Women Composers

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
Morodiene
Participant
Instruments played, if any: piano, voice
Music Scores: No

Re: Women Composers

Post by Morodiene »

Jim Faston wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:37 pm Any sources for the 1885 Piano Sonata Op.14 by Laura Valborg Aulin? Fantastic piece. I can't find any references to a published edition. Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pijL7Y8yMKU
I, too, am looking for this wonderful piece of music! I have emailed both the pianist who recorded the video and the Swedish Musical Heritage site, and still awaiting replies. Have you had any luck?
musiclife217
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: piano
Music Scores: Yes

Post by musiclife217 »

Morodiene wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:03 pm
Jim Faston wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:37 pm Any sources for the 1885 Piano Sonata Op.14 by Laura Valborg Aulin? Fantastic piece. I can't find any references to a published edition. Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pijL7Y8yMKU
I, too, am looking for this wonderful piece of music! I have emailed both the pianist who recorded the video and the Swedish Musical Heritage site, and still awaiting replies. Have you had any luck?
This is an exceptional work! I hope that they scan and post it !
Morodiene
Participant

Post by Morodiene »

Seeing as how I still haven't gotten any responses from the performer or from the Swedish Musical Heritage people, I decided to try transcribing it from the recording. Not ideal, but better than nothing!

Does anyone know the rules regarding that? It was written in 1885, so well outside of copyright laws, correct? So could I make that available to the public for free?
mballan
Site Owner
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by mballan »

Morodiene wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:42 am Seeing as how I still haven't gotten any responses from the performer or from the Swedish Musical Heritage people, I decided to try transcribing it from the recording. Not ideal, but better than nothing!

Does anyone know the rules regarding that? It was written in 1885, so well outside of copyright laws, correct? So could I make that available to the public for free?
Morodiene

She died in 1928, so copyright would be well gone by now (70 years after death of composer in EU) - so you could make it open and free to the public.

Malcolm
Morodiene
Participant

Post by Morodiene »

Great news! I will definitely share it here when it's complete, and of course if there are corrections needed to be made I can easily take care of them. It's always tricky to transcribe from a recording since you rely upon the accuracy of the performer. This particular performer is excellent but there are some spots where I'm not sure what to do so I'll add placeholder stuff for now and hope that someone with fresh/better ears can help out. :)
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.

Post by fredbucket »

Morodiene wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:51 pmI will definitely share it here when it's complete, and of course if there are corrections needed to be made I can easily take care of them.
I also contacted the the Swedish Musical Heritage people, and they were kind enough to send me a link to a digitised copy of the sonata in question. It's in manuscript, and I don't think it has ever been published other than this. A notated version would be welcome.

My thanks to the Swedish Musical Heritage staff - most helpful.
aulin, valborg - op.14 piano sonata (manuscript).pdf
Have fun.

Regards
Fred
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

Excellent find FB........thank you for your endeavours, as great to finally see this score.

Malcolm
Morodiene
Participant

Post by Morodiene »

fredbucket wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:22 pm
Morodiene wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:51 pmI will definitely share it here when it's complete, and of course if there are corrections needed to be made I can easily take care of them.
I also contacted the the Swedish Musical Heritage people, and they were kind enough to send me a link to a digitised copy of the sonata in question. It's in manuscript, and I don't think it has ever been published other than this. A notated version would be welcome.

My thanks to the Swedish Musical Heritage staff - most helpful.
aulin, valborg - op.14 piano sonata (manuscript).pdf

Have fun.

Regards
Fred
Oh wow! Well, I have the 4th movement already transcribed, but I was having trouble figuring out some of the notes. This is great! Thank you! I'll definitely put it in Finale and share it here when I'm done.
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

Looking forward to seeing typeset version of the Aulin Sonata, Morodiene.

Something a little different from me, and following hearing the recent recording of the piano concerto no. 1 by Dora Bright (1862-1951), a couple of works I had in my library.

The Jungle Book songs are in the Vocal thread.

Malcolm

Bright D - Four Dances from the ballet 'La Camargo' (Elkin 1912 mhb).pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
musiclife217
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by musiclife217 »

Incredible !