Piano Music of North America (Canada & the USA)

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
mballan
Site Owner
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Piano Music of North America (Canada & the USA)

Post by mballan »

PhilM93 - I do have a few odd pieces including the Sonata. Send me an email to: malcolm.ballan@gmail.com and I will send these to you.

Please folk check copyright laws for your country as some of the Price scores may be newer publications and hence may be at risk if posted here. I leave that to your own good judgement, if you share further. Otherwise as Price died in 1953, they are only just out of copyright across Europe (which is 70 years after death of the composer, unless copyright is renewed).

Malcolm
PhilM93
Music Scores: Yes

Post by PhilM93 »

update:
I'd now just be looking for Florence Price's
Snapshots & her Fantaise Nègres for Piano solo.
Happy for any feedback.

Regards
Philm93
Mappersorous
Participant
Music Scores: No

Post by Mappersorous »

pcovitz1968 wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:48 pm The library in Massachusetts that has the papers of John Knowles Paine was able to provide me with a copy of the manuscript for his Piano Sonata in A Minor, Op. 1, and I have recently completed a new typeset edition. Message me if interested and I'll send you a copy. This sonata appears on a 1993 CD (New World Records) of Paine's piano music by the pianist Denver Oldham.
Hi Phil,
Hope doing this correctly as first post on this forum.
Have been searching for the JKP Sonata in A and would be very grateful if you are able to send a copy.
Addicted to the Denver Oldham performance. Not sure if will ever be able to play it but....
Many thanks in advance. Steve G,