Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
fleubis
Pianomasochist
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Russian & Soviet Composers - Part 3

Post by fleubis »

fredbucket wrote:
fleubis wrote:While playing through the many lovely Alexandrov pieces, I found that Op.60, "Echos of the Theatre" is corrupt. Anyone have a copy handy? Thanks in advance.
This one is OK...
alexandrov - op. 60 echoes of the theatre.pdf
Regards
FRed
Thanks, Fred. This one is fine.
alegitor
Pianophiliac

Post by alegitor »

alfor wrote:
mballan wrote:M Gazen [M Hasen]. I can find absolutely nothing about this composer beyond he edited some works by Gozenpud, and that I suspect he may be a Georgian composer.
His Sonata op. 10 posted in 2009_
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=554&p=2409&hilit=gazen#p2409
Hi alfor,

Could you please repost the Sonata? I missed that and the link is not working after almost 1 year ... Thanks in advance!

Regards
alfor
Pianodeity
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by alfor »

alegitor wrote: Hi alfor,

Could you please repost the Sonata? I missed that and the link is not working after almost 1 year ... Thanks in advance!

Regards
http://www.mediafire.com/?qynttfxyyiz

You can browse and download all my files (currently 986) at:

http://www.mediafire.com/alfor
Best regards, Alfor S. Cans

Music is a higher revelation than wisdom and philosophy (Beethoven)

alegitor
Pianophiliac

Post by alegitor »

alfor wrote:

Regards

Thank you very much, alfor!

Cheers.
lutoslawski
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano,Violin. Composer.

Post by lutoslawski »

alfor wrote:

Regards

You have got to be one of the biggest uploader of files in to that online storage service !

Tony
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

I'm sure Anatoly Liadov (1855-1914) needs little introduction.....here are three lesser known works:

Chorus or Scherzo
Liadov - Chorus or Scherzo.pdf
Ten Folksongs for Children - Piano / 4 hands
Liadov - Ten Children's Songs for Piano & 4 hands.pdf
Twenty-four Canons
Liadov - Twenty-four Canons.pdf
Malcolm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

We have been fortunately in already having several works by Boris Arapov (1905-92) posted on this site - Sonatas 1 & 2, Humoresque and the Etude-Scherzo.

Here is the Piano Sonata No. 4,
Arapov B - Piano Sonata No. 4.pdf
and his last piano work Op 70 Piano Sonata No. 5 "De Profundis".
Arapov B - Op 70 Piano Sonata No. 5.pdf
Malcolm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HullandHellandHalifax
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: piano organ harmonium

Post by HullandHellandHalifax »

Monumental Malcolm
thanks
Brian
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

lutoslawski wrote:I have another information request!
Who are:

Ruta Vintule
Edvins Zalitis

?

All best,

Tony
I'm beginning to think you only want me for my knowledge :D

May I suggest in future Tony....that you just drop me a e-mail or private message and I'll look these up outsdie of PP. I can then add them according to my "book" and people can see the information as and when they wish.

Malcolm

Ruta Evaldovna Vintule. Born 1944 in Riga. Latvian Composer. Graduated in 1967 from the Latvian Conservatoire, after studies in composition with Ivanov. From 1961-1962 taught at the Darzins Music School in Riga, and from 1962-1968 taught violin at the Latvian Conservatoire. During the later period (1967-1968) he also worked for the Latvian Philharmonic Society. In 1968 he took up a position within the State Academy, directing the Chorus of the Latvian Philharmonic Society. Works:
Poem of 1905 for orchestra (1967)
Symphonetta (1971)
Concertino for Piano & String Orchestra (1969)
String Quartet (1967)
Piece in the style of a Sonata – Piano (1966)
Sonatina - Piano (1968)
Cantata “Is the Sun of Peace for chorus (1967),
Vocalise for voices (1969)
Winter Impressions for voices (1971)
Four songs on words by Bergmanis, Yurtsinya & Chaklays (1972)
+ choruses, romances, songs.

Edvīns Zālītis was born on February 24th, 1955 in Riga. His mother, who also played a bit of piano, encouraged his interest in music from his youth. He started studying piano at the age of 5, first privately with Valentīna Namniece, and later at the Riga 1st Music School with Aleksandra Akota, Mudīte Legzdiņa and Biruta Ozoliņa, and privately with Vilnis Salaks in the art of composition (1962–1969). After that he continued his musical education in the Emils Dārziņš College of Music in the music theory department (1969–1973) – piano playing with Monika Grīva and composition with Ģederts Ramans. In 1973 he enrolled at the Latvian State Conservatory in Jānis Ivanovs’ composition class, and graduated that in 1978.

While a student he was a pianist for silent films in the Film House, as well as the at the film festival Arsenāls (as of 1986). Later he worked as a sound engineer in the Latvian Radio music program editorial board (1977–1978), also as a senior member of the editor’s union Telefilma-Rīga (1980–1981) and was the director of the music division of the State Dolls’ Theatre (1980–1989). He has worked as a teacher of composition at the Limbaži Children’s Music School, Riga 2nd Children’s Music School, and the Krimulda School of Music and Art (1989–1996). He was the keyboardist in the popular ensembles Ceļavējš (1977–1978), Ādaži (1980–1981), Proventus (1982), as well as the artistic director and participant in the popular ensemble Selga (1983–1984), and the State Operetta Theatre rock group Rekvizīts (1986–1989). Today, he works mainly as a music manager, though he also plays keyboards in the groups Rekvizīts, Pilsēta and Tequila.

The music of E. Zālītis is characterized by directness, activity, inexhaustible energy, frequently a romantic fervour. In it successfully combined a tendency towards powerful, dramatic contrasts with a fine colouring sense. In the composer’s works (and not just piano compositions) dominate a pianistic texture, frequently also an improvisational freedom. Everything interests Edvīns Zālītis – academic genres, as well as jazz, country, schlager, and meditative music. That is why his musical genre palette is multi-formed. Most of his works are music for children, dolls’ theatre performances, and popular songs.
alegitor
Pianophiliac

Post by alegitor »

mballan wrote:We have been fortunately in already having several works by Boris Arapov (1905-92) posted on this site - Sonatas 1 & 2, Humoresque and the Etude-Scherzo.

Here is the Piano Sonata No. 4, and his last piano work Op 70 Piano Sonata No. 5 "De Profundis".

Malcolm
Thank you, Malcolm, that's a brilliant addition to our relatively poor collection of Arapov :) Could you repost the Etude-Scherzo, I seem to have missed that.

Regards