The Bucket List - Bach's WTC in Colour

Private recordings of unusual works to be shared with members
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.
Music Scores: Yes

The Bucket List - Bach's WTC in Colour

Post by fredbucket »

One of the advantages of modern technology is the ability to score music on a computer. Many years ago a friend of mine developed a graphical word processor for an NEC APC III which was years ahead of its time and I developed a fairly straightforward graphical music font which as far as I know was one of the first, if not the first, music notator. But of course things have moved on apace since then and now we have very sophisticated programmes such as Finale and Sibelius to do the job for us.

When I was teaching Bach's Well Tempered Clavier, it occurred to ne that it would make it easier for my students (and me!) to see the flow of each voice if each was in a different colour. I posted a few of these on the old PP. This thread will hopefully continue that, but also I've placed it here since I'm including virtual harpsichord performances as well. Each voice is placed stereophonically from left to right so it is much easier to hear the individual voices.

Naturally, I'm starting with Bk1No1.
Bach - WTC Bk1 #01b_fugue.pdf
bach - wtc bk1 no1 prelude.mp3
bach - wtc bk1 no1 fugue.mp3
Regards
Fred
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.