Alfor's Rarities from the new PP

An archive of scores from the old Pianophilia board, and old threads from this board.
mballan
Site Owner
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Alfor's Rarities

Post by mballan »

alfor wrote:Nobody willing or able to comment on the Goltz Preludes??
Yes, I confess that I am also a bit of a "download junky" and yes, I also do not always have the time to print and play the downloaded music instantly. Nevertheles, I would like to have a little statistics how many people are actually playing my scores.
Hi Alfor

Well I do for a start [time permitting] of everything you post [albeit badly in some cases]!!! Although must admit I already had a copy of the Goltz, you just beat me posting them on PP. Interesting set of preludes reflecting a hint of late romanic ala Rachmaninov with a more modern approach [and of course that Soviet influence behind them as well]. I've also got the CD and can highly recommend.

I think the interesting question to poll may be....are any of the works you and I have posted ever been played in a concert or for a future recording ?

I for one - and I know there are many others - really appreciate the works you are posting. :D

Malc
alfor
Pianodeity
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by alfor »

A late
Walter NIEMANN
Ilsenburger Sonate op. 150 (easy-flowing as always, with a lot of Grieg influence in the 2nd movement)
Niemann Ilsenburger Sonate op.150.pdf
nd movement)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best regards, Alfor S. Cans

Music is a higher revelation than wisdom and philosophy (Beethoven)

http://www.mediafire.com/alfor
alfor
Pianodeity

Post by alfor »

A pre-GDR-

Max BUTTING
Fantasie op. 28
Butting Fantasie op.28.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

klavierelch
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Recorder

Post by klavierelch »

Special thanks for the Butting, alfor.
Copyrighted scores, which are out-of-print and not obtainable commercially will always be welcome here.
Ars opus est hominis, non opus artis homo.

John Owen, Epigrammata (1615)
alfor
Pianodeity

Post by alfor »

Matvei Akimovich GOZENPUD
24 Preludes op. 53 (vol.I Nos. 1-12; hope you have vol. II, Malc!!)
Gozenpud Preludes op.53 vol.I.pdf
Last edited by alfor on Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alfor
Pianodeity

Post by alfor »

Waiting for the score archive...

Igor SHAMO
Ukrainian Suite
Shamo Ukrainian suite.pdf

ilu
Pianomaniac

Post by ilu »

Alfor:

Thank you! here is his site:

http://www.igorshamo.de/eng/biogr.htm
Quo melius Illac
fleubis
Pianomasochist

Post by fleubis »

alfor wrote:Nobody willing or able to comment on the Goltz Preludes??
Yes, I confess that I am also a bit of a "download junky" and yes, I also do not always have the time to print and play the downloaded music instantly. Nevertheles, I would like to have a little statistics how many people are actually playing my scores.
I like these preludes and agree they have a post-Rachmaninoff flavor to them. I get frustrated by many pieces, though due to my small hands--can't span a 10th, but these preludes are very pianistic and I especially like nr 23. Thanks for posting, Alfor.
Richard0428

Post by Richard0428 »

kh0815 wrote:
alfor wrote:You are welcome, Biljana and Ferrucio! Next will be an obscure violin and piano sonata by a certain Benjamin Dale (sure, you never heard that name, Ferruccio :lol: ).
Seta Tanyel played Dale's piano sonata 2003 in Husum - hard work for her, IMHO not really worth the effort.

Actually, Dale is relatively well-known among the Brits, mainly thanks to his D minor piano sonata (began in 1902), which is a pretty ambitious work and was quite often played once, parts of the work being heard under such well-known names as York Bowen, Benno Moiseiwitsch and Myra Hess. It's also been recorded at least once on CD (by Peter Jacobs, my piano teacher!).
lutoslawski
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano,Violin. Composer.

Post by lutoslawski »

alfor wrote:You are welcome, Biljana and Ferrucio! Next will be an obscure violin and piano sonata by a certain Benjamin Dale (sure, you never heard that name, Ferruccio :lol: ).
Alfor i would love to see the obscure violin sonata u mention from Dale. Is he a late romantic? I am very interested in this. And about 4 hands. I see so many unknown russians u post, i just cant manage to think which one would be great. I get mind blasted thinking of so many russians. Perhaps a 4 piano work by Roslavets or Protopopov, if they ever wrote?
There is just to much of them... From Arapov to Zhukovsky ,i just dont know which rare russian wrote a work for 4 hands haha. Others, besides the russians, perhaps german or austrian composers?
Last time i was playing the sonata eroica from waldermar baussnern, it was a great work. The 2nd movement is so romantic. Playing this sonata is like hearing or playing a late romantic symphonic work, but played on the piano. Felt like a little symphony transcribed for the piano. I suggest members here to play it :)

Tony