Urtext Scores

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
Dannen
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Urtext Scores

Post by Dannen »

Bill, thanks for posting these. You've indicated that none are your own scans, except perhaps the Bach WTC Book I. If that one is yours, could you (as pianojay requested) rescan pp. 111 and 121? I'm still hoping other people besides me will post original scans on this thread -- there are far too few Urtext scores available for download, even for purchase.
Dannen

Post by Dannen »

Two more contributions, hot off the scanner.

Schumann - Arabeske & Blumenstuck (Wiener Urtext)

http://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/hm1zgo

and

Schubert - Trio in E flat (Barenreiter Urtext)

http://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/8d0pl0

I have also posted the Schubert in the chamber music section.

So far, I have contributed all the original scans to this thread, about twenty in all. I point this out once again not as a complaint -- far from it. I have been the happy recipient of many another poster's scan in threads other than this. The generosity of Frank Himpsl, to name one Pianophiliac, cannot be overestimated. For that matter, the generosity of the publisher Barenreiter, which provides for free its trove of Mozart Urtext scores, http://dme.mozarteum.at/DME/nma/nmapub_srch.php, is cause for rejoicing.

I'm merely surprised that there aren't more original postings, because of my own bias: if I'm learning a piece, and an Urtext score is available, I will not bother with any other edition.
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.

Post by fredbucket »

Dannen wrote:I'm merely surprised that there aren't more original postings, because of my own bias: if I'm learning a piece, and an Urtext score is available, I will not bother with any other edition.
I suspect the answer may be as simple as availability - not too many people have such scores. I have very few myself. In addition, I think that houses such as Henle or Barenreiter tend to focus urtextism on major composers such as BBB, Chopin, Schubert etc and, given the quantity of other editions, urtext editions do not attract as much interest as perhaps they might.

Your contributions are appreciated by us all, and we look forward to further additions. I would be interested myself in Chopin Ballades, for example :)

Regards
Fred
Dannen

Post by Dannen »

At your request, Fred. These are not my scans, but rather computer-generated Urtext scores from Pianostreet.
Chopin - Ballade No. 1 (Urtext).pdf
Chopin - Ballade No. 2 (Urtext).pdf
Chopin - Ballade No. 3 (Urtext).pdf
Chopin - Ballade No. 4 (Urtext).pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
quercus
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by quercus »

Actually WTC 1 is also nms - forgot to mention that when I posted it.

However, I do own a traditional printed copy, so I was able to rescan pages 112, 113 & 123 as requested. The only downside is that you'll need to put up with my fingerings, etc from when I was studying them. For a while as a kid I had to memorize a new prelude and fugue for each lesson, and I got through all of Book 1that way. But that was back in high school when I had time to practice 6+ hours a day. I'm lucky to find 6 hours a week these days...
WTC 1 - henle - rescanned pages.pdf
- Bill
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dannen

Post by Dannen »

Thanks, Bill!
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.

Post by fredbucket »

Dannen wrote:At your request, Fred. These are not my scans, but rather computer-generated Urtext scores from Pianostreet.
Thank you, much appreciated. If you run across the Henle scores at any stage please oblige :)

Regards
Fred
diros

Post by diros »

Here is the Barcarolle "Mallorca" op.202 by Isaac Albeniz in Henle, my scan.
best regards , diros
Albeniz Mallorca op.202 (Henle).pdf
Dannen

Post by Dannen »

Thanks for scanning, Diros. Great post. Who doesn't love Henle editions?
diros

Post by diros »

And another Albéniz, the Chants d'Espagne op. 232 in Henle, my scan.
Albeniz Chants dEspagne op.232 (Henle).pdf
regards , diros