Bach - Hyphenated

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
sgambatiesque

Re: Sicilienne from Concerto in D Minor BWV 596 (Bach)

Post by sgambatiesque »

This is based on Vivaldi's Concerto for 2 Violins and Cello in D minor, RV 565
With a lot of these short transcriptions based on a work with pre-existing keyboard part there is very little difference between versions.

Nemerovsky's can be found in Walter Cosand's library
Stradal's is on IMSLP (its cover page has the old attribution to WF Bach)
Dannen
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Post by Dannen »

I believe Volodos is using the transcription by William Murdoch. Piers Lane has recorded Murdoch's piano solo transcription of the entire BWV 596.

It appears that the Murdoch score is difficult to obtain. See:

http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive ... 00383.html
sgambatiesque

Post by sgambatiesque »

Dannen wrote:I believe Volodos is using the transcription by William Murdoch. Piers Lane has recorded Murdoch's piano solo transcription of the entire BWV 596.
Also in the Hyperion Bach hyphenations (where this post more properly belongs), Nadejda Vlaeva has recorded the Isidore Philipp transcription of the entire BWV 596.

http://www.bach-cantatas.com/NVD/PT-BWV-3.htm lists at least 9 different 2-hand transcriptions, not including the Nemerovsky
Aggelos
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by Aggelos »

kajcovski wrote: My daughter plays piano and after she heard the piece, she felt in love with it and wants to play it. There are number of different interpretations, but I am looking for the one that Arcadi Volodos plays.

I guess your daughter has to resign herself to somebody's else transcription
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=107&p=9955&hilit=v ... adal#p9955
Unless you can find a way to get in contact with Christian Jensen, the person who implemented various realisations.

I was wondering - has Volodos ever sent his manuscripts to a publisher to have them published properly? Because there are mostly realisations for his transcriptions and paraphrases.
http://vkgfx.com/scores/volodos/
Imhotep

Re: The Music of Johann Sebastian Bach

Post by Imhotep »

Hope I could help!

Greetings Imhotep
Bach-Murdoch Concerto No. 5 in D minor (after A. Vivaldi) BWV596.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lebowl
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano Mason BB

Post by lebowl »

Volodos is definitely not playing the Murdoch transcription. He does seem to play the nine measures after the first fermata in that version, but the rest is different.
Dannen
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by Dannen »

Imhotep wrote:Hope I could help!

Greetings Imhotep
Thank you for this posting. Volodos may very well have made his own transcription, but I like Murdoch's version.
sgambatiesque

Post by sgambatiesque »

Dannen wrote: Volodos may very well have made his own transcription, but I like Murdoch's version.
I suspect it's a Volodos transcription too. The piece is apparently on his Volodos in Vienna recital discs, so perhaps the album notes will advise.
pianovirus

Re: Bach - Hyphenated

Post by pianovirus »

Dear all,

Opus Transcribisticum mentions several transcriptions of Bach/Stölzel's Bist Du bei mir (from Anna Magdalena Notebook). Alas, I could not find any of them so far. Anyone can help?

Best wishes,
pianovirus
sgambatiesque

Re: Bach - Hyphenated

Post by sgambatiesque »

pianovirus wrote: Opus Transcribisticum mentions several transcriptions of Bach/Stölzel's Bist Du bei mir (from Anna Magdalena Notebook). Alas, I could not find any of them so far. Anyone can help?
From the amazing transcriber David Juna.
BACH BWV508 Bist du bei mir [Juna].pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.