Walter Niemann

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
Paul
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano (amateur)
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Walter Niemann

Post by Paul »

Dear friends,

a new batch of Niemann scores has arrived at my library, so whenever I find time I will scan and post some more of them.

Have a nice weekend!

Paul
Niemann W op.9 Erinnerungen.pdf
Niemann W op.8 Holsteinische Idyllen.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jean-Séb
Pianomasochist
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by Jean-Séb »

Paul wrote:Dear friends,

a new batch of Niemann scores has arrived at my library, so whenever I find time I will scan and post some more of them.

Have a nice weekend!

Paul
Always very much appreciated. Thank you.
Paul
Pianophiliac

Post by Paul »

... and two more ...

Best regards

Paul
Niemann W Klassische Weihnachtsmusik - 4 Transkriptionen.pdf
Niemann W op.28 3 Nocturnes Nr.2 und 3.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fleubis
Pianomasochist

Post by fleubis »

Paul wrote:Dear friends,

Have a nice weekend!

Paul
Thank Paul! What a lovely collection of pastoral pieces. The op.8 & 9 suggest Niemann visited Norway, what with the echos of Grieg. He was certainly a widely traveled composer.
kh0815

Post by kh0815 »

fleubis wrote:
Paul wrote:Dear friends, a new batch of Niemann scores has arrived at my library, so whenever I find time I will scan and post some more of them. Have a nice weekend! Paul
Thank Paul! What a lovely collection of pastoral pieces. The op.8 & 9 suggest Niemann visited Norway, what with the echos of Grieg. He was certainly a widely traveled composer.
No, fleubis, following Niemann's own report he definitely did not travel much, and in particular not far away, see above: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=103&start=50#p3917. His poetic pictures from abroad were a product of his musical phantasy. Paul: Thank you a lot for being so generous!
Paul
Pianophiliac

Post by Paul »

kh0815 and fleubis, you're welcome.

Quite a lot of snow this weekend, so after skiing I had some time to do one more Niemann - enjoy

Paul
Niemann W op.19 Musikalisches Bilderbuch.pdf
alegitor
Pianophiliac

Post by alegitor »

Paul wrote:kh0815 and fleubis, you're welcome.

Quite a lot of snow this weekend, so after skiing I had some time to do one more Niemann - enjoy

Paul
Great, as usual :D

Thanks!
Paul
Pianophiliac

Post by Paul »

Dear friends,

I have some work for you (that means all of you who download the Niemann scores here) to do - I found only the No.2 of op.94.
Please go to your libraries and try to find the first piece - Venezia!! Thank you in advance!!

All the best

Paul
Niemann W op.94,2 Impromptu-Caprice.pdf
fleubis
Pianomasochist

Post by fleubis »

kh0815 wrote:
fleubis wrote:
Paul wrote:Dear friends, a new batch of Niemann scores has arrived at my library, so whenever I find time I will scan and post some more of them. Have a nice weekend! Paul
No, fleubis, following Niemann's own report he definitely did not travel much, and in particular not far away, see above: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=103&start=50#p3917. His poetic pictures from abroad were a product of his musical phantasy. Paul: Thank you a lot for being so generous!
How very interesting! He has these little local country portraits spread throughout his oeuvre and it came all from his mind. A fertile imagination, indeed.
Paul
Pianophiliac

Post by Paul »

time for the daily Niemann - two very different pieces - a old Menuet and a ghostship-ballade.

enjoy!

Paul
Niemann W op.66 Trianon - Menut favori.pdf
Niemann W op.160 Die Gespensterbark - Traumballade.pdf