.Georges Newtone_m.pdf
Waller, Thomas Fats - Keepin' Out Of Mischief Now (1932) - Arr.Georges Newtone_m.pdf
Have fun and all the best,
Martin

P.S. Does somebody still have the piano solo sheet music of "The Minor Drag" by "Thomas Fats Waller" ? (It would be wonderful, thanks)
Last edited by honkytonkpiano on Thu May 14, 2015 10:15 pm, edited 7 times in total.
honkytonkpiano

Post by honkytonkpiano »

Here's "The Wicker Bill Blues", a Fox-Trot Song composed by famous player piano-roll artist J. Lawrence Cook (1923), featured by Lizzie Miles...
Cook, J.Lawrence - Wicker Bill Blues, The (Fox-Trot Song) (feat.by Lizzie Miles) (1923)m.pdf
Question...
In my collection i have some "Honky Tonk Piano" sheet music (compositions and arrangements).
Is anybody interested in this stuff ? I would be able to upload it...

Please let me know, thanks.
Martin

P.S. Not sure to upload "Honky Tonk Piano" here in this thread or better in the RAGS thread ?
Last edited by honkytonkpiano on Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:20 pm, edited 6 times in total.
honkytonkpiano

Post by honkytonkpiano »

Hi again,

Some years ago Luigi have uploaded a nice version of the famous "The Old Piano Roll Blues" by Cy Coben.
Here are two versions more. The first arrangement is by Billy Maxted and the second arr. by Gordon Rees.
Coben, Cy - Old Piano Roll Blues, The (Song) - Arr.Billy Maxted (1950)m.pdf
Coben, Cy - Old Piano Roll Blues, The - Arr.Gordon Rees; Feat.& broadcast by Semprini (1950)m.pdf
I hope you'll like it.
Best regards,
Martin

P.S. Does somebody still have other piano arrangements by Billy Maxted ? (It would be great, thanks)
Last edited by honkytonkpiano on Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
honkytonkpiano

Post by honkytonkpiano »

Here's a piece more by Billy Maxted, published in Germany : "Manhattan Spiritual" (Piano Solo incl. Chords) ((Featured by the "Reg Owen Orchestra"))
Maxted, Billy - Manhattan Spiritual (Edition Trumpf GmbH, Hamburg, Germany, 1958)m.pdf
Regards,
Martin