Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
Timtin
Pianodeity
Instruments played, if any: Piano40
Music Scores: Yes

Re: The Music of Italy

Post by Timtin »

In the good old days (pre-FM radio broadcasting) in the UK, we had 3 BBC radio
channels: The Home Service, The Light Programme and The Third Programme.
Then in 1964, Radio Caroline started broadcasting from The North Sea, so everything
got restructured in 1967, when Radios 1,2,3 and 4 appeared.
HullandHellandHalifax
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: piano organ harmonium

Post by HullandHellandHalifax »

Timtin wrote:In the good old days (pre-FM radio broadcasting) in the UK, we had 3 BBC radio
channels: The Home Service, The Light Programme and The Third Programme.
Then in 1964, Radio Caroline started broadcasting from The North Sea, so everything
got restructured in 1967, when Radios 1,2,3 and 4 appeared.
I think Tim and Rob are right, now in my advanced addled dotage :twisted: my memory is not what it was, it was always bad, but now it is worse...what was the question again?
Oh yes! The Light became Radio 2 , the Third stayed third as Radio 3 and for middle England the Home service with Mrs. Dale's Diary, Round the Horne and The Archers became Radio 4 and the new usurper of the first slot went to the new Radio 1 which was the response to Radio Caroline. This of course was just after radio announcers did not have to wear dinner suits to broadcast over the airwaves.
Did you have to google this info Tim or are you in your Methuselah years too :lol: :lol:
gigiranalli
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by gigiranalli »

rob wrote:
Precalculus wrote:Semprini's serenade ...

... was a weekly serial program, I listend to it -in the early/mid sixties when studying- on MW radio (was it a BBC station? I can't remember).
Popular music was played, practically all pieces with piano + orchestra.
And the series title was "Semprins Serenade".
The name came in my mind, when reading here Semprini as composer/arranger.
Surely what was then called the BBC Light Programme - which became Radio Two - although I am happy to be corrected by older members here (Brian!?) ;)

Anyway, Semprini was actually a British composer although from Italian stock.
Dear Rob,
yes, you're right, Semprini was born from Italian parents in Bath, so he was of British nationality.
Anyway I don't think I went off topic with my Semprini posts, since his medleys were from Italian songs ;)
Semprini really had two parallel different music careers in Italy and England.
I have a bunch of his discs and it seems like he mostly recorded serenades and light music in Great Britain, while from the early '30s to the '50s he mostly recorded jazz music in Italy, in duets with Enrico Bormioli, with his orchestra, in a number of piano solos, and even accompanied by Italian famous accordionist Gorni Kramer.
Gorni Kramer was the most important Italian jazz player. The name doesn't sound so Italian..but Kramer was not the surname, but his second name. He was actually called Francesco Kramer Gorni, Gorni being the surname: his father gave him that second name in homage to champion cyclist Frank Kramer.
I must have some scores by Gorni Kramer somewhere, some arranged for accordion, other for piano. If I find them back I will post them.
Instead, now I'm attaching a very rare novelty rag composed by Enrico Bormioli, entitled "Rapid", and dedicated to his friend and colleague Semprini.
Enjoy the music!
Best
Luigi
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

Another smaller work by Albanesi - his delightful Romance No. 5.
Albanesi C - Romance No.5.pdf
Malcolm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

I have already previously posted several works by Albanesi - here is his engaging piano sonata No. 4 in Bb minor [thank you Mr P].
Albanesi C - Piano Sonata No.4.pdf
Malcolm
ilu
Pianomaniac

Post by ilu »

Nicola (Antonio) Porpora (17 August 1686 – 3 March 1768) was an Italian composer of Baroque operas (see opera seria) and teacher of singing, whose most famous singing student was the castrato Farinelli.
Porpora_Fuga_Kbd.pdf
-nms-tttos.

Ilu.
Quo melius Illac
ilu
Pianomaniac

Post by ilu »

Giuseppe Concone: (1810-1860).
Organist and Professor, he composed extraordinary exercises and studies for piano, maybe some other piano works, any extra upload, besides IMSLP, would be very appreciated.

Ilu.
Quo melius Illac
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.

Post by fredbucket »

ilu wrote:Giuseppe Concone: (1810-1860).
Organist and Professor, he composed extraordinary exercises and studies for piano, maybe some other piano works, any extra upload, besides IMSLP, would be very appreciated.
I don't think these are generally available.
Concone - Fifteen Etudes Brillantes.pdf
Regards
Fred
oren segev
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by oren segev »

That one is not on Imslp (nms-tttos)
Concone - Op.24, Twenty-Five Melodic Studies, (Complete).
Concone - Op.24, Twenty-Five Melodic Studies, (Complete)..pdf
Oren
ilu
Pianomaniac

Post by ilu »

Fred and Oren:

Gracias.

Ilu.
Quo melius Illac