Music from Mexico

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
Jim Faston
Pianomasochist
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Music from Mexico

Post by Jim Faston »

Here's a B&W version of the Gavota in D-flat by Manuel Ponce. The last page is a little wonky. Original file from IMSLP converted for a fellow PPer.
Ponce_Gavota.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bingo
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by bingo »

oren segev wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:18 am
ilu wrote:Oren: Gracias.

Looking into the "backyard" of the library in the Conservatory of Mexico City, I found this Ricardo Castro "Canción sin Palabras". that I share gadly with all PP2 memebers.

IU
Thanks again
I converted it too to a pdf format
Oren

Castro Ricardo-Song without word.pdf
Re-set to be more readable
CASTRO Canción sin palabras.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bingo
Site Admin

Post by bingo »

Jim Faston wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 8:47 am Anyone with the Two Pieces, Op.26 of Ricardo Castro? Thanks.

1. Valse-arabesque

2. Berceuse
CASTRO Op.26-1 Vals Arabesque.pdf
naturlaut
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by naturlaut »

Rosita Bal, or Rosa García Ascot (Spanish), 1902-2002. This Preludio was published (only) in Mexico.
Rosita Bal - Preludio (1947).pdf
ilu
Pianomaniac

Post by ilu »

Hi Naturlaut,

Thanks for the score.

Rosa García Ascot (8 April 1902 in Madrid[1][2] – 2 May 2002 in Torrelaguna, Madrid) was a Spanish composer and pianist. She was the only woman in the famed Group of Eight, whose members also included Julián Bautista, Ernesto Halffter and his brother Rodolfo, Juan José Mantecón, Fernando Remacha, Salvador Bacarisse and Jesús Bal y Gay. She married Bal y Gay in 1933. Her more notable compositions include Suite para orquesta (Suite for orchestra), Preludio (Prelude), and the Concierto para piano y orquesta (Concerto for piano and orchestra).[3
Wikipedia.
Quo melius Illac
Manuelc23
Participant

Post by Manuelc23 »

HI!!! I have been looking for the music sheet Dias de mar y rio from Arturo Marquez, I have found sites that sells you the physical book but i need a digital version (i'm from Mexico so the shipping it's kind of a trouble) does anyone have the pdf or a site where can I buy the digital sheet?
Thanks.
bingo
Site Admin

Post by bingo »

Manuelc23 wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:26 am HI!!! I have been looking for the music sheet Dias de mar y rio from Arturo Marquez, I have found sites that sells you the physical book but i need a digital version (i'm from Mexico so the shipping it's kind of a trouble) does anyone have the pdf or a site where can I buy the digital sheet?
Thanks.
In my experience, very recent works like this are rarely available digitally unless you're dealing with the composer directly. There seems to be a number of US sellers with cheap postage, otherwise you could consult the publisher, Peer Music for a Mexican distributor.
https://www.peermusicclassical.com/clas ... 9503/3358)

ISBN: 9781540054234
Muscur
Participant
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Clavichord, Organ, Orphika, Armonica, Grand Harmonicon, Seraphim, Cristal d' Baschet, Verrophone, Zellophone, Theremin, Ondes Martenot, Clavioline

Post by Muscur »

Does anybody have any information about the American composer Katherine Allen Lively and her 1920’s composition “Mexicana”?
Muscur
Participant
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Clavichord, Organ, Orphika, Armonica, Grand Harmonicon, Seraphim, Cristal d' Baschet, Verrophone, Zellophone, Theremin, Ondes Martenot, Clavioline

Post by Muscur »

Expanding on information about the American composer Katherine Allen Lively and her 1920’s composition “Mexicana” in from roof. Neely Bruce of Wesleyan U. Who is sending to me a scan of "Mexicana“: It was published in 1925 by Art Publication Society of St. Louis and London. The score contains the following biographical sketch: "Katherine Allan Lively, pianist, teacher, and composer, comes from American stock, her father having born in Virginia and her mother in New York. She inherited musical talent from both her parents. Mrs. Lively spent her early life in Texas (where she still resides), and but later went to Chicago, where she pursued her musical studies under such masters as Arne Oldberg, Allen Spencer, Silvio Scionti, William McCoy, Ernesto Consuelo and Ernest Kroeger. At this time she specialized in piano playing and the educational study of the art of teaching. About the period of the world war, she began to take up composition; since that time, she has been composing constantly. Her first number to become widely known is a characteristic piece, 'Within the Walls of China.' Arrangements of this exist for both orchestra and piano, and it is highly representative of her picturesque style of writing. Among her other compositions may be mentioned 'Oriental' (G. Schirmer), and the songs 'La Clavel,' and 'Texas.' Teaching has been her life work. To this she brings knowledge of her subject and an enthusiasm which has reacted notably on hundreds of pupils and young music teachers. Mrs. Lively has made many concert appearances in connection with eminent singers and violinists."
Abner Gutierrez
Instruments played, if any: Piano and Guitar

Post by Abner Gutierrez »

Greetings I'm new on this forum, since I've been digging up into Manuel M. Ponce's works I've been always researching through the internet for a digital pdf from his works however I'm looking for an specific one that I couldn't be able to find through internet, perhaps theres no digitized source from the set I'm looking for...
the set I am looking for is cuatro evocaciones by Manuel M. Ponce

I find it quite interesting due of the huge influence on Debussy's cakewalk on No.4, I will really appreciate if someone has the chance to provide a pdf scan from the set itself, that will also help me soooo much!!!