Music from the Balkans

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
mballan
Site Owner
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Music from the Balkans

Post by mballan »

Vladiegerov: unfortunately my copy of the 2nd concerto [which came from a different source] also has the missing page 61. Am attempting to see if I can locate a complete copy.......but difficult as the work was originally published in Bulgaria.

And another Vladigerov score - his Op 16 Vardar Rhapsodie arranged for piano solo [apologies, very difficult score to scan as Mr P will concur.....thank you].

Malcolm
Vladigerov P - Vardar Rhapsodie Op 16.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fleubis
Pianomasochist

Post by fleubis »

mballan wrote:Vladiegerov: unfortunately my copy of the 2nd concerto [which came from a different source] also has the missing page 61. Am attempting to see if I can locate a complete copy.......but difficult as the work was originally published in Bulgaria.

And another Vladigerov score - his Op 16 Vardar Rhapsodie arranged for piano solo [apologies, very difficult score to scan as Mr P will concur.....thank you].

Malcolm
Malc, what an unexpected treat with the Vardar Rhapsodie for piano. It is certainly a tuneful little piece and is a very playable transcription. Regarding page 61, Malc, we all appreciate your efforts in attempting to locate a complete score. Not many composers are worth the effort, but I posit that Vladigerov certainly is.
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

Often considered Vladigerov's piano masterpiece and his most expansive work in this field.......the Op 28 Sonatina Concertante.

Malcolm
Vladigerov P - Sonatina Concertante Op 28.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lutoslawski
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano,Violin. Composer.

Post by lutoslawski »

Thanks ! i wanted this a long time ago !

Tony
alegitor
Pianophiliac

Post by alegitor »

mballan wrote:Vladiegerov: unfortunately my copy of the 2nd concerto [which came from a different source] also has the missing page 61. Am attempting to see if I can locate a complete copy.......but difficult as the work was originally published in Bulgaria.

Malcolm

Hi Malc, here is the missing page from Concerto nr.2.

And the missing CD recording of the Complete 5 Concertos would be available next year, I will be finishing the set with the recording of numbers 4 and 5 this autumn, so if everything works fine, they should be released in 2011.

Cheers!
img099.pdf
fleubis
Pianomasochist

Post by fleubis »

Alegator, thanks for the missing page! Nice to have the complete version of the very interesting concerto. Be sure and tell us when the CD's will be out, as I'm sure there will be a lot of buyers out there besides me. Recordings of Vladigerov's concertos certainly will help get him back on the musical map.
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

Alegitor......many thanks for posting the missing page. Very much appreciated.

I shall for one be first in the queue for the new recordings of the Vladigerov concertos. Excellent news [can't wait to be honest].

And for fellow Vladigerov enthusaists. The promised recording of piano concerto No. 1 available in the Sound & Recording section.

Malcolm
alegitor
Pianophiliac

Post by alegitor »

mballan wrote:Alegitor......many thanks for posting the missing page. Very much appreciated.

I shall for one be first in the queue for the new recordings of the Vladigerov concertos. Excellent news [can't wait to be honest].

And for fellow Vladigerov enthusaists. The promised recording of piano concerto No. 1 available in the Sound & Recording section.

Malcolm
Hi Malcolm,

You are welcome, as a matter of fact I only scanned 1 page ;) not a big job at all. The recording you posted is so far the only one available, with the added value of Alexander Vladigerov being the conductor. A pity he left this world so early, he was a very good friend and a born musician!

With best wishes,
A.
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

Hello Alegitor

Hopefully these recordings will help bring a new appreciative audience to Alexander's creative craft. They are excellent performances - I obtained my copies from Allan Ho when I helped him with some aspects of his vast piano concerto project. It is a great shame they have never been re-issued in CD format to a wider audience.

And new, for fellow Vladigerov enthusaists....the Piano Concerto No. 4 duly post under recordings.

Malcolm
lutoslawski
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano,Violin. Composer.

Post by lutoslawski »

Anyboy knows anything about vladigerov's violin concertos. He wrote 2. I saw somewhere about publishing the 1st concerto. But dont know which company.
Was it ever recorded?

Tony