Recordings and Requests

Private recordings of unusual works to be shared with members
musiclife217
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Recordings and Requests

Post by musiclife217 »

Alex wrote:Hi Musiclife, I can definitely record those two pieces for you. I also see some works on IMSLP. Do you recommend any that are on there? Any other requests will be fine too! I enjoy playing this period of music very much. I also recently recorded Kullak's Lieder aus alter Zeit, Op.80 and will share that. Unfortunately the last piece didn't turn out very well so I didn't include that.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zny9jkk61wsq9
thank you so much for your consideration of Dohler! some of his nocturnes I would be interested to hear also - I will look through what I have... what is on imslp is okay, but I'd like to dig a little big deeper... bravo on the kullak! ♪
Alex
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by Alex »

Hi all, I just finished a round of recordings. I recorded a LOT by composer Panchenko, from a PM request by Parag. The music interested me so much that I had to record a lot! I also include the two Dohler pieces! If you would like to share some new scans, I would be sure to record them for you, Musiclife. I liked the Ballade a lot!

Panchenko: http://www.mediafire.com/?b6z1c623saldm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
parag
Site Admin

Post by parag »

Thanks a lot Alex... this is quite a treat. I have played through most of the sonnets (that I could manage)... I have always wondered what the "sonnets" were referring to.

Thanks again!
Parag
musiclife217
Pianomaniac

Post by musiclife217 »

Alex wrote:Hi all, I just finished a round of recordings. I recorded a LOT by composer Panchenko, from a PM request by Parag. The music interested me so much that I had to record a lot! I also include the two Dohler pieces! If you would like to share some new scans, I would be sure to record them for you, Musiclife. I liked the Ballade a lot!

Panchenko: http://www.mediafire.com/?b6z1c623saldm
quite a treat indeed ! just fabulous! I cannot tell you how much I appreciate your sharing this music! thank you so much again for your consideration and I will look through what I have here and post soon... ;)
musiclife217
Pianomaniac

Post by musiclife217 »

while I am sifting through some scores, I came across one that, though it may seem like a singular choice, I have sought a recording for quite some time - it is Chaminade's op. 56 - Scaramouche, which is on imslp, etc. I would very much appreciate a hearing of this piece, as it is found in almost every volume collected of her music and I have also seen it on her performance schedules from the past ... She is also one composer that I research and would like to see a few more pieces recorded that have been neglected ... her music is quite beautiful and full of diversion and I hope that you agree ;) thank you again for your sharing of your time and talent :) ♪♫♪
Alex
Pianophiliac

Post by Alex »

Hi musiclife, here you go! I have played some Chaminade pieces before and they are very nice. Some pieces I originally had from before are her Guitarre Op.32 and Toccata Op.39. I recorded them as well but it seems they already exist on cd (which I do not have) and it may not be as useful to share them. Are they any other pieces that lack recordings and you feel *must* be recorded in her output? I'm all ears :). I like these kinds of pieces, and my favorite composer of this kind and period of music would be Moszkowski.
Note to Parag, I can only think of Shakespeare, but really I have no idea!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
4candles
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Piano, organ, (drums)

Post by 4candles »

Any chance you could try one or two of the easier works by Blanchet - 'Le matins du bosphore' from Turquie for example, or one of the 64 Preludes, op. 41?
Thanks
4c
Alex
Pianophiliac

Post by Alex »

Here you go! Two Preludes (this set seems more like Etudes :O ) and the Turquie piece. Also included are two pieces by Dianov as requested by Parag.
parag
Site Admin

Post by parag »

Wow... I like what I hear of the Dianovs. Wish more of his works surface...
Thanks Alex!

Parag
4candles
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Piano, organ, (drums)

Post by 4candles »

Thanks so much Alex! All these pieces are just lovely!
Why oh why don't they appear in commercial recordings! :roll: