Walter Niemann

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
Paul
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano (amateur)
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Walter Niemann

Post by Paul »

Nice to see some of my old scans reappear together with some new material - just for info: the Valse-Arabesque published in the NMZ ist Nr.3 from the 3 Amoretten op.15. Here are all three pieces.
Niemann W op.15 Amoretten.pdf
(my scan)

Enjoy

Paul
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Georgio

Post by Georgio »

Dear Paul,

thank you for your info and the complete "Amoretten op.15". Well, nevertheless I hope the new scans you can enjoy, too.

Best regards, Georgio
Georgio

Post by Georgio »

Georgio wrote:You're welcome, DIDI

And some more fresh out of the scanner:

Heidebilder. Fünf Charakterstücke für Pianoforte (Heath-pictures. Five character pieces):
1. Stürmischer Vorfrühlingstag in der Heide (Stormy Pre-Spring-day in the heath)
2. Ein Sommermorgen (A morning in the Summer)
3. Herbststimmung (Autumn moods)
4. Heide-Saga (Heath saga)
5. Winterstürme (Winter storms)

Niemann dedicated the score to Heinrich Greter, one of the famous German poets on the "Lüneburger Heide" (Lueneburg Heath).
Niemann_-_op.12 Heidebilder.pdf
Try these scores and relax on the post-romantic moods,
Georgio

P.S. I will go on tomorrow and will have my evening/night break now.
I will add a mp3-file of op.12.5 Winterstürme - to whom who is not familiar with the "real sound" of Niemann (not a very good piano, I guess):
Winterstuerme.mp3
Georgio
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Georgio on Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Georgio

Post by Georgio »

And here is something - just scanned - not in the wishlist by liveforpiano, but not available via IMSLP or in this board:

"Werk 48. Pompeji. Mosaik romantischer Miniaturen. 10 Klavierstücke". This op.48 "Pompeji. 10 Piano pieces" is also available in an orchestrated version by Niemann himself. Sorry, but the cover was gone...

These small romantic pieces are playable very well:
Niemann_-_op.48 Pompeji.pdf
Let's go on,
Georgio
Georgio

Post by Georgio »

Paul wrote:
mballan wrote:Paul - thank you - hope you can track down some interesting Niemann scores and for said promised works list.
Malcolm
Thanks for reminding me of the worklist - here is what I found so far.

Have a nice weekend

Paul
Niemann09_10_09.xls
Dear Paul,

just looked on your "old" Niemann.xls and checked it with my "Niemänner", I attached a list highlighted in yellow of scores I do not own yet, but possible YOU (marked as "PDF " or as "ordered")! These scores are not available in IMSLP or in this thread, so it would be a great favour to get them to avoid double ordering from German music libraries.

Big thanks in advance, Georgio
Niemann09_10_09update.xls
Paul
Pianophiliac

Post by Paul »

Dear Georgio,

here are some scores from your .xls. As I wrote earlier in this thread (p.11 message from 28.10.2010), many of the late works were never printed and I still don't know whether the manuscripts have survived or not.
Niemann W op.105 Eine kleine Weihnachtsmusik.pdf
Niemann W op.115 Moderne Tanzsuite.pdf
Niemann W op.130 6 Rondinettos.pdf
Best regards.

Paul
Paul
Pianophiliac

Post by Paul »

... and three more ...

I think I didn't post these scans in this forum because the libraries sometimes tell you that the copy you get is for private use only and not to be shared and since Niemann still is under the 70-years copyright I wanted to avoid trouble.
Niemann W op.133 Präludium, Menuett und Capriccio.pdf
Niemann W op.147 Musik für ein altes Schlösschen.pdf
Niemann W op.161 Der Rubin.pdf
That's all from me because I do only share my own scans (or scans published by libraries).

Best regards

Paul
Georgio

Post by Georgio »

Paul wrote:... and three more ...

I think I didn't post these scans in this forum because the libraries sometimes tell you that the copy you get is for private use only and not to be shared and since Niemann still is under the 70-years copyright I wanted to avoid trouble.
Niemann W op.133 Präludium, Menuett und Capriccio.pdf
Niemann W op.147 Musik für ein altes Schlösschen.pdf
Niemann W op.161 Der Rubin.pdf
That's all from me because I do only share my own scans (or scans published by libraries).

Best regards

Paul
Dear Paul,

many thanks for your posts - so now I can start my travel around the German music libraries to pick up the existing missing scores.

Warmest regards,
Georgio
Georgio

Post by Georgio »

liveforpiano wrote:Hello Georgio,
According to my list the following opus numbers are as yet not found. This may NOT be entirely correct. But here goes.

Opp. 1-2-3-4-5-10-12-13-16-17-22-27-35-37-40-41-43-44-51-58-6772-73-90-91-97-98-105-111-115-122-124-126-129-130-131
133-137-138-141-142-147-149-151-154-156-157-159-161-163-164-165-166-167-170-171-172-173-174-175-176-177-179-180-181
185-187-189-190-191-192
If you can lay your hands on any of the above, I am sure it will be most welcome by fellow enthusiasts.
Best wishes.

Peter (liveforpiano).
And now the last plentiful harvest out of my scanner, beginning with op.90, the Capriccio for piano:
Niemann_-_op.90 Capriccio.pdf
Regards, Georgio
Georgio

Post by Georgio »

The next one are the "Variations on an old English Menuett" as op.118.1. The No.2 of this pair of variations "Variations on an old Dutch Sarabande" is already circulating in this thread:
Niemann_-_op.118.1 Variationen über ein altenglisches Menuett.pdf
This piece is lovely and easy to play.

Best regards, Georgio