Nursery Rhymes

Anything musical that will not fit into the above fora
Arjuna
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Pianoforte
Music Scores: No

Nursery Rhymes

Post by Arjuna »

I need the music (just melody w/ chords) of some nursery rhymes for a potential television opportunity.
Does anybody know a good source for nursery rhyme melodies? These are the ones I need (some of them I've never heard of);

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
Baa Baa Black Sheep
Humpty Dumpty
Jack and Jill
London Bridge is falling down
Ring-a-ring a Roses
Rockaby Baby
Three Blind Mice
Mary Mary Quite Contrary
Itsy Bitsy Spider
Little Miss Muffet
Row Row Row your boat
Jack be Nimble
Hush Little Baby
Pop Goes the Weasel
The Ants Go Marching
The Wheels on the Bus
If your Happy and you know it
Hickory Dickory Dock
The Farmers in the Dell
Gorgie Porgie
Hot Cross Buns
It’s Raining it’s pouring
Rain Rain go away
Ten in the Bed
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Nursery Rhymes

Post by fredbucket »

Arjuna wrote:I need the music (just melody w/ chords) of some nursery rhymes for a potential television opportunity.
Does anybody know a good source for nursery rhyme melodies? These are the ones I need (some of them I've never heard of)
Hmmm...does the term 'sheltered childhood' ring a bell? :) I take it that the TV opportunity is for the next season of Australia's Got Talent?

Regards
Fred

(PS try a google search on nursery rhymes music and see what pops up...)
Arjuna
Pianophiliac

Post by Arjuna »

:o Dear God I hope not! :o if it is Australia's Got Talent I think I'll have to politely decline. Just the thought of being in the same room as Kyle Sandilands and Dannii Minogue makes me want to puke.
Actually, I'm not sure what the show is, I wasn't given much information other than I will be accompanying a children's performance, and that I would need to be able to play any of those nursery rhymes listed above, and possibly some "mood" music.
Some of the nursery rhymes I know well enough from my childhood but most I only half remember and others I didn't even know had a melody - like Jack Be Nimble and Little Miss Muffet.
I did a goolge search but apart from the ones I already know quite well I could only find the lyrics, which is not much help - a bit, but not much.

Also, surely it's the sheltered child who knows their nursery rhymes well. I, on the other hand, was brought up on the music of Bob Dylan, Leonard Cohen, and Niel Young. Not being too familiar with nursery rhymes is surely testament to the fact that my childhood was anything but sheltered. Or were you suggesting that only a sheltered child would want to play nursery rhymes on T.V.? If so, I'm with you on that one, but when I was asked if I was interested in doing this, the only thing that made me consider it was the chance to play some of my own music for the segments requiring mood music.
Arjuna
Pianophiliac

Post by Arjuna »

Never mind. The show turned out to be "Celebrity Apprentice", which isn't something I really want to be involved in. If anyone else in Sydney wants to give it a go I can give you some contact details. You'll need to audition of course and you'll need your own portable piano/keyboard, plus it's for charity so the fee for the two days is only $200. Otherwise one of the moderators can delete this thread.
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.
Music Scores: Yes

Post by fredbucket »

OMG...I didn't think there was anything worse than AG(No)T but on that basis I suspect my childhood may have been sheltered...but then again it's too long ago for me to remember.

Regards
Fred

PS I think this thread is an example of the commercial reality of music shattering the artistic dreams of talented musicians and should be kept, at least for a while, as an example to us alll :)