The Russian / Soviet Piano Concerto

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
alegitor
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: The Russian / Soviet Piano Concerto

Post by alegitor »

Scriabinoff wrote:thought i'd pass along, I remember getting wind of this late last year (as a "coming sometime in 2012" type deal), Yamaha Music Media Corp Japan has relased two piano reductions to two Kapustin Piano Concertos!
No 2 Op 14

released-(2012/3/11)
ISBN-10: 4636884981
ISBN-13: 978-4636884982

and No 4 Op 56
released - (2012/1/20)
ISBN-10: 4636883306
ISBN-13: 978-4636883305

These were already available through the London based publishers of Kapustin - MusT, their website is http://music-trading.co.uk

Regards
Scriabinoff
Pianomaniac

Post by Scriabinoff »

alegitor wrote:
Scriabinoff wrote:thought i'd pass along, I remember getting wind of this late last year (as a "coming sometime in 2012" type deal), Yamaha Music Media Corp Japan has relased two piano reductions to two Kapustin Piano Concertos!
No 2 Op 14

released-(2012/3/11)
ISBN-10: 4636884981
ISBN-13: 978-4636884982

and No 4 Op 56
released - (2012/1/20)
ISBN-10: 4636883306
ISBN-13: 978-4636883305

These were already available through the London based publishers of Kapustin - MusT, their website is http://music-trading.co.uk

Regards
sweet! good to know thanks for the clarification. ordering from the UK kids might be easier for some ( i have a dealer in japan that helps me out but yeah the japanese sites can be a nightmare to navigate without help)
feinberg

Post by feinberg »

It is impossible to get score of S.feinberg's Piano Concerto, No.3?

Please Give Imformation about this piece!

Thanks
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

I scanned this score this weekend for a colleague in Germany - so also duly shared here.

The full score of Lyapunov's Piano Concerto No. 1 Op 4 [the 2 piano version available on IMSLP].

Malcolm
Lyapunov - Op 4 Piano Concerto No. 1 (fs).pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
alfor
Pianodeity
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by alfor »

Thank you!

RSL:
Alternative version (much better quality than imslp) of
L.'s second Piano Concerto op. 38 (2-piano reduction):
Lyapunov PC #2 op.38 2 pianos.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best regards, Alfor S. Cans

Music is a higher revelation than wisdom and philosophy (Beethoven)

http://www.mediafire.com/alfor
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

Although IMSLP have a copy of the full score of this piece - here is the two piano score.

Malcolm

Aleksandr Gedike [Goedicke] (1877-1957) - Op 11 Konsertstücke [arranged Two Pianos]
Gedike A - Op 11 Concertstucke (2P).pdf
ilu
Pianomaniac

Post by ilu »

Mamedov, Nariman Gabib Ogly (1927-???): Piano concerto ( 1st. or 2nd?)

Thanks to Caostotale for giving me the correct name.

ILU.
Last edited by ilu on Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quo melius Illac
caostotale
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: guitar, bass guitar

Post by caostotale »

Thank you for this concerto, ILU. Indeed, there are a couple of Mamedovs who composed in the Soviet regions. Nariman was Azerbaijani. Yunis (alternately written as Junis or I'unis) lived and worked in the central Asian countries. I translated a bit of biography off of the back of a Melodiya LP of the latter's work:

Yunis Mamadov was born in 1944 in Ashgabat. After completing music school in Ashgabat with a specialty in "choral conducting," he enrolled in 1966 at the Tashkent Conservatory, where he studied composition under Boris Fyodorovich Gienko. Over the years at conservatory, he completed a symphony for strings and percussion (no. 1), Symphony no. 2 "Memory of his Father" and several other works.

The composer's independent creative activity began in 1971 in Dushanbe, where he composed his Symphony no. 3 for large orchestra, three string quartets, a dramatic triptych after a Garcia Lorca poem, a song cycle about the Hero of the Soviet Union Erdzhigitova, a piano sonata, a piano sonatina, and a number of other works for folk instruments.

Y. Mamedov gravitates towards broad musical developments, scale, and the philosophical significance of images. The composer's style combines elements of intonation, structural principles of a number of traditional Asian cultures - Tajik, Turkmen, Azeri, richly intricate intonation curves of improvised melodies, masterful technique of motivic varirovani
(ed. this paragraph was tricky to translate, but you get the idea).
thalbergmad
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano, banjo

Post by thalbergmad »

ilu wrote:Mamedov, Nariman Gabib Ogly (1927-???): Piano concerto ( 1st. or 2nd?)

ILU.
Unless I am much mistaken (in which case I apologise), this was a privately shared file that should not have been posted here.

Thal
ilu
Pianomaniac

Post by ilu »

thalbergmad wrote:
ilu wrote:Mamedov, Nariman Gabib Ogly (1927-???): Piano concerto ( 1st. or 2nd?)

ILU.
Unless I am much mistaken (in which case I apologise), this was a privately shared file that should not have been posted here.

Thal
Thal:
In order to respect your impression, I have deleted the score,

As a comment, I kept it in my old archives in other computer, and due to the time elapsed I do not remember where I got it or who gave it to me.

ILU.
Quo melius Illac