Women Composers

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
Richard0428

Re: Women Composers

Post by Richard0428 »

liveforpiano wrote:I will be happy to scan some of the Beach for PP.
My biggest problem (as Malcolm could tell you) is that I have a huge collection but, since I moved to a smaller house (through necessity) a couple of years ago, I have a problem finding the scores. There is just too much music for me to go through to get some order into the collection, much as I would love to do it. I have spent over half the day today trying to find the Sonata by Leo Livens for Alfor, but so far not found it.
So I ask you to be patient with me. I will find the music, and I will scan it.
Peter.
Many, many thanks, Peter, for your very generous offer to share the music with the rest of us; please take your time.
Your collection, by the way, sounds amazing!
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.
Music Scores: Yes

Post by fredbucket »

WCosand wrote:Of course a great deal of Beach's music is still under copyright.
Just a quiet reminder to all about our copyright policy and that issues of or questions about copyright should be raised with Malcolm in the first instance via PM.

Regards
Fred
Chromaticon
Music Scores: No

Post by Chromaticon »

Ok, this is a shot in the dark, but let's try...

Maria Hofer's Totentanz?

I have no little or no info whatsoever, except for the link below,
but I would love to see this work, or others by her.

:twisted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maria_Hofer
Timtin
Pianodeity
Instruments played, if any: Piano40

Post by Timtin »

Guernsey girl Yvonne Madeleine Adair (1897-1990) wrote this set of 6 short pieces in 1928, okay ya!
Adair The Golden Isle.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
oren segev
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by oren segev »

Adair - Three Preludes for the Left Hand, (Complete)
Oren
Adair - Three Preludes for the Left Hand, (Complete).pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mballan
Site Owner
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by mballan »

Good to see a few recent postings on this thread.......here is one from a Brazilian composer, Francisca Gonzaga (1847-1935), full bio details can be found on Wikipedia, but here is a small album of her piano pieces. If you access the Wikipedia article there is also a link to a website where you can down load further scores by this composer.

Malcolm
Gonzaga F - Piano pieces.pdf
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.

Post by fredbucket »

Timtin wrote:Guernsey girl Yvonne Madeleine Adair (1897-1990) wrote this set of 6 short pieces in 1928, okay ya!
As well as these.
adair, yvonne - little dog tales.pdf
I suspect no3 was written for a lady on PP who has this predelection for a chemical compound containing sodium (Na) and Chlorine (Cl), hence the expression 'I feel totally knackled'...particularly after playing Khachaturian...

Regards
Fred
WCosand
Pianophiliac

Post by WCosand »

The first piece in the Gonzaga file, "O Corta Jaca," is on the Milhaud cd made by Cezar Ferrari, and can be heard here:

http://www.lulu.com/items/volume_64/771 ... k_No14.mp3
Paddys
Instruments played, if any: Piano.

Pauline Viardot (Malibran's sister)

Post by Paddys »

I found this list of piano works on Wikipedia, but haven't seen any of them. Are they available? Cheers,
P.

2 airs de ballet for piano (1885)
Défilé bohémien for piano 4 hands (1885)
Introduction et polonaise for piano 4 hands (1874)
Mazourke for piano (1868)
Second album russe for piano (1874)
Suite arménienne for piano 4 hands
passthesalt
Pianophiliac

Post by passthesalt »

fredbucket wrote:
Timtin wrote:Guernsey girl Yvonne Madeleine Adair (1897-1990) wrote this set of 6 short pieces in 1928, okay ya!
As well as these.
adair, yvonne - little dog tales.pdf
I suspect no3 was written for a lady on PP who has this predelection for a chemical compound containing sodium (Na) and Chlorine (Cl), hence the expression 'I feel totally knackled'...particularly after playing Khachaturian...

Regards
Fred
Ah Fred ... the subtitle to #3 is A Gentle Little Puppy, a characterization which no one who knows me would assign to my personality - Pit Bull with a Mohawk is more like it. And the piece would be something very staccato and molto agitato.

5 more days until we play the Khachaturian ... can't wait to have that behind me.