Frédéric Chopin

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
Timtin
Pianodeity
Instruments played, if any: Piano40
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Frédéric Chopin

Post by Timtin »

Although this is a song, in reality it can be played as a piano solo.

I bought it just before lock-down from a charity shop, which has
been closed ever since. :-(

Mario Melfi was Argentinian, and his arrangement of one of Chopin's
famous Etudes would probably have the Pole turning in his grave!
Chopin-Melfi So Deep is the Night.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ctejada
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by ctejada »

Thank you Timtin for this introduction. As they say "there's no such thing as bad publicity".

Lest we not have Gigli's glorious singing of it. https://youtu.be/i0m8cGk5bOc
ivesman19
Participant
Music Scores: No

Post by ivesman19 »

Hello all,

I'm trying to locate the 4th Scherzo Op.54, specifically in the Kreutzer edition (Verlag Ullstein).

I noticed a commenter (alfor, I think) back in 2013, refer to it as not yet available, however, I think that is a reference to not possessing a pdf, and not about the copyright status. Any help or clarification would be great. I am willing to purchase it, if copyright is indeed the issue, however, I can't even seem to get my hands on it via that means.
soh choon wee
Pianophiliac

Post by soh choon wee »

ivesman19 wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:50 pm Hello all,

I'm trying to locate the 4th Scherzo Op.54, specifically in the Kreutzer edition (Verlag Ullstein).

I noticed a commenter (alfor, I think) back in 2013, refer to it as not yet available, however, I think that is a reference to not possessing a pdf, and not about the copyright status. Any help or clarification would be great. I am willing to purchase it, if copyright is indeed the issue, however, I can't even seem to get my hands on it via that means.
Writing from memory..... my scores is at another country, and i cannot go back due to COVID-19

I remember seeing the Kreutzer edition (but printed by Japan publiser) having this schezo Op 54. But i need to check again.
soh choon wee
Pianophiliac

Post by soh choon wee »

Hi, all

I confirmed that 4th Scherzo Op.54, Kreutzer edition of Chopin is available.

I checked, the japanese edition Chopin-Kreutzer 4 scherzi is published by Japanese publisher - Ongaku no Tomo Edition
Indeed, they have at least 7 volumes (which i have), i am not sure if they have the complete Chopin works.
https://www.ongakunotomo.co.jp/

No1 - pg 3
No2 - pg 19
No3 - Pg 39
No4 - Pg 54

Date of publication 昭和51年 (= 1976) Feb 10.

Surprisingly, the publisher even has a Youtube Channel.

https://www.youtube.com/c/%E9%9F%B3%E6% ... _polymer=1
ivesman19
Participant

Post by ivesman19 »

soh choon wee wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:22 pm

Hi, all

I confirmed that 4th Scherzo Op.54, Kreutzer edition of Chopin is available.

I checked, the japanese edition Chopin-Kreutzer 4 scherzi is published by Japanese publisher - Ongaku no Tomo Edition
Indeed, they have at least 7 volumes (which i have), i am not sure if they have the complete Chopin works.
https://www.ongakunotomo.co.jp/

No1 - pg 3
No2 - pg 19
No3 - Pg 39
No4 - Pg 54

Date of publication 昭和51年 (= 1976) Feb 10.

Surprisingly, the publisher even has a Youtube Channel.

https://www.youtube.com/c/%E9%9F%B3%E6% ... _polymer=1
As a non-Japanese speaker, I confess that I couldn't really navigate that website, though I do appreciate your efforts in pointing me in the right direction. To be honest, I couldn't even find the Kreutzer edition on the site, even with the help of a translation tool.

I do know that the Kreutzer edition of Scherzo's 1, 2, and 3 are freely available on pianophilia (along with many other of his editions of Chopin), so my assumption is that Scherzo no.4 must also be freely available, but simply not in the possession of those who posted the other works. If I was more computer-literate, I could probably locate the sheet music myself, but alas, I am hopelessly backward. Again, thank you for your efforts to point me in the right direction.
lebowl
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano Mason BB

Post by lebowl »

I recently read in latest issue of International Piano magazine about someone(can't remember who, sorry) who composed an extension to or alternative ending for Chopin's Scherzo No.2. I found this strange since the piece certainly seems to end very decisively. Does anyone have the score?
genosen
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by genosen »

Hello all,

Does anybody have the Henle edition of Chopin's waltzes? Can't seem to find a PDF for this online anywhere. The version on https://www.henle.de/us/detail/?Title=Waltzes_230 has some pages blocked out due to compyright.

Help would be appreciated!
bingo
Site Admin

Post by bingo »

genosen wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:16 am Does anybody have the Henle edition of Chopin's waltzes? Can't seem to find a PDF for this online anywhere. The version on https://www.henle.de/us/detail/?Title=Waltzes_230 has some pages blocked out due to compyright.
I think the answer is in the word "copyright", which does not extend to just the work but the editorial and engraving work. This edition will3 not pass out of copyright for at least another 50 years.
genosen
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by genosen »

bingo wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:22 am
genosen wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:16 am Does anybody have the Henle edition of Chopin's waltzes? Can't seem to find a PDF for this online anywhere. The version on https://www.henle.de/us/detail/?Title=Waltzes_230 has some pages blocked out due to compyright.
I think the answer is in the word "copyright", which does not extend to just the work but the editorial and engraving work. This edition will3 not pass out of copyright for at least another 50 years.
I see, are there any other urtext editions for these waltzes that may be out of copyright? I noticed some of the Henle edition scores were posted on here for other Chopin works so I wasn’t sure I could make the same request for these.