Music from Mexico

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
Igod82

Re: Music from Mexico

Post by Igod82 »

It would be wiser as i stated before to let me know wich castro scores you are going to scan so i can just post one that i scanned already. I had already previously aquired this score and scanned it. Here is my scan. do you have a list of scores Ilu that you are planning to scan next. i could save you some time. even maybe free up time to acquire much more difficult scores to obtain. like ramon serratos from the conservatorio nacional in polanco.
Castro - Op.44 Nostalgie.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ilu
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Post by ilu »

Thank you, you are right, so I will contact you with my list of scores,before scanning.

The Nostalgie by Castro was hard to find in the Conservatory of Mexico City.

Will you please post your list of piano scores by Serratos?

ILU
Quo melius Illac
Igod82

Post by Igod82 »

Castro is much easier to find at the cenedim library from where i copied a great deal of scores. I do not have any serratos i am trying to get some, from the pianist who recorded them he teaches at the conservatory. I will contact probably hector rojas to ask him for me.
ilu
Pianomaniac

Post by ilu »

I will seek Serratos too,
ILU
Quo melius Illac
ilu
Pianomaniac

Post by ilu »

FELIPE VILLANUEVA:
Eugene D'Albert, came to Mexico and after playing the first Mazurka de Villanueva, considered that the work had a passion and elegance, adding: "Felipe Villanueva is the most talented artist I've met in America"

Felipe Villanueva Gutierrez (Tecamac, State of Mexico, February 5 of 1862 -- Mexico D.F., May 28 of 1893) was a violinist, pianist and composer Mexican.

He is considered one of the most representative composers of the time of porfiriato, And one of the best known figures Romanticism Mexican music.

At ten years old he wrote his Patriotic Cantata For piano and four voices, a year later he composed his piano mazurka The last goodbye. In 1873 he joined the National Conservatory of Music under the protection of the building principal, Alfredo Bablot. However it was later rejected by the campus, so you should pay for their studies in piano and harmony in private classes with the teacher Antonio Valle. In 1876, fourteen years old, became a violinist in the orchestra of the Teatro Hidalgo led Joseph C. Camacho, Who took lessons in composition.
In 1879 the international firm of Wagner and Levien Sues published his works for piano The eruption of Penol and The arrival of the cyclone, Who made known among the Mexican public.

Felipe wanted to continue studying piano, which sought to Julio Ituarte, Who was one of the most famous teachers of the Conservatory. He began a good friendship with Gustavo Campa, Ricardo Castro, and he was the brightest students Ituarte. Around 1885, VillanuevaCampa and joined Juan Castro Hernández Acevedo, Carlos Meneses, Pablo Ignacio Quezada and Leon Castellanos and organized a group to study music and culture of France. Hernandez Acevedo, Castellanos Campa Castro and were later to study in the European country. The group opposed the followers of the Italian school, which prevailed at the Conservatory. The most important member of the Italians was Melesio Morales, who nearly two decades ago in Mexico had premiered his opera Ildegonda , Which gained great success in his presentation in Florence.

In 1887 he founded, along with Ricardo Castro, Gustavo E. Campa and Mexican musicians, the Music Institute, the official academy of the Group of Six, which transformed the teaching of music in Mexico with a major contribution of Villanueva, who works disseminated J. S. Bach, Chopin, Liszt and Anton Rubinstein.

Although he died prematurely, he left many works for piano and for voice and piano, and comic opera Keofar (1892), which premiered at the Home Theater Mexico City, with much success. His Poetic Waltz is known both in its version for piano solo and in symphonic arrangement that he did Gustavo E. Campa. His piano work has been recorded by several Mexican concert. His remains rest in the Rotunda of Illustrious Men Mexico City.

The Valse Poetico, Amor and Idolina were posted at old PP. the Moderator may decide if these scores remain here.

I will be glad to scan soon some more Villanueva's.

ILU
Villanueva - Vals Poetico.pdf
Villanueva - Amor Vals de Salon.pdf
felipevillanueva.idolina.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Quo melius Illac
oren segev
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by oren segev »

Ilu
Thanks as always
Here is another i have by Villanueva
Villanueva - Amar (nocturne).pdf
Oren
Riodk
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano, but not very well :-)

Post by Riodk »

nms....

Riodk
Villanueva_20_Primera Mazurka.pdf
Villanueva_Minueto.pdf
Villanueva_Lamento.pdf
ilu
Pianomaniac

Post by ilu »

Oren and Riodk:

Thank you.

Here is Amor, the last one I have.

ILU
FELIPE VILLANUEVA G[1].-Amor.doc
Quo melius Illac
ilu
Pianomaniac

Post by ilu »

Pompas Ricas is a foxtrot by Eduardo Vidal that was a super hit in the 20s, and was played in many Hispano-American films.

ILU
VIGIL-Pompas-ricas.doc
Quo melius Illac
relative
Pianophiliac

Post by relative »

Thank You, iLU.