Moritz Moszkowski

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
tobyjj
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Guitar, Banjo, Ukulele, Erhu, Trumpet, Saxophone, Recorders,
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Composers from Germany [Misc]

Post by tobyjj »

Rob,

You refer to a previous incarnation of PP and the existence of earlier postings, but I (and maybe others) am a relative new arrival to PP - so it is unclear to me whether those previous postings are still available for perusal and/or download; and if so, where.

I'd be grateful if you could fill me in: (with information, that is).

Thanks
tobyjj
rob
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Singer (bass)

Post by rob »

tobyjj wrote:Rob,

You refer to a previous incarnation of PP and the existence of earlier postings, but I (and maybe others) am a relative new arrival to PP - so it is unclear to me whether those previous postings are still available for perusal and/or download; and if so, where.

I'd be grateful if you could fill me in: (with information, that is).

Thanks
tobyjj
No - as we've replaced old software and upgraded the forum then we've run the boards in parallel for a while and eventually closed and deleted the old one. We've been around in one form or another for nearly ten years now and so you might expect that quite a bit of material has altready been scanned. Later today I'll post a list of the Moszkowski that I have in scans - none of them mine btw - and then you can request away and we can avoid duplicating scans if the versions already in existence are of sufficient standard.
fhimpsl
Pianomasochist
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by fhimpsl »

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the excellent suggestion. It may save me some scanning work (although I'm happy to do it!)

I made a careful comparison of the IMSLP holdings vs. what I have and found the following missing on IMSLP:

Op. 10 Nos. 2, 4 (already posted)
Op. 17 Nos. 1-3 (already posted)
Op. 36 Nos. 1-3, 5
Op. 39 piano arr. of Intermezzo from Suite I, arr. by MM
Op. 47 piano arr. of Intermezzo from Suite II, arr. by MM
Op. 49 Melodien aus der oper "Boabdil" - edition Peters 2 volumes (different material from IMSLP)
Op. 53 Laurin Ballet - entire piano score for solo, arr. by MM (100+ pgs)
Op. 64 Books Nos. 1-3 (these are more technical studies and not musical etudes; not as important as Book No. 4 which IS posted on IMSLP)
Op. 90 Introduction et Prelude pour le Orgue Aeolian, piano solo arr. Thomas Johnson (already posted)
Op. 91 Books Nos. 1-2

If any of these have already been posted on old PP and are available for posting, that would certainly save me some time. Otherwise my plan was to post the material above after scanning.

Thanks again & all best,

Frank
Caprotti
Pianomaniac

Post by Caprotti »

Let's see

op.36 should come from Sibley

opp.39 and 47 were uploaded as 4H, not 2H : do you have 2H for us ?

op.49 (Boadbil) was uploaded as :
Drei Stücke 2H (Ballettmusik) i.e. Malaguena,Scherzo-Valse,Maurische Fantasie)
and
Complete Klavierauszug (by Kogel)

op.53 (Laurin) had been scanned by Google (klavierauszug in this case means 2H)

op.64 was available in 2 editions (one probably coming from Sibley)
Moszkowski - 36 - 8 Morceaux caractéristiques alt.pdf
Moszkowski - 53 - Laurin.pdf
Moszkowski - 64 - Ecole des double notes.pdf
Moszkowski - 64 - School of scales and double notes.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Caprotti on Tue May 03, 2011 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fhimpsl
Pianomasochist

Post by fhimpsl »

Hi Caprotti,

Many thanks for the information. Yes, I do have 2-hand arrangements of the Intermezzi of both Op. 39 and Op. 47; arranged for piano by MM. It sounds like I should plan to scan and post those. Also, the Op. 49 Boadbil ballet music is in 2 separate volumes published by Peters; not the complete klavierauszug or the excerpts posted on IMSLP. I'll be planning to post these as well if they haven't been done in the past.

All Best,

Frank
Caprotti
Pianomaniac

Post by Caprotti »

here's op.91

about Boadbil, are you sure that the Peters edition is different from the one just uploaded? a 2H is always a 2H and I don't think were made two different transcriptions ...
Moszkowski - 91 - 20 Kleine Etuden.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fhimpsl
Pianomasochist

Post by fhimpsl »

Hi Caprotti,

Yes indeed I believe the two Boabdil "Melodien" folios are in fact completely different from what IMSLP has posted ("Balletmusik aus der oper.."). The IMSLP posting consists of three separate pieces from the opera, arr. by MM; i.e. "Malaguena," "Scherzo-Valse," and "Maurische Fantasia." This one is Edition Peters plate no. 7701.

The other two Peters folios are "Melodien aus der oper Boabdil"; heft I and II. These are both medley arrangements of different tunes from the opera, and they are definitely for piano solo. The Peters plate numbers for Heft I and II are 7699 and 7700.

I went ahead and scanned these as it looks promising that they are new finds. Attached the scans.

All Best,

Frank
Moszkowski, Moritz - 049 - Melodien aus Boabdil - Heft I.pdf
Moszkowski, Moritz - 049 - Melodien aus Boabdil - Heft II.pdf
Caprotti
Pianomaniac

Composers from Germany [Misc]

Post by Caprotti »

I made just a quick comparison between your scan and the complete 2H of Boadbil : for example the first page of your heft 1 seems to be a facile arrangement of the first scene of act 1 in the complete 2H score. In any case it deals with a different plate and that's enough to justify the scan for a Moszkowski collector.
Thank you
fhimpsl
Pianomasochist

Moszkowski Gap-Fillers; Conclusion

Post by fhimpsl »

Hi Caprotti,

Thanks for posting the Moszkowski pieces. This saved me a great deal of scanning time (especially the Laurin Ballet at over 100+ pages!).

Here are the last 2 remaining MM scores which I believe are still not available on either IMSLP or Pianophilia. These are the Intermezzi from MM's First and Second Orchestral Suites; each arranged for 2-hands by the composer. Also I post the Czerny-Moszkowski Op. 92 Toccata in C (in honor of your recent Czerny postings).

Now I believe that the entire known piano works of Moszkowski are posted, between IMSLP and Pianophilia.

All Best,

Frank
Moszkowski, Moritz - 039 - Intermezzo aus Suite I - 2-H arr MM.pdf
Moszkowski, Moritz - 047 - Intermezzo aus Suite II - 2-H arr MM.pdf
Czerny-Moszkowski - 092 - Toccata in C.pdf
rob
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Singer (bass)

Post by rob »

I promised to list the Moszkowski that we should all now have from the previous incarnations of PP (and most of that is now on IMSLP), and I have included in the list everything that has been posted here. Due to the duplications and state of the filenames (Moszkowski doesn't particularly interest me!) I have LISTED ONLY the OPUS NUMBERS. So if anyone has a particular opus number missing then please request it, and there are of course arrangements & transcriptions of some opus numbers... Note that there are a few chamber pieces and a couple of full scores amongst these opus numbers - but I suspect most people will now have most of this material:

op1 op2 op4 op5 op6 op7 op8 op9 op10

op11 op12 op13 op14 op15 op16 op17 op18 op19 op20

op21 op22 op23 op24 op25 op26 op27 op28 op29 op30

op31 op32 op33 op34 op35 op36 op37 op38 op39 op40

op41 op42 op43 op44 op45 op46 op47 op48 op49 op50

op51 op52 op53 op54 op55 op56 op57 op58 op59 op60

op61 op62 op63 op64 op65 op66 op67 op68 op69 op70

op71 op72 op73 op74 op75 op76 op77 op78 op79 op80

op81 op82 op83 op84 op85 op86 op87 op88 op89 op90

op91 op92 op93 op94 op95 op96 op97

Note that there appear to be only one opus number missing: op3 !

Note also that there are quite a few solo piano works without opus numbers and most if not all of those have been scanned.

Rob