Alfor's Rarities

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
fleubis
Pianomasochist
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Alfor's Rarities

Post by fleubis »

Hi Alfor. Dani seem right about the Friedman, as this is still missing piece nr.2.

Always nice to see the name Blanchet in your postings, Alfor, he continues to delight and challenge my fingers with his many etudes, and the Op.41 set is my favorite so your high quality scan of this volume is much welcomed to my weary old eyes.

The Achron Statuettes appear somewhat like a transcription to me, but still has many interesting ideas, so good luck on the missing pages.

A nice posting, Alfor.....now all we need are some etudes to act as preparation for the Blanchet and we'll all have a clear path to the Godowsky! (Actually, Blanchet seems so much a world unto himself).
alfor
Pianodeity
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by alfor »

Dani_area_51 wrote: Thanks for all the pieces Alfor. Tansman is really great. Just to mention I think Friedman op27 is a double post.
Thanks for the hint! I in fact forgot to remove the Friedman op. 27 from my posting pile! (Amazing, though, that there are still that much downloaders!!!)
Best regards, Alfor S. Cans

Music is a higher revelation than wisdom and philosophy (Beethoven)

http://www.mediafire.com/alfor
alfor
Pianodeity

Post by alfor »

Rudorff-Day:

Ernst RUDORFF
1840-1916, friend of Brahms, exact contemporary of Rheinberger, Goetz, Brassin,
I. von Bronsart, Alexis Holländer, Tausig (born 1941)

Fantasiestücke op. 10 Heft 1
Rudorff Fantasiestücke op.10 vol.1.pdf
Concertetude op. 29 No. 1
Rudorff Concertetude op.29,1.pdf
Drei Romanzen op. 48
Rudorff 3 Romanzen op.48.pdf
For decades, in fact well into the 20th century, Mendelssohn and Schumann had a dominating influence not only on German composers. In the case of Rudorff, there is also a bit of Brahms in some of his works, which are IMHO worth to be unearthed from hidden library shelves (hope, Frank and others will share my opinion!).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fhimpsl
Pianomasochist

Post by fhimpsl »

Dear Alfred,

Thank you so much for posting the Ernst Rudorff scores today...they are absolutely superb; and once again we are introduced to another true Deutsche "Meister-Komponist!" :D To my ears Rudorff is most definitely influenced by Brahms. I find his "Drei Romanzen" to be especially reminiscent of Brahms' later works such as the Rhapsodies, Intermezzi etc. This is piano writing at the most masterful..and what fun to play!!! It is simply criminal that music on this level (and of other composers whom you have posted, particularly my beloved Hugo Kaun!) should have fallen into such incredible obscurity. Before your posting today, the only work of Rudorff's which I had come into contact with was a piece included in a 1983 Breitkopf anthology entitled "Johannes Brahms and his Friends;" entitled "Fantasie...aus op. 14 erster satz." I was impressed by this piece, but hardly as much as the works which you posted today. Our home will be reverberating the sounds of Rudorff this entire weekend....thanks again to your wonderful generosity! :D

mit Alles Gute,

Dein,

Frank
fleubis
Pianomasochist

Post by fleubis »

Alfor, I share Frank's enthusiasm for Rudorff. This is a great find in the late Romantic tradition. We have yet another composer whose works we need to seek out. Quite a wonderful surprise!
alfor
Pianodeity

Post by alfor »

Dear Frank, dear fleubis,

you are welcome! - I do have the "Johannes Brahms und seine Freunde" volume and agree that the first part of Rudorff's "Fantasie" is not that convincing. (The best pieces in this collection are Clara Schumann's Romanzen imho).

Rudorff did not write a lot for piano solo, so missing is only:

Fantasiestücke op. 10 Heft 2
Fantasie op. 14 (complete)
Concertetude op. 29 No. 2
Impromptu op. 51
Klavierstücke op. 52
Variazioni capricciose op. 55

best regards

alfor

Dani_area_51
Pianophiliac

Post by Dani_area_51 »

Thanks so much for the recent pieces Alfor. I also enjoy a lot the most of the german composers you post, and by the way, if it is not asking too much, I was hoping someone who has played Abendroth Sonate or Baussnern pieces could give me his opinion on if they worth a shot of exploring.. Thank you.
Timtin
Pianodeity
Instruments played, if any: Piano40

Post by Timtin »

alfor wrote:
Rudorff did not write a lot for piano solo, so missing is only:

Fantasiestücke op. 10 Heft 2
Fantasie op. 14 (complete)
Concertetude op. 29 No. 2
Impromptu op. 51
Klavierstücke op. 52
Variazioni capricciose op. 55

alfor
The Berlin State Library holds a lot of Ernst Rudorff's great music.
From there you can get the following 2H piano works: Opp10, 29, 48, 49, 51, 52, 55.
You can also get the following 4H works (some are arrangements): Opp8, 12, 21, 24, 31, 38, 45.
There are also 36 other types of score available, including orchestral scores and lieder.
Last edited by Timtin on Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Caprotti
Pianomaniac

Post by Caprotti »

... and op.14 should be in the other important Berlin library (Universitätsbibliothek der Künste Berlin)
alfor
Pianodeity

Post by alfor »

Caprotti wrote:... and op.14 should be in the other important Berlin library (Universitätsbibliothek der Künste Berlin)
No problem - I can get it from Hamburg (Hamburger öffentliche Bücherhallen: https://www.buecherhallen.de/alswww2.dl ... rff+op.+14)