School of Syncopation - Jazz, Stride, Novelties & the Like

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
quercus
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: School of Syncopation - Jazz, Stride, Novelties & the Like

Post by quercus »

Just to clarify, Hal Leonard does sell digital versions, although it sounds like they're not downloadable as PDFs.

That said, you can find a bunch of them in PDF format on Anna's Archive.
PhilM93
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by PhilM93 »

Dear Quercus
Yes, they're not buyable in PDF. i've got some in physical form, just was wondering, if somebody has a few digitalized.
Whats anna's archive?
Regards
Philm93
quercus
Site Admin

Post by quercus »

Anna's Archive is one of the best sources for all kinds of PDF books. They decided not to compete with IMSLP, so their selection of classical scores is limited. But they do have a decent amount of jazz. They also have an extensive collection of in-print and out-of-print books about music.

Here's a link to get you started, but you might do better searching for exact titles.
https://annas-archive.org/search?q=jazz+piano+solos
PhilM93
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by PhilM93 »

Thanks for all the replies :)
Particularely i' m looking for the "swinging jazz"
Anna's archive is great. Found some good stuff there.
Thanks
bingo
Site Admin

Post by bingo »

From the 1983 Russian film "We Are Jazz" with music composed, conducted and played by Anatoli Kroll.
Piano arrangements by Stanislav Berezhnov

LP liner notes via Google Translate: We are from JAZZ
WeAreJazz-front.png
WeAreJazz-en.png
Film music
Orchestra "Sovremennik" conducted by A. Kroll
Side 1
Ragtime (A. Kroll) 0.50
Smile of old Moscow (A. Kroll) -2.16
Rag disc (A. Krol) - 2.43
Hermitage, foxtrot (A. Kroll) - 2.04
Old piano (M. Minkov D. Ivanov) 2.21 O.Pirags and I. Sklyar
Blues of the old Arbat (A. Kroll) -3.42 Soloist E. E. Semenov, Cake-walk
clarinet (Smith, Groy, Williams) - 2.44 L. Valley
My good old ruin (Smith, Balkan) - 3.39 L. Valley
Side 2
I will play jazz (A. Kroll) 2.23 Soloist L. Gugnyaev, trumpet
In the gazebo (A. Kroll) -3.06
Rumba (A. Kroll) - 3.56 Soloist E. Semenov, alto saxophone
Journey into Jazz (A. Kroll) - 2.49 Soloist G. Garanyan, alto saxophone
Where the dream lives (A. Kroll) 4.01 Soloists: V. Guseinov, trumpet, G. Garanyan, alto saxophone O. Pirags
Thank you, music, to you (M. Minkov D. Ivanov) - 4.16

Arrangements by A. Kroll
Musical cinema is an ambiguous concept. This is a movie musical, a traditional musical comedy, and a film adaptation of an opera, or operettas.

The film “We Are From Jazz” is, by all indications, a cheerful musical comedy that is easy to watch and listen to. However, this film not only entertaining. It is the formation of Soviet jazz, one of the full-fledged genres of Soviet musical art. And the ease with which it was filmed and acted does not at all prevent us from perceiving
it as an educational film, if you like, telling about the first steps of Soviet jazz. It does not contain the specific names of those who laid the professional foundations of Soviet jazz instrumental music - A. Tsfasman, A. Varlamov, N. Minkha, but the spirit of these musicians seems to be invisibly present in the film, and the talented
director Karen Shakhnazarov and the actors performing the main The roles enthusiastically and seriously, although cheerfully, strive to convey the atmosphere of the musical life of the 20s, when new forms and genres of the then young Soviet art were maturing.
Is it worth talking about how important it is in a musical film? the role of music! Composer, conductor, artistic director Sovremennik Orchestra Anatoly Kroll did a great job
not only as the author of beautiful, elegant and precise in its “antique” style of jazz melodies (two songs by Mark Minkov are also heard in the film). He became, so to speak, the musical soul of the film, its musical director, who determined the climate and mood of this film. The evolution of the musical language within the film is
accurately traced: lovers of jazz music will notice this on this record, which features melodies in the spirit of the earliest forms of jazz. for (ragtime) and its later movements (early swing).
Anatoly Krolya also performed here as a soloist pianist, performing who performed all the piano parts, as a conductor who recorded the music of the film with his orchestra, which not only performed jazz retro music accurately, but also with warmth; In my opinion, people of all generations listen to it with great pleasure. Larisa Do
took part in the recording of the music for the film “We are from Jazz.”
Lina (she also starred in one of the roles in this film), actor Igor Sklyar (the leading actor) and singer Olga Pirags.
I am sure that this record will not only be appreciated
music lovers, but will also provide an opportunity to retain the impression
of an interesting musical film for a long time.
Yu. Saulsky, Honored Artist of the RSFSR

© "MELODY", 1983
All-Union Recording Studio, Recording 1983
ANATOLY KROLL Smile of Old Moscow [Stanislav Berezhnov].pdf
ANATOLY KROLL Where the Dream Lives [Stanislav Berezhnov].pdf
ANATOLY KROLL Journey to Jazz [Stanislav Berezhnov].pdf
ANATOLY KROLL In the Gazebo [Stanislav Berezhnov].pdf
ANATOLY KROLL I Will Play Jazz [Stanislav Berezhnov].pdf
ANATOLY KROLL Hermitage [Stanislav Berezhnov].pdf
ANATOLY KROLL Blues of Old Arbat [Stanislav Berezhnov].pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.