China Japan and the Far East

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
lutoslawski
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano,Violin. Composer.
Music Scores: Yes

Re: China Japan and the Far East

Post by lutoslawski »

soh choon wee wrote:
lutoslawski wrote:Taiwanese folk song - I will put the name later, after i have figured out the title that is very unreadable right now.
Is a folk music, sang by aboriginals here in taiwan. Ke Chia people , if i am not mistaken.
Tony

This Taiwanese Folk Song

i must admit, i cannot decifer the title..........
The hand-written score. I am guessing whether it is from China (PRC) or Taiwan (ROC).
Based on orthography, there are some words that is written in simplified character (pointing towards PRC) yet there are some that is written in traditional character (ROC).
The music idion seems to suggest Hainan island, the minority there. Those syncopated rhythm is very characteristic of Hainan island.

A bit of history. Ke-chia (the more familiar name to the western world is Hakka) is DEFINITELY not aborigin of taiwan. The 10(some said 11) tribe in taiwan belongs to the Polynesians people, just like the Malayu in malaysia penisula. They do not use ErHu as an instrument.
Sorry little mistake here , ofcourse they dont use erhu. AND my biggest mistake, this is not hakka music.It Is from Ah Mei tzu or Ah Mei tribe. So this is Traditional Ah Mei Music.
This score is just an arrangement of the folk music for erhu and piano. It is originally for singing.
On the other... If the other score has simplified characters , then it is definitely not from taiwan. And how interesting to know hainan characteristics. And i do love hainan chicken rice as well :D :D.

Tony
lutoslawski
Pianophiliac

Post by lutoslawski »

soh choon wee, i just happen to know somebody who knows Ma sui long in person. I can probably get some of his works.
Probably also some unfinished works, or sketches ha! Hope to get them around these weeks or august. Are you just interested in the piano concerto?
I believe he has also written other concertos.

Tony
lutoslawski
Pianophiliac

Post by lutoslawski »

Hsu Sun - Jen
Violin Sonata.

Anybody interested in Lian tzu? (butterfly Concerto (violin Concerto))

Tony
Hsu Sun Jen - Violin Sonata.pdf
Hsu Sun Jen - Violin Sonata (VL).pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Riodk
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano, but not very well :-)

Post by Riodk »

Very nice Tony !

Thanks.

Riodk
soh choon wee
Pianophiliac
Music Scores: No

Post by soh choon wee »

lutoslawski wrote:soh choon wee, i just happen to know somebody who knows Ma sui long in person. I can probably get some of his works.
Probably also some unfinished works, or sketches ha! Hope to get them around these weeks or august. Are you just interested in the piano concerto?

Tony
GREAT !!
I dont know much about him.... (if china composer's scores are difficult, Taiwan composers are even more difficult to come by)
I would be happy with the piano concerto. (i think he wrote also a PANG-Di concerto, PANC-Di is a form of bamboo flute) But i certainly like any other piano works of his.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!
lutoslawski
Pianophiliac

Post by lutoslawski »

soh choon wee wrote:
lutoslawski wrote:soh choon wee, i just happen to know somebody who knows Ma sui long in person. I can probably get some of his works.

Tony
GREAT !!
I dont know much about him.... (if china composer's scores are difficult, Taiwan composers are even more difficult to come by)
I would be happy with the piano concerto. (i think he wrote also a PANG-Di concerto, PANC-Di is a form of bamboo flute) But i certainly like any other piano works of his.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!
Ok, i will first check out ma sui long's folk piano works next week.

Tony
lutoslawski
Pianophiliac

Post by lutoslawski »

Here is Huang-Huang - Taiwanese Rhapsody for 2 pianos.

Tony
Huang Huang - Rhapsody for 2 Pianos.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
oren segev
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by oren segev »

lutoslawski wrote:Here is Huang-Huang - Taiwanese Rhapsody for 2 pianos.

Tony
Tony
Bravo and thanks for that post
Oren
lutoslawski
Pianophiliac

Post by lutoslawski »

Lien Shin Dao - Vocals. Taiwanese folk.

Tony
Lien Shin Dao - Vocals.pdf
zimerfan
Participant
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by zimerfan »

Hello Tony, I'm from Taichung. Actually I've been viewing this forum almost everyday for a couple of years. :P Thank you so much for all these contributions and discussions. :mrgreen: