Composers from Switzerland

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
musiclife217
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Composers from Switzerland

Post by musiclife217 »

remy wrote:Thanks very much for your suggestion, Peter. I don't know the Suite No.4, but I'll check it out tonight. I just got the recordings yesterday and have only listened to Suites 2 and 5 on the first CD. The Ländler is a 'must learn'.

jeremy

Thanks again for the scores - I think that now all the Suite scores and Bach cello sonata transcriptions are available! Glad to spread the word! ♪
liveforpiano
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by liveforpiano »

Raff is certainly worth exploring musiclife217, I would have put these scores on long ago but assumed that because they were shown as being on IMSLP that the files were complete. They seem to do this a lot, and it can be most annoying. Why they don't announce just how much of a work is on site when it is not comlete is beyond me.

I am glad you got the discs of the Raff alright. He does a good job of them. Adrian Ruiz was recorded playing Suite No. 4 many years ago. I had the recording on LP. It has now happily been transferred to Cd together with a more recent recording of the Raff 1st Piano Sonata in the revised version. (I have yet to see the first version which had a Fugue for the last movement). The Ruiz recording of the 4th Suite is a staggering performance well worth hearing. This is a Genesis disc. Number GCD 118.

Best wishes.

Peter.
liveforpiano
Pianophiliac

Post by liveforpiano »

Emil Frey (1889-1946) A Swiss composer has been put on PP before.
Here is his set of Variations on a Hebrew Theme Opus 1.
Frey E. Variations Opus 1.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
remy
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by remy »

liveforpiano wrote:I am glad you got the discs of the Raff alright. He does a good job of them. Adrian Ruiz was recorded playing Suite No. 4 many years ago. I had the recording on LP. It has now happily been transferred to Cd together with a more recent recording of the Raff 1st Piano Sonata in the revised version. (I have yet to see the first version which had a Fugue for the last movement). The Ruiz recording of the 4th Suite is a staggering performance well worth hearing. This is a Genesis disc. Number GCD 118.

Best wishes.

Peter.
Peter, many thanks for the information about the CD. I had no idea Adrian Ruiz recorded any Raff. I'm a big fan of his recordings; the Goetz, Kirchner, and Gutmann pieces, the Burgmueller Sonata, and the Thalberg and Kalkbrenner Grand Sonatas. I would love to hear him play the Raff March.

I just listened to the Raff Begegnung Op.86 No.1 from 2 Fantasiestücke for cello and piano. What a wonderful piece! The score is at IMSLP:

http://imslp.org/wiki/2_Fantasiest%C3%B ... Joachim%29

jeremy
liveforpiano
Pianophiliac

Post by liveforpiano »

Hello Jeremy,
Adrian Ruiz recorded the Raff Fourth Suite in 1971. His performance of the Sonata is as recent as 2012.
Whilst still very good. It has lost something of the bloom of youth.
I had been waiting for years to have this come out on CD, so when I saw it was available, I pounced on it.
(So to speak). I knew of the other recordings you mention of his, but as money was tight at that time, never
bought them. Thanks for the information on Opus 86 No.1. I have several discs of the Chamber works of Raff
but not that piece. I have downloaded it from IMSLP.
Thank you again.
Peter.
Duirton

Post by Duirton »

Hello everyone,

someone have the Rapsodie Turque Op.45 of E.R. Blanchet? Is possible find it on IMSLP but is still under copyright. I have upload on mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?tmx2o8qiz4oixyq

That I know, this score isn't never been posted on PP but maybe someone already have...
On YT there's also a recording!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoeO7B9OIds
(I have got from W. Weller the pdf, obviously...)

Duirton
Georgio

Post by Georgio »

Hello,

here is the complete "Suite de Morceaux pour petites mains op.75" by Joachim Raff. I got it as double-side jpeg-images, so split the pages and combined them to the following pdf.

Have fun with this suite,
Georgio
Raff_-_op.75 Suite de Morceaux pour petites mains Part1.pdf
Raff_-_op.75 Suite de Morceaux pour petites mains Part2.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FW190
Pianomaniac

Post by FW190 »

Some alternative scans (in 600 dpi) of alternative editions of more or less famous pieces by Joachim Raff.
The cycle Frühlingsboten was first published by Heinrichhofen's Verlag in 1853. The attached two leaflet versions of Number 12 Abends (Eventide) were published by Augener and Robert Cocks between 1860 and 1880.
Raff.-.op.055.-.Frühlingsboten-No.12-Abends-(pno-Cocks-Edition).pdf
Raff.-.op.055.-.Frühlingsboten-No.12-Abends-(pno-Augener-Edition).pdf
In Bach we trust.
FW190
Pianomaniac

Post by FW190 »

Raff: Fleurette and Boleros, both published by Robert Cocks.
Raff.-.op.075-1.-.Suite-de-morceaux-No.1-Fleurette-Romance-(pno-Cocks-Edition).pdf
Raff.-.op.111-1.-.2-Caprices-No.1-Boleros-(pno-Cocks-Edition).pdf
In Bach we trust.
4candles
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Piano, organ, (drums)

Post by 4candles »

Just in case anyone missed them, Henri Stierlin-Vallon's Sept Preludes have been uploaded to IMSLP at the following link:

http://imslp.org/imglnks/usimg/0/0a/IMS ... ELUDES.pdf

I very much look forward to seeing what other gems by the composer come our way in the future!

4c