The Russian / Soviet Piano Concerto

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
caostotale
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: guitar, bass guitar
Music Scores: Yes

Re: The Russian / Soviet Piano Concerto

Post by caostotale »

The catalog of Eiges' works indicates that this concerto was written in 1935 and revised in 1952. This two-piano version by the composer saw release in the 1970s, so I'm assuming that it's the latter version. This piece can be heard at:

http://classical-music-online.net/en/production/22741

Oleg Konstantinovich EIGES
Piano Concerto, op. 19 (1935, 1952) (2-piano arr. by the composer)
Eiges, O. - Piano Concerto, op. 19 (1935, 1952) (piano red.).pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
alfor
Pianodeity
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by alfor »

Thank you very much for your recent contributions!!!
Большое спасибо!
Best regards, Alfor S. Cans

Music is a higher revelation than wisdom and philosophy (Beethoven)

http://www.mediafire.com/alfor
fleubis
Pianomasochist
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by fleubis »

I'll second that thanks to caostotale for posting this excellent Eiges concerto.

Someone straighten me out (again!). We have two composers named Eiges, I presume...as I also have Two Poems also by Eiges as Op.19 or do we have miss-numbered opuses.
caostotale
Pianomaniac

Post by caostotale »

fleubis wrote:I'll second that thanks to caostotale for posting this excellent Eiges concerto.

Someone straighten me out (again!). We have two composers named Eiges, I presume...as I also have Two Poems also by Eiges as Op.19 or do we have miss-numbered opuses.
Oleg Eiges is the son of early-20th-century composer Konstantin Eiges (1875-1950). The two poems numbered op. 19 are works by Konstantin (see http://imslp.org/wiki/2_Po%C3%A8mes,_Op ... stantin%29 for details)

For more reference, Oleg Eiges' works list can be downloaded in the following older post:

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=562&p=9597&hilit=eiges+works#p9597

When posting pieces by Oleg Eiges (I've never contributed a work by Konstantin), I've always included the first initial 'O' after his surname.
fleubis
Pianomasochist

Post by fleubis »

Thank you, caostotale. Now I see my problem: I have stored all Eiges works without the first initial. Got some sorting to do now as that work list in Russian isn't doing me much good.
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

fleubis wrote:Thank you, caostotale. Now I see my problem: I have stored all Eiges works without the first initial. Got some sorting to do now as that work list in Russian isn't doing me much good.
An opportune time to remind members that there is my Encyclopaedia of Russian & Soviet Piano Music in our 'Music Information & Literature' thread. I have just updated this with my latest version - December 2015 - and, which includes hundreds of more biographies, new composers and amended information.

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=49&p=106#p106

Fleubis - likely a useful source in cataloguing the Konstantin & Oleg Eiges works (although an easy guide is most of the Konstantin has been posted by me and the two sonatas by Isokani - whereas Oleg works have been posted in the main by Caostotale, Alfor and myself). Always useful to also include the initials of a composer when indexing, as there have been a number of musical composer families - Conus, Kapp, Krein, Tcherepnin etc. - let alone names like Tchaikovsky with Peter, Boris and Andre.....and their music is all very different :D

Malcolm
fhimpsl
Pianomasochist

Post by fhimpsl »

Thank you for updating this monumental reference study, my dear friend! I have referred to your work countless times over the past several years, and continue to do so regularly. Virtually all the information regarding these great composers has been unavailable to mainstream collectors in the past, most particularly the Soviet era material. Personally I share your feeling that the Russian/Soviet piano literature is rich beyond comparison and stands as a pinnacle within the art. Your research and unparalleled leadership of the Pianophilia forum has led to a much greater worldwide knowledge and appreciation for this wonderful music. We all benefit from the multitudes of scores and recordings that trace their inception to your supreme generosity.

Sincerely,

Frank
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

Balanchivadze - Piano Concerto No. 3 (whoops realise its full score but may be of interest, and believe recording available on Youtube).

Malcolm
Balanchivadze A - Piano Concerto No. 3 (fs).pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
caostotale
Pianomaniac

Post by caostotale »

mballan wrote:Balanchivadze - Piano Concerto No. 3 (whoops realise its full score but may be of interest, and believe recording available on Youtube).

Malcolm
Balanchivadze A - Piano Concerto No. 3 (fs).pdf
Thanks for this, Malcolm. It's one of those full-score/2-piano-score-at-the-same-time deals :D
caostotale
Pianomaniac

Post by caostotale »

A works list for Sorokin can be found at:

https://translate.googleusercontent.com ... uUxkYy8XsA

That page indicates that this is his second concerto (the first being from a year earlier), but I'm going to stick with the title indicated in the score, which leaves the numbering aside...possibly because it's a pedagogical work instead of a full-sized concert work.

Konstantin Stepanovich SOROKIN
Youth Concerto, for piano and orchestra, op. 50 (2-piano red. by the composer) (1970)
Sorokin - Youth Concerto, for piano and orchestra, op. 50 (2-piano red.) (1970).pdf
(nms)