Scriabinoff
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Austin Chamber Music Center (ACMS) Upcoming Concert

Post by Scriabinoff »

November 2 and 3, 2012
Austin, TX.

This lady is super cool. I a big fan. Dr. Schumann's playing and musicality is outstanding. She also has a fantastic reputation for very creative programing and exposing audiences to works they may not expect or have ever thought to experience. I have had the privilege of playing for her in a few masterclasses and may do so again in about a month so I just want to support her however I can. Here she discusses an upcoming concert with some seldom heard pieces celebrating piano trios. If you are in driving distance to Austin, TX, FYI:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tTlxTSX ... re=g-all-u
Artistic Director, Michelle Schumann, chats about ACMC's upcoming concert, "Three's Company, featuring trios by Carl Reinecke, Aram Khatchaturian, and Johannes Brahms.
http://austinchambermusic.org/2011-12-season/in-season/
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.

Re: Austin Chamber Music Center (ACMS) Upcoming Concert

Post by fredbucket »

I tried Google Maps to work out the best way to go from my current location. It suggested that I should drive to Darwin, sail to Japan, drive 91km between two Japanese islands, then sail to Hawaii, drive around for a bit, and then sail to Washington and hence through to Austin.

This is a total of 24,875.5 km and would take 21 days and 3 hours.

I'm afraid I can't get to the concert on time.

My apologies, but in future could you please give me at least 21 days and 3 hours notice.

Regards
Fred
Scriabinoff
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Re: Austin Chamber Music Center (ACMS) Upcoming Concert

Post by Scriabinoff »

oh man sorry about that! will do!! :lol: