China Japan and the Far East

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
lutoslawski
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano,Violin. Composer.
Music Scores: Yes

Re: China Japan and the Far East

Post by lutoslawski »

zimerfan wrote:Hello Tony, I'm from Taichung. Actually I've been viewing this forum almost everyday for a couple of years. :P Thank you so much for all these contributions and discussions. :mrgreen:
Your welcome. I am currently living in Taipei. Are you taiwanese? Its good to know that i am not the only guy in taiwan that knows about this fantastic forum.

Tony
Richard0428

Post by Richard0428 »

lutoslawski wrote:
zimerfan wrote:Hello Tony, I'm from Taichung. Actually I've been viewing this forum almost everyday for a couple of years. :P Thank you so much for all these contributions and discussions. :mrgreen:
Your welcome. I am currently living in Taipei. Are you taiwanese? Its good to know that i am not the only guy in taiwan that knows about this fantastic forum.

Tony
That makes three of us! Living in Guandu, Taipei here (although I'm from England).
lutoslawski
Pianophiliac

Post by lutoslawski »

Great ! Near the Taipei Arts University ?
I live in Tucheng. At the end of mrt blue line.
That makes 2 foreigners and 1 local on pp. ( i am chilean )

Tony
lutoslawski
Pianophiliac

Post by lutoslawski »

The Butterfly Violin Concerto.

Tony
Butterfly Concerto (Pno).pdf
Butterfly Concerto (VL).pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hands

Post by Hands »

He Lu-Ting

From Wikipedia:

He Luting (traditional: 賀綠汀; simplified: 贺绿汀; pinyin: Hè Lùtīng; b. July 20, 1903; d. April 27, 1999) was a Chinese composer of the early 20th century. He composed songs for Chinese films beginning in the 1930s, some of which remain popular.[1]

At the Shanghai Conservatory of Music, he won a contest in 1934, which was sponsored and judged by the Russian composer Alexander Tcherepnin, for his composition Buffalo Boy's Flute (牧童短笛).[2]

His best known compositions are "Song of the Four Seasons" (四季歌) and "The Wandering Songstress" (天涯歌女, with lyrics by Tian Han), both composed for the 1937 film Street Angel and sung by Zhou Xuan.[3]

In September 1949 he was appointed director of the Shanghai Conservatory of Music. In late 1965, Jiang Qing, Mao's fourth wife, incited the anti-Western crusade of the Cultural Revolution, and a wave of terror engulfed every sector of society. In the spirit of proletarian solidarity, "bourgeois" artists were subject to vicious public humiliation, and some chose suicide as a way out. An astonishing incident took place on Chinese television. He Lüting, who had drawn fire from a proletarian-minded critic for defending the music of Claude Debussy, was subjected to a physically abusive interrogation but refused to apologize. "Your accusations are false!" he shouted. "Shame on you for lying!" Alex Ross stated that no composer had ever made a braver stand against totalitarianism.[1]

In 1984 he retired from his position, retaining the title of honorary director. The main concert hall at the Shanghai Conservatory of Music is named after He Lüting.[

His most famous piano work, Buffalo Boy's Flute , and his Berceuse have been posted here. I am posting another scan of the Buffalo Boy and another piece, the Evening Get-together.
He Lu-Ting_A Buffalo Boy Playing His Small Flute.pdf
He Lu-Ting_An Evening Get-together.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lutoslawski
Pianophiliac

Post by lutoslawski »

Taiwanese Contemporary Composer.
Hsu - Tsang Houei : Nostalgia: 3 Melodies for Piano Trio.

With best regards to Oren.

Tony
Hsu-Tsang Houei - Nostalgia Op.6.pdf
oren segev
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by oren segev »

lutoslawski wrote:Taiwanese Contemporary Composer.
Hsu - Tsang Houei : Nostalgia: 3 Melodies for Piano Trio.

With best regards to Oren.

Tony
Thanks alot as always Tony
Oren
lutoslawski
Pianophiliac

Post by lutoslawski »

Ma Shui Long - Suite "Taiwan" for solo piano.

All best,

Tony

PS: i will scan his arr. of taiwanese folk songs for piano, next week.
Ma-Shuilong - Suite for Piano.pdf
Hands

Post by Hands »

Chen Pei-Xun[/b](1922 – 2006)

Born in Hong Kong. Studied piano, organ and composition in HK and then Shanghai. Musical style is largely Nationalistic and he has made numerous piano transcriptions based on Chinese folk songs. Composer of the popular transcription 'Autumn Moon Over Calm Lake', based on the Guangdong folk song.

Watch Lang Lang play it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IPXsqez0zg

and Sa Chen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKNYQjdvTek

Chen Pei-Xun_Autumn Moon over the Calm Lake.pdf
Hands

Post by Hands »

Another piece by Chen Pei-Xun: Transcription of a Chinese Folk Song 'The Street Merchant'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CSMkW1UM9c
Chen Pei-Xun_The Street Merchant.pdf