Music from the British Isles

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Music from the British Isles

Post by fredbucket »

HullandHellandHalifax wrote:What!! yet another score from thal...how boring...
I'm sorry - I hadn't noticed. Where?

Regards
Fred
Chromaticon
Music Scores: No

Post by Chromaticon »

I guess I'm in the right thread for this... I'm curious to see G. Holst's piano music. I understand he didn't write much for it? Does anyone here have some of these scores?

Regards...
ilu
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Music from the British Isles

Post by ilu »

Here:
Holst_Gustave_ Piano-scores.pdf
nms-tttos.

ILU
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Quo melius Illac
Chromaticon

Post by Chromaticon »

Thanks so much ilu!

Reading the preface I guess this is it from Holst, for solo piano...
Reading about The Planets just now, there should be a two piano version, as well as one for piano duet - written by Holst. Were these versions ever published?

Thanks again! Great new forum!
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.

Post by fredbucket »

Chromaticon wrote:Reading about The Planets just now, there should be a two piano version, as well as one for piano duet - written by Holst. Were these versions ever published?
The two piano version was published by his daughter Imogen in 1979.
Chromaticon wrote:Thanks again! Great new forum!
It's been around for a while, but like Dr Who, keeps regenerating :!:

Regards
Fred
rob
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Singer (bass)

Post by rob »

The 1982 Faber edition of Holst may still be in copyright (but I really am not certain at all about that), but here are a couple of the same works in public domain copies - plus an extra snippet.
Holst Toccata (Curwen 1924).pdf
Holst op46-2,3 Two Folksong Fragments (Roses Shoemaker)(OUP).pdf
Holst-Geehl Valse Etude (Ashdown 1933).pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rob
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Singer (bass)

Post by rob »

ilu wrote:Here:
Holst_Gustave_ Piano-scores.pdf
nms-tttos.

ILU
After much too-ing and fro-ing, we have reposted Ilu's message with the 1982 Faber edition of Holst's Complete Solo Piano Music 1924-1932.

We are indebted to Malcolm's extensive contacts confirming what we eventually suspected. We were told: "Regardless of any other copyrights attached to a work, there is a graphic right which belongs to the publisher, extending to 25 years post publication. That means the Faber piano album would have gone into the public domain as from 1 January 2008."

The note from Gustav Holst's daughter Imogen states that all the pieces were issued during Holst's lifetime or just after, by 1934 at the latest (the year of Holst's far too early death), and there appears to be no evidence of any major editorial work in this publication, although it has been typeset (and very beautifully too, as is usual with Faber Music). We therefore conclude that there is no other copyright on this publication other than the author's/estate's copyright which expired on 1 January 2005 (ie 70 years after Holst's death), leaving the 'graphic' copyright to expire 3 years later (25 years after the publication of the newly typeset edition).

If Faber Music, or indeed anyone wishes to contradict our view, then please contact any one of the Admins here privately. We are always happy to remove scores that members or others believe to be in copyright. I might add that Faber Music are a fantastic publisher and personally they've had quite a bit of my money over the years for their beautiful editions of Malcolm Arnold, Benjamin Britten, Frank Bridge, David & Colin Matthews, George Benjamin and many many more...

Rob
ilu
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by ilu »

Rob:

Thank you for reposting Holst's score.

The most important issue here is to comply with domestic and international copyright regulations.

I am glad to keep collaborating with this wonderful and professional team.

ILU
Quo melius Illac
Chromaticon

Post by Chromaticon »

Yes, thank you for these latest posts, really helpful!
oren segev
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by oren segev »

Could anyone please post
1. Reizenstein - Sonata in B (for piano)
2. Roxburgh - Labyrinth
Thanks in advance
Oren