Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Scandinavian Composers

Post by WCosand »

Thank you!
Riodk
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano, but not very well :-)

Post by Riodk »

I'm looking for works by norwegian composer Johannes Haarklou. Except op 24+27 which are the only two I have.

Thanks !

Riodk
Biljana
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by Biljana »

mballan wrote:Thank you Biljana.

And on that note......some more Ludvig Schytte [which I hope hasn't been posted before]:

Op 24 Variations in the style of various composers
Schytte L - Variations in the style of various composers Op 24.pdf
Op 50 Twenty-four progressive Studies
Schytte L - Twenty-four Progressive Studies Op 50.pdf
Op 54 5 Albumblatter
Schytte L - 5 Albumblatter Op.54.pdf
Malcolm
Dear Malcolm,
I am on my vacation and checking pianophilia in an Internet Cafee as all adicted Pianophiliacs, and just wanted to thank you again for this wonderful Schytte Etudes and Pieces.
I can`t wait to get home to print this etudes....

Thank you very much

Biljana
:D :) :D
Timtin
Pianodeity
Instruments played, if any: Piano40

Post by Timtin »

Nice melodic songs - the typical tunes of Scandinavia.
(Or nms tttos, for short.)
Scandinavian Dance Music.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

Having posted Op 6 of Palmgren earlier on this thread......a few more of his earlier piano works, which I always find very engaging.

Malcolm
Palmgren S - Three Piano Pieces Op 2.pdf
Palmgren S - Suite for Piano Op 3.pdf
Palmgren S - Three Piano Pieces Op 4.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.

Post by fredbucket »

I don't think these works by Neils Gade have been circulated before (courtesy of Sibley)

Publication Name: Pianoforte-Werke zu zwei Händen. Op. 27, 28, 31.
URL: https://urresearch.rochester.edu/instit ... onNumber=1
Composer:Gade, Niels, Wilhelm (1817 - 1890)

Regards
Fred
Allan

Post by Allan »

Hello!

Just joined today, and was pleasantly surprised to see several Palmgren pieces that I hadn't seen elsewhere before. Thank you, to the uploaders! :)

I don't believe that these are located here as of yet (not my scans, but the copyright date places them in the Public Domain):
Palmgren Op 54 no1.pdf
Palmgren Op 54 no2.pdf
And to complete the opus, No. 3 from IMSLP: http://imslp.org/wiki/3_Piano_Pieces,_O ... en,_Selim). (Please note that their copy repeats page 5.)

Does anyone have his Opus 27, or Opus 57? I have the pieces that are available at IMSLP from each of those opus, but each opus isn't complete there. (Sidebar: what is the proper plural of "opus"?)

From Opus 27, I'm looking for Nos. 1, 2, 5, and 7. While from Opus 57, I'm looking for Nos. 1 and 3. It would be fantastic if anyone had those available.
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

Allan wrote:Hello!

Just joined today, and was pleasantly surprised to see several Palmgren pieces that I hadn't seen elsewhere before. Thank you, to the uploaders! :)

I don't believe that these are located here as of yet (not my scans, but the copyright date places them in the Public Domain):
Palmgren Op 54 no1.pdf
Palmgren Op 54 no2.pdf
And to complete the opus, No. 3 from IMSLP: http://imslp.org/wiki/3_Piano_Pieces,_O ... en,_Selim). (Please note that their copy repeats page 5.)

Does anyone have his Opus 27, or Opus 57? I have the pieces that are available at IMSLP from each of those opus, but each opus isn't complete there. (Sidebar: what is the proper plural of "opus"?)

From Opus 27, I'm looking for Nos. 1, 2, 5, and 7. While from Opus 57, I'm looking for Nos. 1 and 3. It would be fantastic if anyone had those available.
Hello Allan

Welcome to Pianophilia - hope you find the site interesting and useful, plus can share music, insights and humour with our many members.

I am looking at posting a fair amount of Palmgren eventually, so will look to see if I have the pieces you have listed in my collection. Keep an eye on this thread :D

Malcolm
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.

Post by fredbucket »

Allan wrote:From Opus 27, I'm looking for Nos. 1, 2, 5, and 7.
And welcome fro me, too. Here is No.5.
palmgren - op. 27 no. 5 tanssi-intermezzo.pdf
Regards
Fred
pianojay

Post by pianojay »

Allan wrote:Hello!

Palmgren Op 54 no1.pdf
Palmgren Op 54 no2.pdf

Thanks a lot for completing Op. 54! I can help with Op. 57:

http://www.mediafire.com/?p2qjahwfp6sqr8k

As for the plural of "opus", either "opera" or "opuses". As we say here at PP, "the more the merrier"! :))