Mongolian Composers

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
PGOAA
Participant
Music Scores: No

Mongolian Composers

Post by PGOAA »

Hello! Nice to meet you! May I ask where can find the piano score of 24 preludes by Sembiin Gonchigsumlaa and the variation on a theme of Mongolian folk song and the first piano concerto by Zunduin Khangal and the piano score of Мандухай сэсэн хатан by Natsagiyi Zhantsannorov (Jantsannorov) (ЖАНЦАННОРОВ Нацагий )please. I tried to find it but no results. Could you please help me find them, if you have time. If you cannot, could you please ask other Mongolian Pianists, Composers, Musicians and so on for the scores, or could you please recommend me the contact method of them, so that I can ask the piano scores from them by myself. Thank you very much!

I would like to have the piano score of solo version and the piano with orchestra version of this(Мандухай сэцэн хатан) piece please.
Last edited by PGOAA on Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
mballan
Site Owner
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Mongolian Composers

Post by mballan »

PGOAA wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:41 am Hello! Nice to meet you! I would like to ask do you have the piano score of Sembiin Gonchigsumlaa and Zunduin Khangal please? If you don’t have, could you please tell me where can I find them please? And could you do interlibrary loan please? Because I am not in Russia. Thank you very much!

Best Regards
Hello PGOAA

Welcome to Pianophilia.

This never going to be an easy task - as Mongolian music is extremely hard to find for any of its composers. I did come across this website - it might be useful to contact them to see if they can help (details at the bottom of the page). Also worth searching in Russian as well, as that might direct you to other sites (Сэмбийн Гончигсумлаа)

http://www.mongolinternet.com/famous/Se ... sumlaa.htm

I have only come across one piano work by the composer which is duly attached for you. Hopefully the above site maybe able to help further or direct you to a suitable contact on obtaining scores. Please let us know how you progress - his 24 preludes would be of great interest to me.

Malcolm

Gonchik-Sumla S - Mongolian Folk Melodies (af).pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PGOAA
Participant

Post by PGOAA »

mballan wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:10 pm
PGOAA wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:41 am Hello! Nice to meet you! I would like to ask do you have the piano score of Sembiin Gonchigsumlaa and Zunduin Khangal please? If you don’t have, could you please tell me where can I find them please? And could you do interlibrary loan please? Because I am not in Russia. Thank you very much!

Best Regards
Hello PGOAA

Welcome to Pianophilia.

This never going to be an easy task - as Mongolian music is extremely hard to find for any of its composers. I did come across this website - it might be useful to contact them to see if they can help (details at the bottom of the page). Also worth searching in Russian as well, as that might direct you to other sites (Сэмбийн Гончигсумлаа)

http://www.mongolinternet.com/famous/Se ... sumlaa.htm

I have only come across one piano work by the composer which is duly attached for you. Hopefully the above site maybe able to help further or direct you to a suitable contact on obtaining scores. Please let us know how you progress - his 24 preludes would be of great interest to me.

Malcolm

Gonchik-Sumla S - Mongolian Folk Melodies (af).pdf
Thank you very much!
ilu
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by ilu »

Wikipedia:

Sembiin Gonchigsumlaa (Mongolian: Сэмбийн Гончигсумлаа; 1915-1991[1]) was a Mongolian composer, generally considered[by whom?] to have been one of the greatest contributors to modern Mongolian national music and classical music. He is credited with being the first to write Mongolian ballet music.[2] He was also a Merited Artiste and Chairman of the Composers' Union.[
Quo melius Illac
PGOAA
Participant

Post by PGOAA »

I would like find the score of the first piano concerto by Zunduin Khangal, but I tried everything and only found his 2nd Concerto. Do you know where can find the first please? Thank you very much!
bingo
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by bingo »

PGOAA wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:57 pm I would like find the score of the first piano concerto by Zunduin Khangal, but I tried everything and only found his 2nd Concerto. Do you know where can find the first please? Thank you very much!
Zunduin Khangal Зундуйн Хангал 1948-1996 Ulaanbaatar
Concerto for Piano and Symphony Orchestra No. 1" /1973/ (dodecaphonic work)

There's a 2009 master's thesis in library of Mongolian University of Art and Culture on this work: http://www.catalog.mnuac.edu.mn/cgi-bin ... mber=12517

I think it is supervised by L. Zambaga, Chair of Music Department of Mongolian University of Art and Culture

Failing that, I found a 2018 Mongolian newspaper article that names his wife, a brother and his pianist grand-daughter who would appear to be useful contacts to seek out: http://www.ikhmongol.mn/show/4506 (via Google Translate)/