Piano Transcriptions for two hands

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
phikfy
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: No

Re: Piano Transcriptions for two hands

Post by phikfy »

I had the Frederic Chiu transcription score. It's very nice. Glad you order it.
Aggelos
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano
Music Scores: Yes

Post by Aggelos »

Does anyone have Brahms / Hans von Bülow?
Jim Faston
Pianomasochist

Post by Jim Faston »

This just appeared on another forum. (NMS-TTOS) Seems a little fishy to me...
schubert_d667_stark_forellenquintett.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fleubis
Pianomasochist

Post by fleubis »

phikfy wrote:I had the Frederic Chiu transcription score. It's very nice. Glad you order it.
Got my score, complete with autograph. Chiu did a nice job.
fleubis
Pianomasochist

Post by fleubis »

Jim Faston wrote:This just appeared on another forum. (NMS-TTOS) Seems a little fishy to me...
schubert_d667_stark_forellenquintett.pdf
Thanks Jim. Stark did a very nice job transcribing. Now that fish from the sea is off my menu due to radiation poisoning, trout is definitely on the menu.
frlszt1811

Post by frlszt1811 »

Bronislau Kaper, the Hollywood composer, before coming to America, was working in Germany in the 1920s and early 1930s, composing some piano music with a classical/jazz fusion. He wrote some short solo piano pieces (still in manuscript) but published a set of 10 concert transcriptions of popular songs, in a set called "Jazz Drops". These were published by Alberti (Berlin) in the early 1930s.

He also composed some two piano transcriptions (which I have). However, I have not been able to locate FIVE of the ten transcriptions (I have Nos. 1, 2, 3, 6, and 10). Alberti was apparently bombed out of existence in 1944 (no other publishing house holds its archives). WorldCat and other sources I have checked do not have any of the remaining scores. I would appreciate any help in locating the last five of the set.

(I am attaching No. 10 of the set which has a list of all ten concert transcriptions on the face sheet.)
markush - kaper - Libe war es nie - Jazz Drops No. 10.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Alex
Pianophiliac

Post by Alex »

Here is a slight but fun transcription of a short student piece of Tchaikovsky's originally for string trio. Enjoy!
I have a rather large transcription in the finalizing process now that should have been finished a year ago, but I've been sidetracked by life and all of that. Lets just say it's by my favorite Beethoven pupil. Just need to clean up these four crazy voices that keep intermingling.
Tchaikovsky Allegretto Moderato TH152 2H.pdf
Last edited by Alex on Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
alfor
Pianodeity
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by alfor »

Alex wrote:Here is a slight but fun transcription of a short student piece of Tchaikovsky's originally for string trio. Enjoy!
I have a rather large transcription in the finalizing process now that should have been finished a year ago, but I've been sidetracked by life and all of that. Lets just say it's by my favorite Beethoven pupil. Just need to clean up these four crazy voices that keep intermingling.
Thaikovsky Allegretto Moderato TH152 2H.pdf

Thank you very much!
Best regards, Alfor S. Cans

Music is a higher revelation than wisdom and philosophy (Beethoven)

http://www.mediafire.com/alfor
Alex
Pianophiliac

Post by Alex »

You're welcome, Alfor!
Here is the beta version of my latest transcription. It took a heck of a lot of work, but I'm glad to share it with everyone. I don't believe there are any recordings of this piece, but I think it highly deserves to be recorded. I have a soft spot for Ferdinand Ries. This is my first foray into string quartet transcription so it's a little rough around the edges. I had particular difficulty scoring the 32nd notes during the 3rd variation in the second movement. Any comments or suggestions are welcome. Enjoy!
Ries String Quartet Op.70 No.1 (2H Bolton).pdf
Timtin
Pianodeity
Instruments played, if any: Piano40

Post by Timtin »

Alex - many thanks for this wonderful contribution!