Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
fleubis
Pianomasochist
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: School of Syncopation - Jazz, Stride, Novelties & the Li

Post by fleubis »

Ferruccio wrote:This is great !!
Thank you so much for this huge amount of Tsfasman !! :)

Best wishes, Ferruccio (amateur pianist)
Seconded! Had a blast playing through these little pieces of history this afternoon. Next week I'll work on pronouncing his name!
tobyjj
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Guitar, Banjo, Ukulele, Erhu, Trumpet, Saxophone, Recorders,

Post by tobyjj »

Hello Fleubis,

Given the intensity of your fingering discussions with Alfor I'd have thought you could count ! ;)
Technically it should be "thirded" !

Just a little espieglerie - no offence intended.
:D

regards,

tobyjj
Participant
Music Scores: No

Post by 1989128 »

caostotale wrote:For the sake of completeness, here are two other volumes of Tsfasman, including mostly the same works as the previous post and a few other works (such as the Samba)

Alexander Naumovich TSFASMAN
Dancing Music, dance pieces (15), for piano (Recreational Music - Library for the Amateur Pianist) (1984)
Thank you for those Tsfasman!!! I love it!

By the way do you have Tsfasman Jazz suite? It's really impressive. Pletnev played on Verbier 2013.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eKUlwjsyPI
phikfy
Pianophiliac

Post by phikfy »

1989128 wrote:
caostotale wrote:For the sake of completeness, here are two other volumes of Tsfasman, including mostly the same works as the previous post and a few other works (such as the Samba)

Alexander Naumovich TSFASMAN
Dancing Music, dance pieces (15), for piano (Recreational Music - Library for the Amateur Pianist) (1984)
Thank you for those Tsfasman!!! I love it!

By the way do you have Tsfasman Jazz suite? It's really impressive. Pletnev played on Verbier 2013.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eKUlwjsyPI
Thanks for the video. It's incredible that Pletnev would play Tsfasman...
tobyjj
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Guitar, Banjo, Ukulele, Erhu, Trumpet, Saxophone, Recorders,

Post by tobyjj »

Hello,
phikfy wrote:
Hmm,
I'm not so sure I agree, there is after all nothing wrong with the music itself.
In fact I have often wondered how some of the classical greats would have responded to the modern idioms if free of their indentured restraints. I believe Mozart would have been an amazing jazz improviser if his social and financial circumstances had allowed / demanded it.

Faure would have been an amazing cocktail, atrium performer with a little bit of left shoulder and a hesitant right hand.

Rachmaninov would have out-strided and out swung the best of this forum's icons. Forget 10ths - try 18ths, without rolling them !

Some of the most popular "American musicians - pianists" were classically trained immigrants, who were only trying to make a living and who might never have been heard of if they had persisted in conventional performances and music tutoring in the classical vein.

regards,
tobyjj
Scriabinoff
Pianomaniac

Post by Scriabinoff »

Interesting little work by Hans Barth.

Like before, I am visiting another spot so my scanner does not behave like my regular one, if anyone wishes to crop and clean up the score (short, 2 pages of music + 1 cover), I know we would all sincerely appreciate it. 8-)
Barth, Hans - Bach Listens to Boogie Woogie.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jim Faston
Pianomasochist

Post by Jim Faston »

Scriabinoff wrote:Interesting little work by Hans Barth.

Like before, I am visiting another spot so my scanner does not behave like my regular one, if anyone wishes to crop and clean up the score (short, 2 pages of music + 1 cover), I know we would all sincerely appreciate it. 8-)
Barth, Hans - Bach Listens to Boogie Woogie.pdf
The score came out good--I had to guess at the cover:
Barth_Bach Listens to Boogie-Woogie.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
phikfy
Pianophiliac

Post by phikfy »

tobyjj wrote:Hello,
phikfy wrote:
Hmm,
I'm not so sure I agree, there is after all nothing wrong with the music itself.
In fact I have often wondered how some of the classical greats would have responded to the modern idioms if free of their indentured restraints. I believe Mozart would have been an amazing jazz improviser if his social and financial circumstances had allowed / demanded it.

Faure would have been an amazing cocktail, atrium performer with a little bit of left shoulder and a hesitant right hand.

Rachmaninov would have out-strided and out swung the best of this forum's icons. Forget 10ths - try 18ths, without rolling them !

Some of the most popular "American musicians - pianists" were classically trained immigrants, who were only trying to make a living and who might never have been heard of if they had persisted in conventional performances and music tutoring in the classical vein.

regards,
tobyjj
Hi,

I said it's incredible because to my impression, I never heard Pletnev playing anything jazzy. It really amazes me when he actually does. :)

Koon
Participant

Post by 1989128 »

phikfy wrote:I said it's incredible because to my impression, I never heard Pletnev playing anything jazzy. It really amazes me when he actually does. :)

Koon
Wow, Pletnev wrote a Jazz Suite years ago!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf08LC0F8Yw
phikfy
Pianophiliac

Post by phikfy »

1989128 wrote:
phikfy wrote:I said it's incredible because to my impression, I never heard Pletnev playing anything jazzy. It really amazes me when he actually does. :)

Koon
Wow, Pletnev wrote a Jazz Suite years ago!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf08LC0F8Yw
Cool, never knew about this before. Thanks for letting me know the other side of this great pianist.