Russian & Soviet Composers - Part 3

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
PGOAA
Participant
Music Scores: No

Fedor Dubiansky

Post by PGOAA »

Hello! I would like to ask where can find these scores please? I tried everything but no result. Thank you very much!

mballan
Site Owner
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Russian & Soviet Composers - Part 3

Post by mballan »

Fedor Dubyansky - they start from page 4 in the attached section from the album 'Russian Composers of 17th & 18th Centuries' (only the first part- for some strange reason will not let me post the whole album) ?

Malcolm
Russian Composers of 17th & 18th Centuries - Pt 1.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.

Post by fredbucket »

mballan wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:15 am Fedor Dubyansky - they start from page 4 in the attached section from the album 'Russian Composers of 17th & 18th Centuries' (only the first part- for some strange reason will not let me post the whole album) ?
Don't know why - but then again you have had a birthday recently :-)

Regards
Fred
Russian Composers of 17th - 18th Centuries.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
formergophers
Participant

Post by formergophers »

Hi,

Does anyone have a copy of, or know where I might find Kabalevsky's Second Piano Concerto, the revised version?

There's a version in many corners of the Internet that is the original version of the piece, but I'm wondering is there specifically a copy of the revised version, particularly if it's arranged for two pianos?

His works are so hard to find, none can found outside of the sonatas, preludes and children's pieces...
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

formergophers wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:24 pm Hi,

Does anyone have a copy of, or know where I might find Kabalevsky's Second Piano Concerto, the revised version?

There's a version in many corners of the Internet that is the original version of the piece, but I'm wondering is there specifically a copy of the revised version, particularly if it's arranged for two pianos?

His works are so hard to find, none can found outside of the sonatas, preludes and children's pieces...
Formergophers - I have a lot of Kabalevsky, so feel free to contact me if you want to let me know what you may be after. Do you a date for the revised version of the PC 2 ?

malcolm.ballan@gmail.com

Malcolm
quercus
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by quercus »

A couple years ago there was some interest in Florian Noack's transcription of Shostakovich's Waltz #2.

I recently found a copy on pdfcoffee, but wasn't sure about posting a direct link due to copyright concerns. That site doesn't have a search box, but googling with "site:" works. Or worst case, send me a PM.
bingo
Site Admin

Post by bingo »

quercus wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:09 pm A couple years ago there was some interest in Florian Noack's transcription of Shostakovich's Waltz #2.
-video-

I recently found a copy on pdfcoffee, but wasn't sure about posting a direct link due to copyright concerns. That site doesn't have a search box, but googling with "site:" works. Or worst case, send me a PM.
Easily and cheaply available edition respecting copyright at
https://www.sheetmusicplus.com/en/produ ... 37898.html
W.Ch.

Post by W.Ch. »

Hello
Did anyone have Mikhail Korbas elegie В мире вечной печали op.27 ,elegie Элегия : Павшим героям союзных держав op.29 and romance 'Мухи как черные мысли' op.26 ?
bingo
Site Admin

Post by bingo »

W.Ch. wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:21 pm Hello
Did anyone have Mikhail Korbas elegie В мире вечной печали op.27 ,elegie Элегия : Павшим героям союзных держав op.29 and romance 'Мухи как черные мысли' op.26 ?
His Op.16 Elegy "Chopin's Last Chords" is easy to acquire (via https://starinnye-noty.ru/%D0%BF%D0%BE% ... %BD%D0%B0/ ) but other works may require checking a library in Belarus: http://unicat.nlb.by/opac/pls/!search.h ... 6768288%22

Malcolm may be able to assist further. Do you think this might be Mikhail G. Korbas? https://poisk.re/awards/1561089482
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

bingo wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:48 am
W.Ch. wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:21 pm Hello
His Op.16 Elegy "Chopin's Last Chords" is easy to acquire (via https://starinnye-noty.ru/%D0%BF%D0%BE% ... %BD%D0%B0/ ) but other works may require checking a library in Belarus: http://unicat.nlb.by/opac/pls/!search.h ... 6768288%22

Malcolm may be able to assist further. Do you think this might be Mikhail G. Korbas? https://poisk.re/awards/1561089482
Korbas is actually a very difficult composer to track down - I can not find find any biographical information in any of my book (Russian and English), and beyond a march and the Chopin last chord work, I have nothing else. Was a Belarus composer circa early 1900s, and I see bingo has given a couple of links. Seems a number of his works are held in the Belrus National Library but obtaining copies may be every difficult owing to the current situation with Russia (but can not help to enquire).

There are two Mikhail G Korbas - one from the army (the link), the other the composer. When searching in Russian best to use the word composer by the name being searched i.e. михаил корбас композитор.

Malcolm