Klengel 120 Canons & Fugues

Private recordings of unusual works to be shared with members
fahl5
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: No

Klengel 120 Canons & Fugues

Post by fahl5 »

Since yesterday my complete recording of A.A.Klengels 120 Canons and Furgues is online. As far as I know it is the only available and presumably at least the first complete recording. You will find the Score for the two Volumes of the Canons and fugues at the imslp site. (I you do have difficulties to get "Les Avantcoureurs" I'll try to make a pdf from my xerocopies. But they are not that pretty god, so if any other has a better copy, you will be much luckier with it.)
I am quite curious, what you think about this incredible and absolute rarly (if ever in the last 100 Years) heard and played music.
Here are short (2-4 minutes) 'teasers' made by short exzerpts of some recordings from eauch of Klengels Collections:
Les Avantcoureurs,
Canons und Fugen Bd.1,
Canons und Fugen Bd.2
The complete Recording you will find on my Music-website exactly here
best fahl5
Listen music never heard before at klassik-resampled.de
parag
Site Admin
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Klengel 120 Canons & Fugues

Post by parag »

Superb Steffen, as always.
The scores were scanned by Sibley and can be found here: https://urresearch.rochester.edu/instit ... onNumber=1

Many thanks for these!
Parag
4candles
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Piano, organ, (drums)
Music Scores: Yes

Post by 4candles »

Quite an undertaking with extremely impressive results! Your pianism and the sound quality of the piano and the recordings are excellent!

Thank you for sharing this with us!

:)
fahl5
Music Scores: No

Post by fahl5 »

Thank you both for your kind answers. The Link you provided parag is just for the score of the two volumes with 48 Canons and Fuges in all keys. They dont share the "Les Avantcoureurs" which are the first 24 Canons. I have now put a Link on my site for the Score
best
fahl5
Listen music never heard before at klassik-resampled.de