Dora Bright

The human voice with or without any instrument(s)
debarchives
Participant
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Dora Bright

Post by debarchives »

Hi All

I noted a couple of posts about Dora Bright and two of her pieces of work to download. I have recently added a further song on this site. Over the last few months I have been cataloguing her works, as there is no one good overview of either her work or her life. Many small sites have a little on her but many are just poor reproductions of wikipedia. She was quite an important English woman composer and together with Adeline Genee was responsible for the considerable resurgence in interest in ballet in England in the early 20th century.

Happy to say I have now completed the 'full' catalogue, which is considerably bigger than expected from the previous attempts. This is now published together with a short biography on https://musicalics.com/en/composer/Dora-Estella-Bright

I am in the process of writing a book about her life and works and if there is anyone out there with more of her music, or even any knowledge of her life and works I would be most interested to hear from you. Much of her work was destroyed after her death, but there may well be bits and pieces in piles of music inherited from parents and grandparents. It would be good to create as big an an archive as possible, so any help greatly appreciated.

Many thanks