Music Scores: Yes

Re: String Quartets

Post by caostotale »

...and a Belorussian work. Bio at:

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/ ... nlhiPxpVuQ

Eduard Osherovich KAZACHKOV (Belarus)
String Quartet no. 2, op. 16 (1976)
Kazachkov - String Quartet no. 2, op.16 (1976).pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
caostotale
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: guitar, bass guitar

Post by caostotale »

Here's a piece by a student of Yevgeny Golubev (who was one of the USSR's most prolific quartet composers along with Vainberg, Levitin, and Shostakovich). Bio at:

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/ ... 6diOoI9dzw

Oleg Arkadyevich MORALEV
String Quartet no. 2 (1979)
Moralev - String Quartet no. 2 (1979).pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
caostotale
Pianomaniac

Post by caostotale »

A string quartet by one of Dagestan's composers:

Wikipedia Bio:
http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... CDUQ7gEwAA

Nabi Sadykovich DAGIROV (Dagestan)
String Quartet
Dagirov - String Quartet.pdf
caostotale
Pianomaniac

Post by caostotale »

...and the last of three quartets composed by a Karelian composer. Bio at:

http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... CDQQ7gEwAA

Boris Dmitryevich NAPREEV (Karelia)
String Quartet no. 3, op. 26
Napreev - String Quartet no. 3, op. 26.pdf
Jim Faston
Pianomasochist

Post by Jim Faston »

Here's an arrangement of Azarashvili's nocturne for SQ. NMS--I did combine the score and part set into one file.
Azarashvili_Nocturne (string quartet) - score & parts.pdf
caostotale
Pianomaniac

Post by caostotale »

Tadeusz BAIRD
String Quartet (1957)
Baird - String Quartet (1957).pdf
caostotale
Pianomaniac

Post by caostotale »

Vissarion Yakovlevich SHEBALIN
String Quartet no. 2, op. 19 (1934)
Shebalin - String Quartet no. 2, op. 19 (1934).pdf
caostotale
Pianomaniac

Post by caostotale »

caostotale wrote:Does anyone have access to Moldovan composer Solomon Lobel's first string quartet? I've come across two copies of it and both are the same pages, likely from a publisher's printing/collating error. The pages missing are 7-10 and 15-18.
In reference to this previous request, here is a scan of the pages that ARE available. I've seen multiple copies of this work, and it appears the entire run that was shipped here was missing the same page ranges. Oops! At least the first movement is intact. If someone can help complete this, that would be awesome.

Solomon Moiseyevich LOBEL (Moldova)
String Quartet no. 1 (1975) missing pp. 7-10,15-18
Lobel - String Quartet no. 1 (1975) missing pp 07-10,15-18.pdf
Jim Faston
Pianomasochist

Post by Jim Faston »

caostotale wrote:
caostotale wrote:Does anyone have access to Moldovan composer Solomon Lobel's first string quartet? I've come across two copies of it and both are the same pages, likely from a publisher's printing/collating error. The pages missing are 7-10 and 15-18.
In reference to this previous request, here is a scan of the pages that ARE available. I've seen multiple copies of this work, and it appears the entire run that was shipped here was missing the same page ranges. Oops! At least the first movement is intact. If someone can help complete this, that would be awesome.

Solomon Moiseyevich LOBEL (Moldova)
String Quartet no. 1 (1975) missing pp. 7-10,15-18
Lobel - String Quartet no. 1 (1975) missing pp 07-10,15-18.pdf
I see four institutions listing this piece in Worldcat: Arizona State University, Northwestern University, University of Virginia and University of Toronto. Perhaps one of them managed to get a complete copy--it might be worth a few emails to find out. If a complete copy is available perhaps an interlibrary loan could be arranged. Thanks for posting the available pages--I do like the Lento.
caostotale
Pianomaniac

Post by caostotale »

Jim Faston wrote: I see four institutions listing this piece in Worldcat: Arizona State University, Northwestern University, University of Virginia and University of Toronto. Perhaps one of them managed to get a complete copy--it might be worth a few emails to find out. If a complete copy is available perhaps an interlibrary loan could be arranged. Thanks for posting the available pages--I do like the Lento.
I wouldn't be surprised if the whole run of them were misprint. I'll keep my eyes open for a used copy and contact some of those libraries (two of those colleges' copies are amongst the failures I've already investigated :cry: ) I always find myself wondering where the hell all of the original plates for these works ended up, since almost all of these works have fallen off the face of the earth. Maybe someone here knows someone in Moldova and can see if any of Lobel's works are available in any way? :D

I have his third quartet as well...not yet scanned though.