School of Syncopation - Jazz, Stride, Novelties & the Like

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
ragsnstride
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: School of Syncopation - Jazz, Stride, Novelties & the Li

Post by ragsnstride »

You are very welcome. I have been downloading music for quite a while now and have felt bad about not posting anything, as I don't think that I have anything that hasn't been already posted. So I'm glad that I was finally able to post something, even though it was available in a folio.
Enjoy,
Shoshana
Timtin
Pianodeity
Instruments played, if any: Piano40

Post by Timtin »

ragsnstride wrote:I have been downloading music for quite a while now and have felt bad about not posting anything, as I don't think that I have anything that hasn't been already posted.
I know how you feel as regards feeling bad, which is why I upload from time to time.
Imagine if the stats showed not only the total no. of messages posted by each member,
but also their upload and download totals - it would make interesting reading. :idea:
tobyjj
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Guitar, Banjo, Ukulele, Erhu, Trumpet, Saxophone, Recorders,

Post by tobyjj »

Hello All,

Thanks for the Miller publication Shoshana -
there are some interesting sounding pieces to track down on those inside and back covers.

It does appear to be the same as the Billy Mayerl edition as far as the music is concerned. I had previously downloaded that from PP, so at least that resolves one of my question marks as to which folio I might have had a version of it.

That means I should also have another folio with (maybe) a different version of it - I will keep an eye out for it. My current cataloguing system is inefficient and woefully incomplete. It takes a lot of time to get it into order and I might never achieve that ... :)

As to your own collection - I am sure there is plenty of stuff in it that is well worth passing on. In fact I think there are still quite a few items that I would quite like to have.

Regards,
tobyjj
ragsnstride

Post by ragsnstride »

Toby,
I do have a pretty big collection, as you already know, however, a lot of it I can't post up here. What I can legitimately post, seems to either be up already or I've gotten it from here. But I'll look when I have some time. In the meantime, you can always message me here or email me if you want/need something.
All the best,
Shoshana
tnecnivincent
Participant
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Ukulele

Post by tnecnivincent »

Here are two rare novelty piano solos "self-published" by Robert Marine in 1928. He composed a eight of these: Hot Fingers, Lotta Trix, Full of Tricks, Manhattan Blues, Burning the Keys, Coaxing the Ivories, Marine Syncopations, Keyboard Klassic

Marine was a teacher and pianist affiliated with the Axel Christensen's school of music. Hope you enjoy these!

Does anyone have sheet music to Tom Satterfield's 1928 Robbins Publication Blueberries? I'd really love the score to that one, and I'd happily find something from my collection to scan for you in return.

Vincent
Marine, Robert - Hot Fingers.pdf
Marine, Robert - Full Of Tricks.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tobyjj
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Guitar, Banjo, Ukulele, Erhu, Trumpet, Saxophone, Recorders,

Post by tobyjj »

Hi Shoshana,

I didn't mean to imply that I thought you should be posting material - I just wanted to let you know (or reassure you), that I happen to think you have a fantastic collection. :)

regards,
tobyjj
tobyjj
Pianomaniac

Post by tobyjj »

Hi tnecniV,

Thanks for posting the Robert Marine pieces - you wouldn't happen to have the other 6 of the set would you?

I don't think I have the Satterfield piece you mention, but will check for it in my archives.

regards,
tobyjj
tobyjj
Pianomaniac

Post by tobyjj »

I checked - I don't have the Satterfield piece - certainly not as a single piece.

regards,
tobyjj
tobyjj
Pianomaniac

Post by tobyjj »

Hello All,

Would anyone happen to have any (or all) of the following ? -

Alford Mad Major March
Alford Vanished army march
Alford Voice of the guns march
Alford Wedded whimsies Humorous fantasy

Not strictly speaking syncopated music of course, but I find that most marches can become so, the way I play them !
(That is not a boast, by the way - it is merely honest self criticism)!

regads,
tobyjj
fhimpsl
Pianomasochist

Post by fhimpsl »

Hi Vincent, tobyjj and all other friends,

After some searching I found Tom Satterfield's "Blueberries," which is attached. Enjoy!

Frank

Satterfield, Tom - Blueberries (1928).pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.