musiclife217
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Salon music

Post by musiclife217 »

UPDATE:

Hello all,

I am seeking a piece by one Alfredo Barili - Op. 18 - Cradle Song ... any leads would be most appreciated. :) Thank you!
Riodk
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano, but not very well :-)

Post by Riodk »

Barili,Alfredo_5 Pieces.pdf
My best shot !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Georgio

Post by Georgio »

Riodk wrote:
Barili,Alfredo_5 Pieces.pdf
My best shot !
Very well done!!!

Regards, Georgio
Jim Faston
Pianomasochist

Post by Jim Faston »

musiclife217
Pianomaniac

Post by musiclife217 »

Jim Faston wrote:Some biographical info here:
http://www.georgiaencyclopedia.org/arti ... -1854-1935
Very cool! ¡Viva Italia! There are definitely more Italian composers from the 19th-C. than meets the eye/ear... :)
musiclife217
Pianomaniac

Post by musiclife217 »

This may be an idea for a new thread, and excuse me if there exists one already, but...

Is there a public domain scan of Charles Wilkinson's "Well-Known Piano Solos, How To Play Them" ? Can anyone recommend a modern reprint that is not simply computer scanned and riddled with errors?

Perhaps, we can start a new thread of "Books on Piano Playing and other Reference Material." :)
WCosand
Pianophiliac

Post by WCosand »

musiclife217
Pianomaniac

Post by musiclife217 »

some "loose leaves" I came across with the popular Die Marionetten piece - Eduard Rohde's Op. 36.
Rohde, Eduard-Op. 36-Leaves, Loose.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
musiclife217
Pianomaniac

Re: Carl Bohm

Post by musiclife217 »

musiclife217 wrote:
Phillip210 wrote:
Phillip210 wrote:I have very recently posted to IMSLP my scans of four pieces from Bohm's Op. 327:
http://imslp.org/wiki/Salon-Komposition ... ohm,_Carl)
This single opus is a collection of 78 pieces, which - if they are of an average length of 5 pages (conservative estimate), and 3.5 minutes duration (some are longer) would constitute some 400 pages of music taking about 5 hours to perform. As such this must be one of the biggest piano opuses pre-Sorabji.

Alas, even with my four pieces, and the two that were already on IMSLP, that makes only six, and I have never seen any of the other 72 pieces, a list of which is on the IMSLP page. If anyone has any of them (possibly in Bohm albums published by Lengnick) and would like to post them to IMSLP - or anywhere else where they can be found - I should be most grateful. I suspect that the opus number was supplied by Bohm's publisher Simrock and kept open while he supplied works for it over a period of time (the catalogue shown on the back of another work lists these 78 pieces plus a series of blank numbers running to 100!).
Apart from the pieces which members of this forum have kindly added, I note that IMSLP has recently acquired an American Bohm album which, as well as other pieces I had not seen by him, contains one or two more of the Op. 327 set. Maybe my 5 hour Bohm performance marathon is taking a step closer!
I will see what I can do in this regard. I enjoy this type of music, as well as hearing you play it! :)
Here is one that I found in order to contribute to the quest for Bohm's Op. 327. This piece was recorded by Hans Kann, apparently, but I'm sure it's ready for another go!
Bohm, Carl-Op. 327 No. 08-Murmuring Spring.pdf
fleubis
Pianomasochist
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by fleubis »

Thanks, musiclife217 for the Bohm piece. This charming little piece sounds a lot more difficult than it realy is and is much fun.