Miniatury Fortepianowe PWM

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
fleubis
Pianomasochist
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Miniatury Fortepianowe PWM

Post by fleubis »

kamator, you really seem to have found the "mother load" for these PWM editions.

Many thanks from Central America (am I the only one from here?)
kamator

Post by kamator »

Debussy_La_plus_que_lente, PWM, MF87.pdf
Beethoven_Menuet_in_G, PWM, MF90.pdf
Dear fleubis, thanks for your nice words. I am doing what I can under circumstances.
Here are the next two entries from PWM's Miniatury Fortepianowe.

kamator

PS. It appears that Debussy wanted to prevent at any price the publication
of "La plus que lente" but he did not succeed...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Riodk
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano, but not very well :-)

Post by Riodk »

Thanks Again Kamator, for these great contributions !
kamator

Post by kamator »

Schumann_Aufschwung_op12, PWM, MF91.pdf
Ravel_Menuet_Antique, PWM, MF92.pdf
Here are another two interesting editions from PWM's
Miniatury Fortepianowe:

kamator
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fhimpsl
Pianomasochist

Post by fhimpsl »

Thank you from myself as well, Kamator! Piwarski's selections embrace the greatest as well as most beloved compositions, all impeccably edited. What a nice opportunity to re-discover such wonderful favorites.

Frank H.
kamator

Post by kamator »

fhimpsl wrote:Thank you from myself as well, Kamator! Piwarski's selections embrace the greatest as well as most beloved compositions, all impeccably edited. What a nice opportunity to re-discover such wonderful favorites.

Frank H.
Dear fhimpsl, thanks for your remarks. I evidendly share your opinion. However we must be careful about the following detail: as far as I can see the PWM in Cracow ( shorthand of Polskie Wydawnictwo Muzyczne, (Polish Music Editors)) has not much to do with the Piwarski Edition whose pic of activity was around the begining of 20th century. Tell me if I am wrong or missing some overlap between these two.

best , kamator

Edition
Last edited by kamator on Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
fhimpsl
Pianomasochist

Post by fhimpsl »

Dear kamator,

I always remember Piwarski as Szymanowski's original publisher, and knowing that today's PWM apparently still publishes this great composer's works, I extrapolated (hate to use the word "assumed") that Piwarski and PWM were related. That may or may not be true. Wiki claims that PWM started on the heels of WWII in 1945, a fact supported by the company's website...http://pwm.com.pl/en/page/o_pwm.html. However, it is very possible that PWM was started from the old Piwarski company catalog and what remained of their holdings. I haven't been able to close the link, so it remains a mystery.

The following site provides an interesting (post-1945) history of the PWM publishing house, which may interest many of our friends:

http://www.muzykologia.uj.edu.pl/docume ... 8fc0a760c0

Thanks again for your good work, and all the best,

Frank
kamator

Post by kamator »

fhimpsl wrote:Dear kamator,

I always remember Piwarski as Szymanowski's original publisher, and knowing that today's PWM apparently still publishes this great composer's works, I extrapolated (hate to use the word "assumed") that Piwarski and PWM were related. That may or may not be true. Wiki claims that PWM started on the heels of WWII in 1945, a fact supported by the company's website...http://pwm.com.pl/en/page/o_pwm.html. However, it is very possible that PWM was started from the old Piwarski company catalog and what remained of their holdings. I haven't been able to close the link, so it remains a mystery.

The following site provides an interesting (post-1945) history of the PWM publishing house, which may interest many of our friends:

http://www.muzykologia.uj.edu.pl/docume ... 8fc0a760c0

Thanks again for your good work, and all the best,

Frank
Very interesting, I myself have no clue.
kamator
kamator

Post by kamator »

Bach_Busoni_Toccata_and_Fuga_d(Ed.W.Kedra), PWM, MF93.pdf
Here is Bach-Busoni from PWM's Miniatury Fortepianowe in perfect edition of W. Kedra.
This monumental piece is hardly a miniature and we profit from the fact that it was included in this series.

kamator
fleubis
Pianomasochist

Post by fleubis »

Again, many thanks kamator for these excellent editions. Of these posted today I certainly am enjoying the Ravel Menuete the most and what a fine edition it is, too. And nice to have further editions of Bach-Busoni. These are always much fun to play. I've been addicted to them since Horowitz recorded the the Toccata, Adagio and Fugue.