Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
naturlaut
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Bach - Hyphenated

Post by naturlaut »

bingo wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 11:53 am
naturlaut wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 7:22 pm Bach-Merzhanov Organ Chorale Preludes

My Bach repertoire is a little rusty. Does anyone know the BWV numerals for these two sets of Preludes?Bach-Merzhanov Organ Chorale Preludes.pdf
Because I'm lazy, I googled the edition
http://expiano.org/piano/bach/news/tran ... dex_3.html says

* Chorale prelude "Beloved Jesus, we are here" BWV 731
* Chorale "Just leave it to God's providence" and three preludes BWV 690 & 691 & 642

Also: Victor Merzhanov (1919-2012) is a Russian pianist and music teacher. For a long time he reigned as a major figure in the Moscow Conservatory. He was a student of Feinberg
Thanks for the Japanese reference site! I'll know where to turn to next time. I thought I would scan this as I didn't see it posted here before.
bingo
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by bingo »

naturlaut wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:28 pm
Thanks for the Japanese reference site! I'll know where to turn to next time. I thought I would scan this as I didn't see it posted here before.
I literally just googled "Bach-Merzhanov Organ Chorale Preludes"! and it popped up as one of the first links. Usually I refer to the venerable Bach-Cantatas.com site, which has a lot of information on Merzhanov: https://www.bach-cantatas.com/Bio/Merzhanov-Victor.htm

The site's transcription index has his contributions here:https://www.bach-cantatas.com/NVD/PT-Merschanow.htm
naturlaut

Post by naturlaut »

bingo wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 11:48 pm
naturlaut wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:28 pm
I literally just googled "Bach-Merzhanov Organ Chorale Preludes"! and it popped up as one of the first links. Usually I refer to the venerable Bach-Cantatas.com site, which has a lot of information on Merzhanov: https://www.bach-cantatas.com/Bio/Merzhanov-Victor.htm

The site's transcription index has his contributions here:https://www.bach-cantatas.com/NVD/PT-Merschanow.htm
I use Bach-cantatas on a regular basis. Didn't know they were spelling Merzhanov's name differently.
We must be in a different Google region as mine Google search turned up with nothing substantial. And as he himself has played Feinberg's transcriptions, most of the results only turned out to be his performances rather than his writings.
In any case, great thanks again for the reference site - that's what this page is great for! I even contacted the Japanese pianist and he has written a bunch of transcriptions too.
bingo
Site Admin

Post by bingo »

naturlaut wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 6:56 am
I use Bach-cantatas on a regular basis. Didn't know they were spelling Merzhanov's name differently.
They appear to have translated his name in two different spellings and not linked the bio entry to his transcription entry. I''ve emailed the site admin to rectify.
naturlaut

Post by naturlaut »

bingo wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:59 pm
naturlaut wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 6:56 am
They appear to have translated his name in two different spellings and not linked the bio entry to his transcription entry. I''ve emailed the site admin to rectify.
Doubtful if they will ever update.
They have the Bach-Vedernikov Brandenberg Concertos wrong as well - I have emailed them ten years ago and still haven't seen the info updated.
lebowl
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano Mason BB

Post by lebowl »

I think this is probably still under copyright but just in case it isn't does anyone have

Stölzel: Bist du bei mir (Formerly Attrib. J.S. Bach as BWV 508) Arr. Saradjian as played by Lang Lang in this video:

Or does anyone know where it can be purchased? I spent about a half hour searching but was not able to find an available score.

Thanks.
bingo
Site Admin

Post by bingo »

lebowl wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 12:48 am I think this is probably still under copyright but just in case it isn't does anyone have

Stölzel: Bist du bei mir (Formerly Attrib. J.S. Bach as BWV 508) Arr. Saradjian as played by Lang Lang i

Or does anyone know where it can be purchased? I spent about a half hour searching but was not able to find an available score.

Thanks.
Try Anna Saradjian's facebook page?
www.facebook.com/people/Anna-Saradjian- ... 085727017/

Lang Lang has also recorded her arrangement of the Sinfonia from the Christmas Oratorio BWV248

The artist herself here:
lebowl
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano Mason BB

Post by lebowl »

I contacted her on Saradijan on her facebook page and this was her reply for others who also might be interested in any of her transcriptions:
Thank you for your interest!
They are awaiting to be published in the near future. I will notify on my page as they do.
Best regards
shalvats

Post by shalvats »

Dear friends, I am looking for Rosalyn Tureck's edition of Italian Concerto !

here example of Andante with her embellishments

thanks in advance, if this score is still under copyright, please do not attach any links here :P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bingo
Site Admin

Post by bingo »

shalvats wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:47 pm Dear friends, I am looking for Rosalyn Tureck's edition of Italian Concerto !

here example of Andante with her embellishments

thanks in advance, if this score is still under copyright, please do not attach any links here :P
Published by Schirmer and easily found in many stores by googling "Tureck Schirmer" (or "Tureck Italian sheet music")