School of Syncopation - Jazz, Stride, Novelties & the Like

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
GJF323
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: School of Syncopation - Jazz, Stride, Novelties & the Li

Post by GJF323 »

Early Jazz - Mischa Spoliansky's Morphium (Valse Boston). This is from a folio that I'll get around to scanning called Tanzteufel. Unlike the other folio series that tobyjj has been posting, I have uncovered only one of these folios. Drug-induced pieces were a rage at the time, I guess, since the folio also has Jean Gilbert's Opiumrausch (Orientalischer Fox-Trot). That and a bunch of tangos and Valses Boston (?).
Spoliansky Mischa Morphium Valse Boston.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GJF323

Post by GJF323 »

Here are several novelties I have as copies; they are as scanned (without clean up), but are generally fine copies. I've done a rudimentary search and didn't see any of these posted - sorry if there are duplicates.
Whiteley Norman Flippant Fingers.pdf
Hamy Sylvain Garden Party (Syncopated Novelette for Piano).pdf
Hamy Sylvain Sprint (A Novelty Solo).pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by GJF323 on Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
GJF323

Post by GJF323 »

Second group - 2 by Raymond Colignon
Colignon Raymond Love (Hot Piano Transcription).pdf
Colignon Raymond Get That Swing (Solo a la Teddy Wilson).pdf
EDIT - Sorry - Get that Swing is a Solo a la TED Wilson. I'm sure it's the same one, but just more formal.
Last edited by GJF323 on Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
GJF323

Post by GJF323 »

Folio by Bruno Hauer - 3 Klavier-Soli
Hauer Bruno 3 Klavier-Soli.pdf
The three pieces are Lachender Fruhling, Tsching-Tschang-Tschu, and Eisblumen
tobyjj
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Guitar, Banjo, Ukulele, Erhu, Trumpet, Saxophone, Recorders,

Post by tobyjj »

Hello All,

Thanks for these postings GJF - excellent find & mostly new to me - I look forward to the rest of the Tanzteufel.
I also have a small folio (5 pieces) of Bruno Hauer - "Beshwingte Rhythmen".
I'll post it up if requested.

I have almost finished the TTT postings, but have some earlier issues than 1937 & 1938 - it makes me curious as to where all the intervening issues are hiding. Whose attics are they in?

EDIT - GJF, I think you said that you had 1933 No.1 ?

Here's one (I don't think I've posted it previously - apologies if I have).
1931 - 1 - Tonfilm-Theater-Tanz.pdf
regards,
tobyjj
GJF323

Post by GJF323 »

tobyjj wrote: EDIT - GJF, I think you said that you had 1933 No.1 ?
regards,
tobyjj

Thanks for more of these! By the way, do you have many Zu Tee und Tanz? I have several scattered around in various stages of decay.

I do have 1933 Heft 1, and can put my hands on it; I think I have others. But I can't be sure they weren't lost in the move until I've looked more. I've been looking through some boxes that were hard to access (where tonight's earlier pieces were) and maybe will find the others.
tobyjj
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Guitar, Banjo, Ukulele, Erhu, Trumpet, Saxophone, Recorders,

Post by tobyjj »

Hello All,

GJF - I only have two more TTT (1933 No.4 & 1939 No.3) and a Wiener Musik Magazin (Classical) of uncertain date. (I don't intend to post this).
I don't think I have any more Zum Tee - but I still have a small box to look through. Also, surprisingly I was sent 2 issues of TTT after I started posting this series - so it is always possible I may get more - but I'm not expecting it.

So, after I post up the above 2 - if you're up for it - I'll hand over to you for any remaining TTT and Zum Tee :D ...

By the way, it's very pleasing to see your scanner is working now!

regards,
tobyjj
GJF323

Post by GJF323 »

Here is something different (not completely, though). These are color Perl covers for 9 of his pieces (these were photocopied for me - I don't have any original Perl). The covers are nice and colorful.

The nine covers here are:
Cowboy
Ducky
Hollywood Stars (interesting because it shows the title is literal - not the "Stars" you'd expect)
The Goldfish
Grasshopper Dance
The Last Mohican
Tim and Tom (with a handwritten dedication by Perl to his deck steward Jan)
Two Toys
Zebra Stripes

I may have already posted these covers - hopefully not. I'm sure the pieces themselves were posted earlier in the thread; if any were missed I will scan them.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/vjs8yv
tobyjj
Pianomaniac

Post by tobyjj »

Hello All,

Nice Covers GJF - Actually having done a quick search of PP, I'm not sure that we did post up all the Lothar Perl.
In any event don't think I have 'Ducky' or 'The Goldfish' and I can't check at the moment since I've left the relevant disk at work.
If you were offering to upload any, could you upload those 2, please.

In the meantime, here is the last TTT from me (at least for the moment).
1933 - 4 Tonfilm-Theater-Tanz.pdf
regards,
tobyjj
GJF323

Post by GJF323 »

tobyjj-

Thanks for the kind words about the covers. I've always thought it was a shame to have the Perl pieces without their famous covers, so I requested the color covers when the scores were copied. Just in case, here are Goldfish and Ducky:
Perl Lothar Ducky.pdf
Perl Lothar The Goldfish.pdf