French Piano Music

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
Jean-Séb
Pianomasochist
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: French Piano Music

Post by Jean-Séb »

HTIEKFR wrote:I found this very short score by Henry Février.
HENRY FEVRIER - IMPROMPTU.pdf
Never heard of the composer before- Very few informations on wikipedia
Is this the beginning of the score only ??? or is it complete ?

Mod edit: I have changed the filename after my post below. FB.
Unfortunately, the score is not complete, this is just the first page.
His opera Monna Vanna was famous in its time. I have seen some works for piano that are very fine.
His son Jacques Février was a famous pianist. See him here with Georges Prêtre in the Poulenc concerto:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7j7Vss8BSI
Jean-Séb
HTIEKFR
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: PIANO

Post by HTIEKFR »

Yes it's what I thought. The piece is uncomplete and probably very hard to find.
HTIEKFR
Pianophiliac

Post by HTIEKFR »

Freshly scan, a little charming piece by Paul Fauchey. I don't think anything by him was posted before.
FAUCHEY Historiette enfantine.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HTIEKFR
Pianophiliac

Post by HTIEKFR »

Something quite different but not very usual I believe, a piece by french composer Victor Alphonse Duvernoy (1842-1907)
Bachilique from the ballet Bacchus -
I'd be very interested if anybody has other scores by him.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

Do not think we've had anything on this French composer ?

ROSELLEN, HENRI. Born in Paris, 1811. Took 2nd piano prize at the Conservatoire 1827, and 1st in harmony in 1828. Was a pupil and imitator of Herz. He published nearly 200 works for piano including a 'Methode de Piano' (Heugel), a collection of progressive exercises entitled ‘Manuel des Pianistes ' (ibid.), and many separate pieces of salon character, one of which, a Reverie Op 31 No. 1, enjoyed considerable popularity for many years across Europe. He died 1876.
Rosellen H - Beatrice di Tenda Op 40.pdf
Rosellen H - Cenerentola Fantasie Op 109.pdf
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

And another Rosellen piece...hopefully more to come shortly.
Rosellen H - Fantaisie Brillante sur Lucie de Lammermoor Op 80.pdf
Malcolm
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

A very pleasant and fun to play Scherzo by the French composer, Emile Forgues. Can not seem to find any further data on this composer beyond he performed at one with Gottschalk in Spain. Wrote a number of piano pieces [according to Pazdirek] of which Op 15 Etude de Concert still appears in print.
Forgues E - Scherzo.pdf
Malcolm
fleubis
Pianomasochist

Post by fleubis »

mballan wrote:A very pleasant and fun to play Scherzo by the French composer, Emile Forgues. Can not seem to find any further data on this composer beyond he performed at one with Gottschalk in Spain. Wrote a number of piano pieces [according to Pazdirek] of which Op 15 Etude de Concert still appears in print.

Malcolm
Thanks for this nice piece, Malc. Just what I need as I don't do right-hand 6ths as well as I'd like and this piece makes it fun to practice them.
Jean-Séb
Pianomasochist

Post by Jean-Séb »

mballan wrote:A very pleasant and fun to play Scherzo by the French composer, Emile Forgues. Can not seem to find any further data on this composer beyond he performed at one with Gottschalk in Spain. Wrote a number of piano pieces [according to Pazdirek] of which Op 15 Etude de Concert still appears in print.

Malcolm
Victor-Esprit-Émile Forgues was born in Paris in 1823. He was a pianist with some reputation for his playing and his compositions, mainly morceaux de genre, such as tarentelles, fantaisies, variations, Spanish-style pieces, etc. There is an amusing review of a concert in Paris, in 1852, where he played a sonata by Beethoven, and then several light and brilliant pieces of his own, and the reviewer noted that the public was much more interested by these than by Beethoven!
GJF323

Post by GJF323 »

HTIEKFR wrote:Something quite different but not very usual I believe, a piece by french composer Victor Alphonse Duvernoy (1842-1907)
Bachilique from the ballet Bacchus -
I'd be very interested if anybody has other scores by him.
You've save me from scanning this one. I just received my original a few days ago.