Polish Composers

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
fleubis
Pianomasochist
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Polish Composers

Post by fleubis »

Thanks for this very nice survey of Stojowski, Malc !
remy
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by remy »

mballan wrote:Stojowski - part 2

As you will have seen above, a vast number of Stojowski works are now available through IMSLP - hopefully I have filled most gaps in the earlier opus numbers, and to follow are a few more works not covered by IMSLP: Op 19 [nos 1,2 & 4], Op 35 & Op 42 and the Lullaby [no opus]. Some of the non-opus works were published, but the vast majority remain in manuscript held in the Stojowski archive [which I think is based in New York].

Alas I do not have Op 39, 41 & 43 - I had started to pursue copies through the French National Library back in late August but then the ownership of Pianophilia cropped up and I forgot to follow-up on them. If anyone does have copies I would love to see them shared since I suspect the Bibliotheque Nationale will no doubt be as expensive as the British Library ! Otherwise I will try to rekindle my attempts to locate the remaining works.

I am uncertain whether these are my scans or someones else - and I owe a hard copy of Op 35 so think that one is mine, nonetheless my thanks to who ever scanned the originals.

Malcolm

Cradle Song [Homage to Paderewski] (Boosey & Hawkes 1941)
Stojowski - Liebeslied [no opus].pdf
Thanks very much for the Stojowski, Malcolm.

The Liebeslied is Op.26 No.3, Chant d'Amour.

This was one of Paderewski's favorite encores.

jeremy
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

remy wrote:

jeremy
Jeremy...well spotted, I've deleted the incorrect file and will upload the Liebeslied shortly [teach me to rush when doing the uploads] :oops:

Malc
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

mballan wrote:
remy wrote:

jeremy
Jeremy...well spotted, I've deleted the incorrect file and will upload the Liebeslied shortly [teach me to rush when doing the uploads] :oops:

Malc
Stojowski's correct Cradle Song [Liebeslied] duly posted above.

Malc
czerwinski

Post by czerwinski »

Would anybody be able to post Stojowski's Aspirations. Thanks a lot!
djehutymes

Post by djehutymes »

Hello.

Does anyone know Ignaz Friedman's technical exercises "Op.19 Technical Exercises for Piano" and/or "Without Opus Number - Piano Exercises Towards Higher Technique". Any information is much appreciated. Thanks.

- djehutymes -
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

djehutymes wrote:Hello.

Does anyone know Ignaz Friedman's technical exercises "Op.19 Technical Exercises for Piano" and/or "Without Opus Number - Piano Exercises Towards Higher Technique". Any information is much appreciated. Thanks.

- djehutymes -
Hi djehutymes

I suspect these are quite rare...I have quite an extensive Freidman collection but have never come across these two works todate [unless hopefully another member might have copies]? The Op 19 was published by Piwarski. I can ask a friend in Poland if he may have copies, and of course check out libraraies, but suspect these will be difficult to trace.

Malcolm
fhimpsl
Pianomasochist

Post by fhimpsl »

Moritz Moszkowski (1854-1925)

Hello All - Today I ran across a listing of Moszkowski's works which I had compiled during research at the Library Of Congress some 20 years ago. It's an old typewriter and lots of handwritten notes, but I probably nabbed about 95+% of his output and wanted to share the listing with other PP members who might be interested in forming a collection of his scores. Moszkowski is one composer who is so enjoyable to play; so richly melodic, and sadly always one who comes upon neglect both during his life and thereafter. I maintain that his Concerto is one of the most beautiful works of the Romantic era.

All best,

Frank
Moszkowski - Works Listing.pdf
:D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
liveforpiano
Pianophiliac

Post by liveforpiano »

Frank,

I have just read your post about Moszkowski, and if there are any of his works for piano that you need, let me know. I have a great deal of his piano music, and will be happy to post any you may want if I have it.

Peter (liveforpiano)
fhimpsl
Pianomasochist

Post by fhimpsl »

Dear Peter, Thank you so much for your kind offer! Most of MM's works I photocopied at LOC years ago (many, many nickels in the machine that was!) However, there is one piece that has always eluded me... a piano solo version of Moszkowski's Concerto Op. 59, arranged by one Thomas A. Johnson. I made a note in the works listing about this but cannot remember the source of the information now. Do you by any chance have this score, or know where it might be obtained?

Best Regards,

Frank :D