Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
mballan
Site Owner
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Music from the Balkans

Post by mballan »

jre58591 wrote:
lutoslawski wrote:Anybody has either the Vladigerov Concertos No.1 or 5? I only have the others. I think No.4 sounds really good.

Tony
Can you please post No. 2? I don't have that one, nor No. 5. Thanks!
Vladigerov - I have the scores of both concertos 2 & 5 but need time to scan them [they are big scores].

A couple more early works by Vladigerov......hope this is improving the meager collection of material by him ? I would have thought Vladigerov would have been covered quite extensively on PP......may be in one of its old incarnations ?
But hope newer members will enjoy these. I would suggest members checking Walter Cosand's site as no doubt Walter would have uploaded any Vladigerov previously posted on PP, plus Alfor's link to his MediaFire archive has a fair amount of Vladigerov scores as well. But, if there are any specific wants - then please let me know ?

Malcolm
Vladigerov P - Four Pieces Op 2.pdf
Vladigerov P - Variations Op 3.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ferruccio
Pianophiliac

Post by Ferruccio »

Malcolm,

thank you very much for these two great Vladigerov works above ! Especially the Variations are very interesting !!
Best regards, Ferruccio
rob
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Singer (bass)

Post by rob »

NMS TTTOS. Shared on the old P-P I think. So it's just no 5 we don't have. But we could also do with all the full scores! ;)
Vladigerov op22 Piano Concerto 2 c (2pnos).pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
thalbergmad
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano, banjo

Post by thalbergmad »

DKWDTBTTTOS
Vladigerov - Piano Concerto nr.5, op.58_part1.pdf
Vladigerov - Piano Concerto nr.5, op.58_part2.pdf
Vladigerov - Piano Concerto nr.5, op.58_part3.pdf
Timtin
Pianodeity
Instruments played, if any: Piano40

Post by Timtin »

thalbergmad wrote:DKWDTBTTTOS
? Don't know who did the b*st*rd - thanks to the original scanner.
(Perhaps Thal's message should be in the puns jokes and teasers thread!)
jre58591

Post by jre58591 »

rob wrote:NMS TTTOS. Shared on the old P-P I think. So it's just no 5 we don't have. But we could also do with all the full scores! ;)
Vladigerov op22 Piano Concerto 2 c (2pnos).pdf
This seems to be missing page 61 (according to the score, not the PDF numbering). Can someone fill this in?
thalbergmad
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano, banjo

Post by thalbergmad »

Timtin wrote:
thalbergmad wrote:DKWDTBTTTOS
? Don't know who did the b*st*rd - thanks to the original scanner.
(Perhaps Thal's message should be in the puns jokes and teasers thread!)
Oh my God that is spot on.

I am becoming predictable.

Thal
fleubis
Pianomasochist

Post by fleubis »

Wonderful to have these beautiful Vladigerov scores. These piano concertos are very interesting pieces and really fun to play through. Seems we're only missing concerto No.4 and page 61 of No.5. Nearly all solo music has been posted from what I can see. I'll be on the lookout now for the recordings of all 5 of them now that I know they exist. As a very personal observation and just from hearing the recording of No.3, Vladigerov's orchestration skills are not up to the technical skill of his piano writing and seem rather thick and this might partly explain why these concertos are not popular. Anyway, I'm most grateful for these postings.
lutoslawski
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano,Violin. Composer.

Post by lutoslawski »

fleubis wrote:Wonderful to have these beautiful Vladigerov scores. These piano concertos are very interesting pieces and really fun to play through. Seems we're only missing concerto No.4 and page 61 of No.5. Nearly all solo music has been posted from what I can see. I'll be on the lookout now for the recordings of all 5 of them now that I know they exist. As a very personal observation and just from hearing the recording of No.3, Vladigerov's orchestration skills are not up to the technical skill of his piano writing and seem rather thick and this might partly explain why these concertos are not popular. Anyway, I'm most grateful for these postings.
No! we are not missing the no.4 anymore :P
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VEBJYL9Q

Tony
fleubis
Pianomasochist

Post by fleubis »

Thanks for Vladigerov Concerto No.4, Tony. I like this one the best of all and it is quite an extraordinary work. Let's hope a recording of this turns up.