Russian & Soviet Composers - Part 3

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
mballan
Site Owner
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Russian & Soviet Composers - Part 3

Post by mballan »

Thank you fleubis................I did noticed that IMSLP have copied the majority of my list, and the Bortkiewicz website should be fairly complete as well. I was very fortunate that my old friend 'Sir Peter' on this site had some documents from Austria, which originally helped me considerably to compile the list; and a few years ago I was finally able to track down a copy of the composer's own worklist, which helped to fill many gaps.

For those interested in the Bortkiewicz songs........I have just posted some on the Vocal Music thread.

Malcolm
fleubis
Pianomasochist

Post by fleubis »

Thanks, Malc. Happily enjoying the Bortkiewicz songs today. There are very well written. Maybe Alex and his wife will treat us to a rendition of some of them.
Aggelos
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by Aggelos »

mballan wrote:[
Aggelos

Simply amazing - mega thanks from me for this score. I am very grateful to you.

Malcolm
Not at all!
Its strange that nobody has posted sth like that in the years that new pianophilia is active......
But it would be nice if we were able to see other solo-PTs of his :

- March of the heroes of the Burjat-mongolian ASSR Op. 71 (transcribed for solo piano by the composer)
- Overture on Slavonic Themes Op. 77 ( transcriber L. T. Atowmjana)
- Cleopatra (Egyptian Nights) Op. 78 (transcribed for solo piano by the composer)
- The Zaporozhe Cossaks Symphonic ballet-piece Op. 64 (transcribed for solo piano by the composer)
-"Victory" Overture for symphonic orchestra in B flat minor Op. 86 (transcribed for solo piano by the composer)
- Krizhis Op. 65 Mimes ballet in three acts (transcribed for solo piano by the composer)
- The comedians Ballet in three acts with prologue Op.68 (transcribed for solo piano by the composer)
- Ouverture of the Opera Shakh-Senem Op. 69 (transcribed by the composer for piano four hands)
- The Sirens, Symphonic poem for big orchestra Op. 33 (transcribed by the composer for piano four hands)
relative
Pianophiliac

Post by relative »

Jerbashian Stephan (Armenian composer) (1917-1973)
Sorry, only on Russian.
http://dic.academic.ru/dic.nsf/enc_biog ... 1%8F%D0%BD
http://www.kino-teatr.ru/kino/composer/sov/249569/bio/
Jerbashyan Imprompt-fantasy.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

relative wrote:Jerbashian Stephan (Armenian composer) (1917-1973)
Sorry, only on Russian.
http://dic.academic.ru/dic.nsf/enc_biog ... 1%8F%D0%BD
http://www.kino-teatr.ru/kino/composer/sov/249569/bio/

Thank you Relative....greatly appreciated [you know I can never say no to anything Russian].

Aggelos - I did have a copy of the Op 77 Overture on Slavonic Themes ( transcriber L. T. Atowmjana) but that now resides in the Russian Music Archive with the University of London. However, I do remember the print run of this arrangement was extremely poor [bad paper, poor quality printing and binding] - I can ask the University to scan this for me but suspect it maybe a rather poor copy, if they are able to at all.

Malcolm
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

fleubis wrote:Thanks, Malc. Happily enjoying the Bortkiewicz songs today. There are very well written. Maybe Alex and his wife will treat us to a rendition of some of them.
Thank you fleubis............final song cycle just posted on Vocal thread. I will attempt to scan manuscripts next and share with everyone eventually.

Malcolm
Alex
Pianophiliac

Post by Alex »

fleubis wrote:Thanks, Malc. Happily enjoying the Bortkiewicz songs today. There are very well written. Maybe Alex and his wife will treat us to a rendition of some of them.
I certainly hope so! She is interested, and will be learning some of them. It might take some time, but keep an eye out!
Aggelos
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by Aggelos »

mballan wrote:
Aggelos - I did have a copy of the Op 77 Overture on Slavonic Themes ( transcriber L. T. Atowmjana) but that now resides in the Russian Music Archive with the University of London. However, I do remember the print run of this arrangement was extremely poor [bad paper, poor quality printing and binding] - I can ask the University to scan this for me but suspect it maybe a rather poor copy, if they are able to at all.

Malcolm
If it is not much trouble to ask the Uni to scan it (as it is a shabby print), it would be interesting....
Much appreciated!
Jim Faston
Pianomasochist

Post by Jim Faston »

This is a minor reworking of the currently circulating file of Bortkiewicz' 7 Préludes, Op40. I went to print off a copy this morning and it just wasn't cooperating, so I took fifteen minutes to crop, straighten and recontrast the pages.
Bortkiewicz_7 Préludes, Op40.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jim Faston
Pianomasochist

Post by Jim Faston »

Removed per request of site owner.
Last edited by Jim Faston on Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.