Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
Aggelos
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Russian & Soviet Composers - Part 3

Post by Aggelos »

Some Reinhold Gliere for piano 2H ;)

Gliere / Anatoly Vedernikov : Concert Waltz Op. 90 (Alternative scan).
Gliere-Vedernikov__Konzertwalzer_Op90.pdf
Gliere's Bronze Horseman
http://www.mediafire.com/view/of223md87 ... let_2H.pdf
Gliere_Ballet The Bronze Horseman_3books.pdf
(nms)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
caostotale
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: guitar, bass guitar

Post by caostotale »

fleubis wrote:Dear Brian,

I'm glad to hear that this music is being performed. Given the quantity (large!), one would hope so. As you probably know, "modern" music of this quality is rarely used by teachers in the US. Of course things may have changed in the over 60 plus years since I started.
That's interesting and sits in line with that region's prided history in high discipline pastimes (i.e. see also chess, mathematics, ballet, crazy folk instrument abilities, etc..). With some of the past volumes in this series, I was a bit unsure whether or not this was music to be played 'for' children or 'by' children. The Aristakesyan cycles based on Armenian folk melodies are surprisingly dissonant and unusual-sounding (I've programmed a number of them into MIDI), but that could have been just another dimension of the discipline going on in late-1970s Yerevan.

I feel like this sort of repertoire still proliferates in those countries to this day, albeit on a more author-by-author basis than these volumes. It's tough to notice because most of the publishers in places like Moscow, Tbilisi, Yerevan, Bishkek, etc... don't distribute their materials in the first world (the only notable exception would be St. Petersburg's Kompozitor imprint, which distributes some of its output through Finland's Ruslania website, which in turn lists some of their items on Amazon).
Alex
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by Alex »

Hello Bortkiewicz fans. I have (large filesize) photographs of the manuscript score of Bortie's Second Symphony in my hard drive but am not proficient in making wonderful streamlined PDF's. Would anyone be interested in downloading a very large file that I upload and creating a PDF from it? Please PM me and I'll work on getting it all uploaded sometime soon. Some of the pages may not be adequate but I guess it's the best we may have for now.
HTIEKFR
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: PIANO

Post by HTIEKFR »

Hello
I'm lookin for the 6 preludes and fugues by Fliarkovsky and the burlesque by Skorik
Are they under copyright ?
Thanks a lot
Dani_area_51
Pianophiliac

Post by Dani_area_51 »

Here you go, the flyarkovsky preludes and fugues. They were resting in the old pp archive.
About the Skorik, I have found it posted by Alfor many ages ago :D

Flyarkovsky: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=562&p=9598&hilit=flyarkovsky#p9598
Skorik: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=554&p=2589&hilit=skorik#p2589

Regards.
HTIEKFR
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: PIANO

Post by HTIEKFR »

Thanks a lot
Iwas pretty sure about Skorik but couldn't locate it
Thks again
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

Cesar Cui (1835-1918) - although well served on IMSLP, I could not find this work on that site nor here on PP.....his Op 39 Six Morceaux.

Malcolm
Cui - Op 39 Six Morceaux.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

For all Bortkiewicz fans:

As many of you are aware I have been researching the life and music of Sergei Bortkiewicz for many years and have been instrumental in having a number of his scores republished, as well as encouraging recordings of the piano music and concertos, plus contributing to Hyperion's wonderful recording of the two symphonies. Although in many ways I owe a personal thank you specifically to Mike Spring at Hyperion, who first brought the composer to my attention through the beautiful recording of the Piano Concerto No. 1.

I have, in the past, posted some odd manuscripts of the composer from the research I have undertaken, and have for many years been trying to track down all of the missing scores. Well the good news is......they have been found !! It will likely be some months before I can share them with you......but I thought many of those who so enjoy Bortkiewicz's music will be, like me, delighted at the news.

As they say......watch this space.

Malcolm
fleubis
Pianomasochist

Post by fleubis »

Malcolm, this is indeed great news that the missing scores have been found and indeed we'll all be watching for them. I greatly enjoy playing Bortkiewicz's music.
alfor
Pianodeity
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by alfor »

mballan wrote:Cesar Cui (1835-1918) - although well served on IMSLP, I could not find this work on that site nor here on PP.....his Op 39 Six Morceaux.

Malcolm
Cui - Op 39 Six Morceaux.pdf
Thank you!

Russian State Digital Library has 67 (!) Cui scores (among them op. 39):

http://sigla.rsl.ru/table.jsp?f=1016&t= ... ebug=false
Best regards, Alfor S. Cans

Music is a higher revelation than wisdom and philosophy (Beethoven)

http://www.mediafire.com/alfor