Cantatas and Oratorios

The human voice with or without any instrument(s)
fahl5
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: No

First Recording of three Cantatas by G.A.Benda

Post by fahl5 »

I recently finished first recordings/digital Audiorealisations of three Cantatas by G.A.Benda.

L530, L544, (non-L546)

For two of them there are already Manuscripts-Digitalisations online available at the StaBi-Berlin, which are linked on my site with the recordings.
Since I got the Manuscripts from the gotha-Library from someone else who just took photographs of the original manuscripts I cannot put them online here without his allowance.
Still I hope you like to hear the wonderful music of those presumably for the first time recorded Cantatas even if it is just me playing around a bit with my PC.
best
Steffen
Listen music never heard before at klassik-resampled.de
relative
Pianophiliac
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Cantatas and Oratorios

Post by relative »

Wonderful music. Thank You fahl5!
caostotale
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: guitar, bass guitar

Post by caostotale »

Along with Milhaud and Tansman, modern composer Robert Starer (1924-2001) was a very prolific creator of works inspired by Hebrew folklore. Here is an early cantata that has been out of print for a good while.

Robert STARER
Kohelet ('Ecclesiastes'), cantata for baritone, soprano, mixed chorus, and orch. (1952) (vocal score)
Starer - Kohelet ('Ecclesiastes'), cantata for baritone, soprano, mixed chorus, and orch. (1952) (vocal score).pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
relative
Pianophiliac

Post by relative »

Many thanks, Caos.