Recordings and Requests

Private recordings of unusual works to be shared with members
parag
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Recordings and Requests

Post by parag »

Thanks a lot for the recordings Alex... you must be quite the sight reader!
I would be interested in hearing some of the rare Soviet repertoire that Caostotale and Malcolm have been sharing... one composer I would love to hear is Michel Karpoff: http://imslp.org/wiki/Category:Karpoff,_Michel

especially the Nocturne.

Best regards,
Parag
Alex
Pianophiliac

Post by Alex »

Hi Parag, oh my gosh what a gorgeous Nocturne!!! I played it twice and then attempted a recording. It is really difficult and some spots I was struggling, but I hope you enjoy! I'll take a look at his other pieces as well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
parag
Site Admin

Post by parag »

Alex wrote:Hi Parag, oh my gosh what a gorgeous Nocturne!!! I played it twice and then attempted a recording. It is really difficult and some spots I was struggling, but I hope you enjoy! I'll take a look at his other pieces as well.
Superb!
Can't thank you enough Alex...

Best regards,
Parag
4candles
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Piano, organ, (drums)

Post by 4candles »

Alex wrote:Luckily, I'm enjoying my "weekend" from work so I've been quick to record! I definitely agree about the harmonic quirks, which actually reminded me somewhat of Reger in small moments, just in the feeling of eccentricity rather than a sharing of a certain stylistic trait. I am very glad to play your requests because I am completely unfamiliar with these composers. I went ahead and took a big job, tackling one of Golinelli's piano sonatas. This is the one that was shared by Oren and seems to be a later and alternate version of Piano Sonata No.3 Op.54. I played through each movement once and then these recordings are the second play through, recorded only once.

Golinelli pieces:
http://www.mediafire.com/?cag3dqwgn5cz1
Excellent stuff. Your sight reading powers are very admirable (I was always pretty terrible at it!).
Perhaps the later 19th-century works appeal to me more, as I wasn't bowled over by the Golinelli. (Your playing of it, of course, was very enjoyable to listen to. :D )
When you get some free moments, I'd love to hear anything reasonable by Méreaux (on PP) and any of the three pieces by Comettant, Chandelier and Lysberg which can be quickly reached here:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=156&p=21207&hilit=Comettant#p21207
I think the Chandelier is a winner!
Many thanks again!
4c
Alex
Pianophiliac

Post by Alex »

I recorded more Karpoff pieces, and also one of the pieces you recommended, 4candles. I'll have to take a look at Mereaux next. Unfortunately, the Chandelier is a bit above my skills and I cannot produce a recording that would make it work well enough. I'm glad you guys are enjoying the recordings.
There's a problem with my damper pedal being very noisy, so I apologize about that.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
4candles
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Piano, organ, (drums)

Post by 4candles »

Did you sight-read that Lysberg!!!??? :o If so, it's amazing!
Thanks for doing this - I appreciate it a lot. I wouldn't have the time to look at these myself, so it's really handy :D
4c
parag
Site Admin

Post by parag »

Alex wrote:I recorded more Karpoff pieces, and also one of the pieces you recommended, 4candles. I'll have to take a look at Mereaux next. Unfortunately, the Chandelier is a bit above my skills and I cannot produce a recording that would make it work well enough. I'm glad you guys are enjoying the recordings.
There's a problem with my damper pedal being very noisy, so I apologize about that.
What a skill... to be able to sight read so well!
Thanks a lot Alex...
Regards,
Parag
Alex
Pianophiliac

Post by Alex »

Yes, I sightread that piece and every piece I play, at all times! Because of this, my memory no longer works without incredible effort, and I don't learn any pieces. This is what I do mostly every day: play new and old music for personal pleasure. I thought it would be a great idea to play and record some pieces that I haven't yet explored, and it is very handy for others to get an idea of the music they are sharing on here! The Lysberg was mentally very exhausting to record... but I made it! The Karpoff pieces suffered a little bit after, because my mind was pretty tired out by that point. This is a lot of fun for me, and I'm so glad others can enjoy what is produced!
musiclife217
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by musiclife217 »

is anyone interested in playing some Theodor Dohler ?? I've been exploring his output and i can share some more scores... the nocturne and the tarantella that I have shared have been recorded, though the ballade and the posthumous piece have not - I'd like to share others too for your consideration as well as more music from the so-called "parisian" virtuosos ;) thank you for sharing your time and wonderful talent!
Alex
Pianophiliac

Post by Alex »

Hi Musiclife, I can definitely record those two pieces for you. I also see some works on IMSLP. Do you recommend any that are on there? Any other requests will be fine too! I enjoy playing this period of music very much. I also recently recorded Kullak's Lieder aus alter Zeit, Op.80 and will share that. Unfortunately the last piece didn't turn out very well so I didn't include that.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zny9jkk61wsq9